The Your Story - End Game - The KTCAOP Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Loyaute, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Oh magic 8 ball, is dagda maffia?
    *uses online magic 8 ball*

[​IMG]

IT HAS SPOKEN

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think we should see if the claim was true or serving of a darker porpoise

3. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Jk, quick reread got me something?

Indirectly in response to Dagda mentioning the people that "latched onto" Gav:

Smells just slightly scummy. Why go through the trouble to mention that Napalm Monk is innocent when you are mentioning those "few ppl" you are a bit suspicious of?

In fact, Dagda only mentioned me for exactly the same reason that he mentioned Napalm Monk. In the second quote you say that I am supicious "for reasons stated by dagda." So then why are you not suspicious of Napalm Monk as well???

Do you have other reasons that I am suspicious that you would like to share with us now? You said you would elaborate later, but checking your post history both inside and outside of this thread, it seems that you had plenty of time to elaborate. So did you forget or was that your elaboration?

4. Xinde

There's no way to find out if the claim is true other than killing him. Hence treat him like a normal player.

5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I find your torrent of accusing posts detrimental to my business and should thus be eliminated. Furthermore, I have indisputable evidence that you're mafia:

[​IMG]

GG :p

6. Xinde

Torrent? I've only accused KingJad of being scummy.

Also I haven't left for class yet because I want to finish my yogurt. >.>

7. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

8. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Crap, ploys revealed :p

9. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think we should go for gaverion, he put us in problems with his controversial claim and he's the first to point out people without any good reason.

10. Xinde

Is there a way to filter a thread by posts from a specific user? Or to filter threads from a user's post activity? Aside from using advanced search options.

Slightly scummy for focus on power roles to try and make Gav's claim scummier than it actually is.

This is highly subjective reasoning. There have been a few people that have made a few joke suspicious (not good reasons). Of course you wouldn't count those.

Dagda was the first to be able to explicitly point out the suspicious nature of Gav's claim. The reasons can be argued to be "bad."

Napalm seems to me like the first to point fingers "without a good reason."

And then we get to this? I saw this as Gav trying to metagame Dagda.

The point of these quotes was to show the order of possible people who satisify the "first to point out people without a good reason" condition. I didn't bother to analyze/include your own initial accusation into this because obviously each person is going to believe their own reasons to be good.

So +scum points for trying to direct pressure to Gav (twice) in a really sketchy way.

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i wouldn't say my reasons for gav are/were "good", just that they were better than anything else at the time. i'll take "better".

having said that, gerb- the game proper has started. i'm not willing to treat you like a complete noob to mafia anymore, especially given that i know (#metagamezzz) that you have a brain that works for this. what you're doing amounts to active lurking (posting a lot, saying a lot of nothing). i realize that that's your normal state of being so what i'm asking here is for you to cut that Bane Shift if you intend to keep playing this/these game(s). we can't just keep assuming that all your nonsense/empty posts are 100% gerb fueled forever.

(sorry qt)

12. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Not suspicious of anyone yet but not happy with Gav claiming early.

13. Xinde

Since it's pretty slow...

@KingJad, @GabrielQ: What is your experience playing mafia? Have you played forum mafia before? Have you played IRL mafia before? How many mafia games have you followed (and maybe which)?

In the meanwhile, I'll

Vote: KingJad

because I'm getting the scummiest read from him (not saying much since it's relative to mostly neutral reads).

14. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I believe they're both new to this.

15. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

@Xinde never played before, how is mafia in real life?

16. Xinde

It's based more heavily on facial expressions, laid-back, etc. since it's not completely text based. Mafia generally wins, etc.

Thanks for answering though, I just wanted to get a feel for your experience, because a lot of newbs tend to fall into the same patterns that mafia usually attempt.

17. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

My suspicion of you being mafia lies in your defense of such a question role such as miller which is very detrimental to the progress of the town mainly do to the inability to confirm if he's actually a townie or mafia w

18. KingJad

With* a role he is trying to conceal for the time being and ..yes I did forget sorry... Also this is my first game but I'm positive I'm not mafia

blazinsoul likes this.
  19. Xinde

So the thing is... with ANY role or whatever (including both power roles and vanilla town), there is an inherent inability to confirm whether the player is a townie or a mafia. Guy says he's cop and says another guy is town? Nothing guarantees his words being true.

What you quoted is my opinion, yes, but it's also widely regarded as the optimal strategy to deal with a miller that claims early.

20. KingJad

@Xinde
    Also even though I believe you might be mafia I'll hold off my vote I'm not gonna jump on a bandwagon simply expressing my thoughts

blazinsoul likes this.