Theme Adjustments #1 - Wings and Hyaenids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 27, 2015.

1. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Pls be careful with the sigils currently you receive the abilities for 6 turns when you deploy any champ. So that makes them permanent so it shouldn't really be cheaper .

SaintKiwi likes this.
  2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

what if sigils were more like the nora gem but more stat based with only a few of them having abilities?

Or another weird idea would be to give these themed units rank 1 abilities and Sigil increased the rank of those abilities when deployed for x turns or something?

Just rough ideas.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think this is a good approach, and I was considering tightening the Sigils themselves that buff multiple things.

jayscales1 and Woffleet like this.
  4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Deploy activation is problematic. It's unlikely you can power turn and deploy the same turn so they need the ability to gain/grant multi turn activation.

5. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

I think this is kne of the things that should have been deleted in the revamp. Why make second level abilities that on top are conditiknal? Thats exactly the cral we wanted to get rid of from soe days during the revamp. This is too ckmplicated to check during play even for veteran players who are not into is.

U need to keep it intuitive so u can understad each ability kn a champ in a few seconds when reading it. Not some crap like if tjis and this happens then that and that happens and u can check here ans there to see how it will affect the champ when thisnhas happened.

badgerale likes this.
  6. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Translation, please?

7. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Bane Shift be complicated. Make it less so. - Polltroy

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My 8 year old understands wings perfectly.

soulmilk and SaintKiwi like this.
  9. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Isn't there a hyanid with swarm o_o

Also going off an earlier post;
    Sigil could be "When a frendly champion with a sigil ability is deployed within X spaces this champion gains flight permanently, if it already has flight it gains X, if it already has X the deployed champion gains X for 3-4 turns."

EDIT; this would synergize with blessing of almara as well.

10. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

An other idea for hyeanid
    How does this affect : "When this unit destroys a champion, pass its negative conditions to the nearest enemy champion." ?

11. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dogpile stacks jumping around then the swarmer walks up and gets a huge damage boost, doesn't sound very good to me.
    but then again cleanse is a thing.

Anyhow I read your post as an addition to dogpile condition, so my bad :p

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Small change right now: make dogpile grant 1 AP back if there are at least X number of stacks already on, say 2. Works like a mini Exploit.

13. yobanchi

Another idea could be based off of boon of the wind.

Have sigils grant abilities to the nearest unit with an additional rank or buff if that unit is a sigil unit to or something.

Example:

Obsidian Sigil: This unit has flying. When Deployed The closest friendly flying champion gains Assault for 6 turns. If it has a sigil ability both units get +2 dmg permanently.

Basically it goes - This unit has flying. temp ability to closest unit. If it has sigil both units are buffed.

davre and Thbigchief like this.
  14. yobanchi

Hyaenids look to have two racial abilities-
    Dogpile and Cackle are on pretty much all of them (except bulwark for cackle)

Why not consolidate this and just have Cackle Give Awestruck 2 and Dogpiled 4?
    Perhaps up dog piled to +2 dmg from Hyenids since it then requires melee to initiate the dog piling (which makes sense...also ranged sunder op).

Tweek516 and iPox like this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Stacking multiple instances of Awestruck on a champion feels bad to play. The overlap is intuitively wasteful, and the damage amp combined with the debuff put even the two applied status effects at war with each other: do you want to stall this champion or kill it?

16. yobanchi

Depends are you in melee or ranged?

The added flexibility isn't necessarily a detractor.

Plus it discourages keeping enemy units perma-awestruck which can be frustrating.

17. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Hmm, what about Serf granting "Exploit Peaks", granting the +2 dmg and +1 AP vs dogpiled, awestruck (from cackle?) or shocked.

18. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I like Yobanachi's idea; I was considering to suggest something like that myself: That Cackle also applies one iteration of Dogpile. One problem with that would be the Cackle abilitiy on non-Hyaenid Champions.

For Serf to the Djinn: One headscratcher right now is that with the Hyaenid Theme, you want to put out as many Hyaenids as possible, so why run any Djinn? So how about changing it to a conditional cost reducing effect / adding a conditional cost reduction effect, such as (for some arbitrary but fixed X):

Serf to the Djinn: The next Djinn you deploy costs X less for each unit with Dogpile within 5 spaces.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  19. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Within 5 spaces of what? Are you thinking of it as an activated ability like Tortuns Trade?

20. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Not to question it, but as Hyaenids tend to focus champions to stack debuff.

Do you think this would open up the theme for a more hit and run or spread debuff builds or focus. Allowing the theme to be played diversly creating oppitunities for more creative play style's or just improve the current serf module in the hyaenids?