The wishlist some minor changes

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Javier Romero, May 2, 2014.

1. Javier Romero

Javier Romero The King of Potatoes

This faction is not there yet , it seems with all the side race it lack lust a bit (yeah enough exo and limited will get you the win but i don't think that the right way to have fun) but that gives this faction have alot of fun ways to be run too only need some minor chnage.

my list : post if y may left something out (im only suggesting minor changes )
    Cyclops Hurler : (it lost its hole idea it need some love after that)
    : +1 spd
    or
    : lower nora cost 70 nora
    or
    :add bounce
    or
    :+1 range

Onus of kierjanna:
    -target champion friendly real champion owned is destroy and closet opponent champion is destroy (if this change i guess some nora up will be proper)

intimidation:( the debuff for this spell should affect all champ even once that are summon after the spell is cast)
    -nora 35

suicidal attack:
    -add rampage

Blindwing: (once the most hated rune in the game , since it nerf it never got a fair balance )
    -lower it cost to 30 or 35
    or
    -the equip champion gain reckless fly after this equipment has been in play for 4 turn ,it return to it's owner rune dock and it owner is refunded it cost (i still think the cost of the rune is too high but something is something)

Voil Queen:
    Removed -surge voil
    Add- bulwark voil -sonic attack 2-4

Lightning Elemental
    removed - electricity eater
    add- storm acolyte

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I like all of these apart from Cyclops hurlers change.

3. Javier Romero

ty for reply maybe
    adding: bounce

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I've toyed around with Cyclops Hurler changes for a while now, with the goal of giving him built in knockback synergy and multiple knockback builds. I never finished, but maybe someone will get some ideas from this.

Remove Slam Base, Move Slam to Boulder Trap 2 Upgrade;
    Replace Tremor Upgrade w/ new ability: Target Champion (or maybe relic; maybe cyclops) becomes immune to (up to 15?) knockback damage for 2 turns; cd 5 (This shouldn't be too difficult to code since there is already bubble of protection/grintmaw hymn and because knockback damage already exists as a separate damage mechanic/type).
    Replace tectonic pulse with grant boulder trap 3 upgrade.

These upgrades would give him two sources of knockback (stone bomb aoe w/ 1 knockback and slam w/ 2-4 spaces of knockback) and two abilities that could convert the knockback into damage (either by letting a melee 2x2 cyclops engage and drop a boulder trap or by using another champ or relic to be the solid object).

I've tried make the two sources of knockback damage competitive with eachother, but I don't think I have the balance right considering cds, a damage cap on the new ability, and the new ability's potential defensive applications.

Both builds would be consistent with the overall rebalancing design, where he'd have 1 basic attack and 2 other abilities.

Alternatively, I considered only 2 knockback based upgrades and 2 cyclops specific upgrades.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  5. Javier Romero

maybe instead of a new ability it could get +1 range as upgrade?

6. koliss

koliss New Member

I really don't feel hurler needs anything. I love him as he is.

7. Vorian

He is one of our best ranged units. Up there with spearman, soothsayer, moga cannon and fesh.

8. Raikan

I'm not saying he needs anything to be good, I just feel he's kind of bland and was playing around with ideas that would allow a knockback module in SP.

9. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

I made a Cyclops Hurler tweak on his signature abilities and what he should be able to do, Gedden replied to it and if we're lucky, he might consider it.

I proposed an AoE 2 that deals 80% phy dmg, knockbacks like the usual Stone Bomb, but the interesting part is that it places a non-contesting Boulder relic on the middle of the AoE. This would allow Knockback combos, block opponent's movements, etc. Giving Cyclops Hurler a much more dynamic gameplay rather than a BIG DMG, SLAM, BIG DMG champion. so boring *yawns*

Moreover, as for my wishlist:

for Voils.

Sonic Flight (This champion has Flight, and has Vulnerability: Sonic. For each friendly champion with this ability within 6 spaces, this champion gains a rank of Evasive.)

instead of the current Sonic Flight = Eva 1.... doesn't matter if I don't play voils, I can still get the bonus. This would benefit full-Voil or split-Voil factions.

and for Clops.

The Biggest Stick* (For each friendly Cyclops you own with this ability, if this is the friendly Cyclops champion with the highest Nora Cost, it gains the following in order: Bastion of Mobility, Vitalize, Bastion of Trample*, Boost: Cyclops 2, Shielded, and Strength of Body)

*references to Cyclops Chieftain's flavor text. He who holds the biggest stick (he's the most expensive Cyclops aside of Zeventrech...and yea, Zeventrech also holds a long stick).

*bastion of trample (Friendly champions you control have Trample)

and for Nids.
    Wild Pack (This champion has Dogpile and Cackle. When there are 4 or more friendly champions you control with this ability, it gains Death Sentence)

Not sure about Nids' keyword, but I would think this is far from OP since Death Sentence in itself is quite hard to proc (4 AP on a non-AP gen racial, on a melee space).

Again, some might look radical, but its an idea of mine. Just as an input for references, or which way can help a racial distinct itself.

10. Raikan

That's a pretty flavorful idea. It would allow for some pretty impressive damage every other turn...13 or so from bomb, and 26 (-def/tough) from follow up attack and knockback. Not sure if that's too bursty--then again...see skirmisher

11. Vorian

Voil Queen to get summon vampire bat.

12. Farfallo

Farfallo New Member

The Voil Queen needs something done to her. She can't be the queen of all the Voils and practically worthless. As for the wish list to upgrade the runes by their racials, I think that keeping the tweaks simplistic would be best for the game overall. Even though those are interesting and elaborate ideas (The Biggest Stick) I can see this just adding to the confusion for newer players.

13. Javier Romero

Queen need love alot since her husband died

instead of surge voil bulwark voil and add a sonic ability or range dmg since she is the queen it need something to actually keep the voil in order some weakness