Theme Deck Prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morfeas, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

I feel like the Theme Decks are overpriced, but I don't have enough rune-price/market knowledge to back this up. 20 bucks for the runes in each of these decks just seems too much.
    I haven't forgotten of course the fact that they're pre-leveled. Do you think this justifies their prices?
    Also, if say, CP were to be gone as a system overnight, what would you adjust the theme deck prices to? (gold & Owl coins)

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

In my opinion, theme decks have to be reworked to be either:
    a) on par with the public decks, and made available to be played in the training grounds lobby while unmodified. They'd work slightly different to the public decks because you'd own the runes in them and they would be costlier than the samples.

b) Top tier theme decks able to compete at highest rankings, a direct buy for people who want to jump right into the big scene, and they should be priced accordingly, they would include whatever legendary is necessary to compete and would become a quick way for whales to fill the competitive portion of their collections

3. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

How much would / should they charge if they just made each of the public decks available for purchase? Then do that, and charge the same price for theme decks.

4. Morfeas

I disagree with option A. Unlocked decks shouldn't be playable in TG imo.
    Although I agree with option B, I believe they should be top tier decks with unlimited exos but limited leggies and no LEs of course. So just use as many of the exo- rarities but be limited in how many legs one can contain. I'd still be fine with them not being reworked though, it's not like they're a big part of Pox atm, so simply adjusting their prices without meddling with their contents is OK by me.

I disagree with making public decks unlockable (except for the being able to choose upgrades/view them in rune manager part). They belong in TG and only there. IMO public decks --> locked --> TG, Theme decks --> unlocked --> ready decks to play in the other modes (competitive or not, see top).

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I was implying that the theme decks would be only playable in tg as they come when you buy it, without customization.

6. Morfeas

So you mean making theme decks public decks?

7. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

the reason you thinkt that theme decks its overpriced, its because the runes its "easily" obtained, therefor their trading price fall from the hill...

8. Greysands22

What's wrong with letting people buy the TG decks?

If a guy has been F2P in TG for a while and he decides he really likes the semi aquatic BG why can't he buy it as a single purchase

After that those are his runes he can change the BG any way he wants to and he can go play in ranked or whatever he wants to do.

If you change the runes around after purchase you can't play it in TG, but it would make for a great jumping off point for new players.

9. Morfeas

This I agree with.

10. Greysands22

Yeah it doesn't make sense to have players learn these TG decks and then sell them totally different ones.

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I mean, when the theme decks were released, I think they were worth the costs, same with the original sample starters, interesting how everything really has gotten cheaper.

12. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

like i sayed, all runes that is eaily obtained, got cheaper...

13. Morfeas

What would you price them at atm though?

14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

One of the Theme decks is also missing (by title, KF/IS Barb split one). Though I'm not sure which since Neuromancer has the image for it in the store rather than for itself, and I haven't had the gold/money to throw at it and find out yet. Since you can't craft the Split Centaur Exo, it also means that's entirely unavailable for the time being.

15. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I am not aware of a split theme deck that exists. I guess I missed the opportunity to buy that deck when it was released.

16. Morfeas

Sharnghavian (asdfgh dis word too hard) Centaur is the one he's referring to, it's bugged in the shop.

17. RicardoNL

RicardoNL The King of Potatoes

I was thinking about the same thing gold-wise (as i could have easely gotten the runes i wanted through the forge after opening a box), then i realised they bring in LEG's (which are pretty rare now) and the fact that they are pre-leveled. I feel that they should indeed stand around 15-something bucks.