Theme Adjustments #1 - Wings and Hyaenids

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

actually you're right, that is if they retain the splash, then that might really work

2. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Wings will not locked into a theme or die scenario if you go with the mechanic that :

Sigil X on Champion A grants ability Y just for being deployed for Z duration...but also grants W on Champion A when Champion B get's deployed who has a Sigil

3. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

And grats J if champion S has been in range of sigil M in the last P turns since your enemy captured a font.

Sealer0 and SPiEkY like this.
  4. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

So the rune is 2-3 nora over costed in meta BGs and 3-4 nora under costed in wing BGs. A little bit like Dogpile? I guess some skeezick manage to be good despite paying for their racial though.

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Wings have more details now. Working on Hyaenids next.

6. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

So are Sigils activated the same way as now? If so, that is more or less permanent arrow eater for 5 nora.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Self sigil should be 6 turn so stuff like vaporize and assault get 3 turn uptime just like the offensive stuff.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Within wing decks. It highly discourages their use in meta decks.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Not sure on arrow eater as a sigil. He will be passing that out and it will make for a pretty strong early and mid game.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Markoth, it may be that you end up just running a large contingent of wings in meta decks that use them. I mean if like ~1/2 of the deck is wings you should be able to maintain a near-permanent uptime.

On the whole the changes look pretty cool! I am definitely looking forward to trying wings out now.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

• Sigils Restructure
      • This champion gains X for 5 turns when a friendly unit with a Sigil ability is deployed from the runedock.

12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I am pretty sure only the wing itself gets the sigil benefit now. No passing out is occurring.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So no splash? O I c

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Do the wings receive their sigil bonus from their own deploy?

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yeah it was Deploy Charged that had me asking.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Generally speaking, I'd say that on-deploy abilities shouldn't trigger from the champion being deployed.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

On one hand not triggering on deploy would make the ability a sandbag outside of wing decks. On the otherhand it encourages synergy in deck building.

18. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The two don't neccesarily exclude each other though. I mean, triggering on deploy and the need to add other Sigils.

19. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- On an unrelated/related note. While I understand why a deploy effect doesnt work for the champ its on... Why doesn't a commander : X ability work on a "different" friendly champion with the X tag but also happens to have the commander : X ability?

20. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

I'm late on this but could the breaker ability be removed from nid breaker? It's a huge sandbag on him that more often than not will end up hurting you more than your opponent. I'm not even sure it has any place in weird electric bgs and even if it did those bgs are dead because cyclonic is dead.