Themes

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Zythraak, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

What competitive themes do FS have at the moment? In total there are boghoppers, firk, aquatics, snaptooth, and jellebrium. I understand jelly folk are pretty dead, which is sad. Which of the others are competitive? Did I miss any? I'd be very interested in making an FS deck now, any guidance would be much appreciated. :)

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

3. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Poison for sure! Kind of you Garbiel to share your BG. I'm playing Mirefolk in top 200 also, they rely on luck more than meta but when it comes off I'd say they're much stronger.

4. Zythraak

Poison is still competitive with the poison cloud nerfs and constructs and undead about? I might have to give it a try, thanks for the bg! I have an angel also, i'll toss her in whatever I make. How are snaptooth? It seems the general consensus is they just don't have enough on their own?

5. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

Snaptooth with a split for more damage/attacks is awesome. FF FS... not so much. They just dont deal enough unsupported.

on a side note: poison cloud deals 1 damage to undead now. And I hardly thought a whole Poison theme to be viable for higher ranked matches even before the change.

6. Zythraak

I've always thought if I was going to make a non-tortun split with FS I'd love to make something with Timmy. :D But I wouldn't even know how to begin making that deck lol. I'd probably use FS for ranged and use zombies for melee. Augurs, fleshweaver witches, and whatever else goes in a zombie deck. Problem with splits like that is no warbanner. :(

7. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

Fun FS/FW splits(fun in the meaning of non-competitive ones or very difficult to manage would be):

* Nora Seep/Wake the Dead Module with Dead Benefit

Nora Seep/Wake the Dead is very situational, yet with the advantage of soul collection you could make it. Wake the Dead leaves the real champions, that can insanely buff Darkmarsh Witches, Voodoo Shamfies. Forced Reconstruction also comes in handy as well as Fleshwaever Witches/Seamstresses. Timmy also spawns real champions to exploit Death Benefit

* Utterdark Snaptooths

Snaptooth Module with FW spellset and Utterdark Spectres. Abusing Insubstantiate and Mobilization on the multi-attack theme. If Chilan gets soultap, one could even wonder about incorporating soultap elements.

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I have a nice FW/FS death benefit bg, look for the thread in the split faction section.

9. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

I'd say our most competetive options right now are..
    Aquatics
    Mirefolk
    Meta
    Boghopper
    Firk
    Psychic

I dunno about poison or snaptooth i haven't used them post revamp.

10. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

I'm gonna cry, but I'm going to try FF Snaptooth to see how far they can go, although first tests prove only that my rank is falling. There might be some forgotten runes in our faction that might help them, although I will end up as crap runner.

attio26 likes this.