Theme Adjustments #2 - Maljaran Races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

Make Tortun's not suck. That is all.

2. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Personally, I don't see a problem with the Leoss racial. Some champs could swap from Pride to Soul and vice versa. Some champs need a rework. But I think the racial is fine.

3. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Speed 6 for Chirai would be a no. He's a cheetah and I like the 8 speed. However, I would like to see his upgrades change and maybe even lose Pin Down to reduce his cost. I believe he used to have Mountaineer, which I like on him. How about add Hit and Run to him to help take advantage of his speed? How about Flash Bomb? Turn him into more of a font runner / font harasser.

Current nora range is 77-86

How about this:
    Default Nora cost: 77 (Range 76-80)
    Damage 9 | Speed 8 | Range 1-2 | Def 0 | HP 46
    Base: Attack: Spear, Pride of Ailur, Mountaineer
    UG1: Detection 1 [-1], Detection 2 (Def) [+0], Detection 3 [+1]
    UG2: Flash Bomb [+2], Hit and Run [+0], Pin Down (Def) [+0]

So the default build at 77 nora would be the same as the prior base build with Mountaineer added and leap and reflexes removed (Mountaineer, Detection 2 and Pin Down). However, at 80 nora he would be at Mountaineer, Detection 3 and Flash Bomb, a nice font runner, detection, harasser. Just a thought.

4. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

Regarding Leoss:

There have been a quiet good discussion about leoss in this thread here:
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/leoss-viable.4222/

My feedback was and still is:

Magnate is pretty expensive for what he brings on the table. It must be Magnates Blessing. Perhaps Magnates Blessing needs a little cost decrease or something else that gives him a little push.

Update: Counterstike Ranged on Magnate does not feel right. If you choose Soul on him you have a 9 damage Counterstrike. Thats not very promising. Drop it completely or put it on U2 and swap with Haste. I would prefer dropping it.

Some other champs that need a second look:
    Ward:
    Defensive Stike needs to go. I understand the idea. This attack should give him his tankyness that he had pre revamp but it does not work because multi/sunder and Def Strike are counter productive. I would like to see Defensive Stance on him instead or simply evasive.

Architect:
    Very cool champ but Manson has absolutely no use in a Leoss BG. The architect as a Shatter option would be cool. Other than that I feel like a offensive option like Hammer Throw would be super cool (there is a hammer in his picture). Even level 1 HS would be cool for some extra range here and then.
    As a defensive option perhaps something like Wind Aura or Windstriker? With all the stuff hoovering around him flying seems to be a bad idea..
    Telekinetic Thrust feels flavorful too but might be to expensive for a update.

Wall of Ailure:
    He looks so cool but is so bad... Shroud is a really good option on a 2x2 champ but he is not tanky enough for a real tank and does not have enough damage for being not a tank. Defender is a useless update on him, Hold the Line gives him defender anyway.
    His roll in a Leoss BG is undefined except standing around, giving shroud and waiting for being ranged down.

Paragon:
    Is plain bad. No idea what do do with him. Perhaps some healing capabilities again or something like give "Pride-" or Give "Soul of Ailur" for a limited time if the programming is doable without putting to much effort into it? This would give Leoss better deck building option with non Leoss stuff.

Update: Grant Pride / Soul on him would be super cool.

Bloodmane:
    The original idea of a front fighter that heals himself does not work without any defensive options. Give him horrifying Aura or Conquerer and higher his costs accordingly. This would make him runnable again for me.

Update: Rend as a upgrade needs to go. Especially Combo Rent because Pounce does not work with Combo. Scrapper would be very nice. Vulnerable before he enters combat but a beast if infight.

Druid:
    Right now he is the only "true" leoss ranged option.
    Drop heal mass for sharping his profile as a ranged fighter and give him something like Vuln: Fire, Carmouflage, Domain: Veg in U2

Outrunner: See discussion.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov will we see changes for malijara together with the expansion I hope so

6. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Is something gonna happen with maljaran races or what?
    They are unique fun themes and could really use some love.
    I really think stuff like this should be done faster.

7. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Just make each of the maljaran races their own faction and then work on the faction. Call them sub factions and if they are not up to par for a while just blame it on the "sub" clause. Would be cool to have a expac dedicated the those 4 sub-factions but not as cool if they were as they are, themes. Cant keep up now with all the runes in one of these 8 factions.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is still planned. When I have something to announce I will.

9. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Is there a possibility to Sarinda gain back Death Toll + her older abilities? She was a beast with 10 abilities (I know the limit is 8 ATM, which I think it's lame), and Death Toll is great stitched-lined.

Death toll was -50 Nora, right? She could be OP with that discount, but with a drop from like, -20~-15 she will be OK

EDIT: It's just me that miss Hexer with 7 speed?
    Magicians with grant: flying + Monolith combo
    Seamstress used to cost 10 Nora less
    Mesmer runnable

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    Netherzen and Skeezick like this.
  10. Netherzen

Hexer is already too expensive,7 speed would just make him cost too much to be even runnable.
    Monolith is fine and doesnt need magician help.And the magician dosent need grant:flying and the increased cost that comes with it.
    The rest i agree with.

Skeezick likes this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Maybe I'm seeing something else, but Mesmer looks totally playable to me: 62 Nora, Aura 3, Possess, 1-3 range, 9 damage (after bonus, 10 with banner).

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's not exactly autoinclude-level, but he doesn't look unrunnable.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  12. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

not unrunnable just doesn't feel stitchy

Netherzen likes this.
  13. Djangoguy

He had Fascinate and Abash, if I remember it right. He is 6/10 ATM, but as a tiny runepool from split themes, I'd prefer having all of them on the same level of play to grant variety, not the same copy-paste BGs, with same level of play I'm not saying OP runes, oh no, I mean...

Good runes...

14. Djangoguy

Revamp firked with stitched the most, all those abilities that I said stitched had doesn't have added more cost to the rune, which is funny, I don't know what cost is right, post or pre revamp

15. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Tortun captain would be playable if he just didn't have 5 speed.

16. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Pre revamp = wrong, always.

The problem with pre revamp that many people like to forget is that we had a meta with champions with 10 abilities costing 70 nora, and a shoebox with champions with 4-5 costing the same. It couldn't be fixed, because there was no basis of what was a good champion setup. Revamp brought issues for sure, but you can't compare with what it was before.

That being said, several stitched were in that group of "tons of abilities and low cost" champions. That's why a few of them suffered more with revamp; it's not that they were overnerfed, it's because they were broken OP and there was no way of not removing bulks of abilities from them.

darklord48 and SPiEkY like this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

stitched are still op lol. reconstruct, tyrant, and first are crazy... Stitched are the only majaran theme you can play in top 10 with.

I miss op leoss super champs from pre revamp. Leoss got rekt in the revamp.

18. Netherzen

Stitched are very solid and meta worthy but they are not overpowered,they just take some skill to play against.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

I think they need slight reworks. Reconstruct can get silly. Me and dzso are currently using them in the top 10 and even having success against devilsrath and tinydragon with them. I think I ended jesusbaby 25 game winstreak with my stitched bg.(dzso just stopped playing stitch)

Arise is op, reconstruct could use a global cd or some type of nerf. Maybe buff stitched in other areas but reconstruct is op, also first and tyrant are kinda strong.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  20. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

wow no wonder people hate you,i see it now
    SAVE STITCHED 2015

Djangoguy and Netherzen like this.