TheNidhogg's Videos

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by TheNidhogg, Mar 22, 2014.

1. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Recorded a couple new games for my channel. Audio is a bit dicey (quiet) in early videos, but I found a way to boost it so you should see improvements. I'll do a breakdown of my current KF bg later, but for now you can just look at the latest 2 games to see what I run.

TheNidhogg (FF KF Meta) vs DevilsRath (FF FW Skeletons)

TheNidhogg (FF KF) vs ZWindKami (ST/UD Shenanigans)

2. blazigro

blazigro The King of Potatoes

Awesome! although, i would like to see some thematic plays over meta, but that's just my opinion!
    Anyway, awesome!

Tarathil likes this.
  3. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Gotta get some hard out commentary going Nid, new players would love to watch a experienced player play and explain his actions ect. Love tha vids man :)

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

What are your thoughts about Ranger elite vs. experimental warspirit vs. enforcer vs. den mother vs. anaru vs. dugon? How do you rank/prioritize these champs and why? It seems like ranger elite is 1x because you have 2x skirmisher, and that makes enforcers and anaru more valuable. But you seem to run 2x den mother, which make dugon more valuable if you choose reinforcement x2.

5. TheNidhogg

I'll think about getting a real mic, but right now it's pretty low effort for me so it's very easy to just record a bunch of things. I'll definitely be recording more, but usually I only post more interesting games or vs higher rank.

@Raikan
    1. Garu Den Mother
    2. Enforcer
    3. Anaru
    4. Ranger Elite
    5. Dugon
    6. Warspirit
    Starting at the bottom, it's been a while since I've included Warspirit in any decks. It's ok, but with problem champs I tend to ignore and stall them. I took out Ghost Stalker but may add him in again, but between 3x Pacify, 2x Time Slip, 2x Vines & 1x Reclaim you can pretty much lock em down forever.

Dugon is nice but I wanted to try out something different. I dunno. I like it when he's in my deck, but I rarely miss having him. I would not take Reinforcement 2 on him unless I were playing many more Garu.

Ranger Elite has been pretty clutch since she's super fast and the Commander: Ranger is a great bonus. I take KO and Dodge 1, but may switch to block. Getting Knockouts feels very rewarding.

Anaru brings meat + detection. Magic Eater is superb, and Divert spam is lovely.

Enforcer's main role is for detection via balance. That makes me put him higher on the list than Anaru, but really I never rush to deploy him. I mostly save until I need the global destealth. Obviously solid once he hits the field, benefit from Ranger Elite & Elven Bard a lot.

Den mother is den mother.

6. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

good to see you recording again, Video quality was good but as you say I couldn't hear any audio

7. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm looking forward to this. :) I like the style of your BG, so I am going to try something similar. Still have to level a bunch of runes though, so in the meantime I'd love to hear your thoughts on how to use it effectively. What you wrote above about stalling problem champs was very interesting.

Enforcer is kind of hard to get, but the destealth is very tempting. I always loved playing Acid Elementals for that reason. Would you say he's worth the cost, or can he adequately be replaced with something else?

Also what do you think of Fae Enchantress. I currently have Oracle and Trickster planned (since I only got one Oracle), but after what you said about the stalling, Oracle and Enchantress would seem to make a better duo. Do you think that's alright or is Enchantress completely obsolete now due to powercreep?

Finally, I really like the Angel of Restoration. If you would put her in, what kind of role would she fill out best? I.e. what would you take out for her, or do you think she doesn't fit into this BG at all for some reason?

8. TheNidhogg

Angel of Restoration straight swap for Avenging Angel. I have Avenging Angel for Invigorate on Skirmishers, mainly.

Enforcer can't really be replaced for his exact role - you could run Vashal Ranger as a detection / melee guy instead, but it's not really the same. He also brings a Pers counter so there's that to consider.

Fae Enchantress is fun, but I don't like her that much. I'd go with Trickster, 8 speed Shadowspawn can be super annoying. Metamorph also really shores up your weaknesses against super champs if they aren't impenetrable.

Zenity likes this.
  9. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Great videos! Just speak more :p

10. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I used to run 2x Angel of Restoration. After a while, I went to 1x and then to 0x. I think she has a real design flaw. Intensify makes you want to put her out early to get her damage and range up, but divine favor makes you want to hold her to mid/late game. Then she's an angel of restoration, but w/ only heal 2, which make it a pretty bad ap for health trade but still increases her cost. I guess I'd rather have something like Avenging Angel, which I can save until I need DF, and then a separate ranged damage unit that I can deploy early.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  11. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

need more vids nid!!! would love to see you commentary some other bg's besides meta kf. fairies/trees/wizzards/elf maybe?

12. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

That's why I like to run her with Abash instead of DF, but I guess that makes her less of a replacement for Avenging Angel. Maybe I'll also change my mind about her eventually, but so far I find her pretty effective. A flying ranged beater with some CC is kind of nice to have.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty