There are only 33 likes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nite2kill, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

3. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

People don't really do Facebook anymore (it's not as meaningful as it was). They've lost too much trust. Facebook likes are largely fake anyways. DOG can just buy a bunch if they want the illusion of popularity.

Try making a new Pox Nora Sub-Reddit. SOE had one, and DOG can too.

4. KTCAOP

Just because it isn't as meaningful doesn't mean that people don't do Facebook anymore. In my environment, Facebook is by far the more utilized resource than Reddit. We acknowledge that it is there and it does drive activity, however, Facebook is seen and understood as the place to go to in order to get a quick look at official announcements. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Not saying that they can't revive r/poxnora, but yeah.

Nite2kill likes this.
  5. IceNorth

IceNorth Devotee of the Blood Owl

I gave 40th like :)

6. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

It's all Reddit now, Facebook is dead.

7. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

There is a Pox Nora sub-reddit. I posted to it once recently but it does not seem to be super active. I think its because the Pox forums are so active, all of us 'greens' are here etc.

xRugolth and jenovah2 like this.
  8. Prami

You must be thinking of Twitter.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Picard says: "There are four likes!"

But in all seriousness, I've never particularly cared for Facebook, and while I wouldn't mind "liking" Poxnora to raise awareness, such an activity would require I make an account on the website so... gonna have to pass on that one. Feel free to do so yourselves though.

Nemorga likes this.
  10. KTCAOP

No, I am not talking about twitter. I meant what I stated.

11. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

True, you don't really need to be active on both. The way I see it, each game has an active "announcement page" and an active "forum". For the first the usual candidates are Facebook or Twitter (pick one) and for the second it's usually the game's forums or Reddit (much forums very love pls no reddit thx).

Edit: forgot the steam option for the "forum" part, but man, f*ck steam.

12. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

xRugolth, jenovah2 and Karmavore like this.
  13. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Dang I guess I have to put my clothes back on

SaintKiwi likes this.
  14. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

+5 points

SaintKiwi likes this.
  15. Boss

Boss Member

53 likes! hehe

16. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

People don't really "do" Facebook anymore? This is completely and entirely inaccurate. Sorry, I have to drop what I'm doing real quick and debunk this ridiculous statement.

Facebook's user count is up to 1.2 billion as of Q4 2013 (the latest quarterly numbers we have access to), which is an increase of 16% from 2012. Furthermore, Q4 was Facebook's most successful quarter, financially, ever. You mentioned Twitter - Twitter has a little over 200 million active users, while Facebook has over 600 million. Twitter's new user growth is also much lower than Facebook's.

Really curious what background you have in social media? I mean, you're making some pretty interesting claims here that aren't backed up by any data whatsoever. Do you work in a career that focuses on social, or...? I'm doubtful, since you seem to think Facebook Likes are about "appearing popular", which is not what it's about at all. It's about the ability to appear in news feeds, which you can then harness for driving clickthroughs on posted links and increasing engagement with the Page, which in turn drives more Likes, etc. etc.

Like it or not, having a social media presence is integral to brand growth. The problem is that most companies don't know how to properly leverage their pages and end up squandering that presence. But please, tell me again about how people are leaving Facebook in droves.

jenovah2 and Grand General Mosh like this.
  17. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Oh sep how I have missed you!

18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I would if I had a facebook account.

Have some non-internet love.

19. Prami

Most accounts exist for advertising purposes. They aren't real. There's an incredibly lucrative business in selling Facebook likes, companies/small-businesses buy into it & end up realizing that most of their followers are computer generated accounts from third world countries.

Facebook became too popular, and suddenly it became a business, instead of a social media outlet.

Don't put much stake in the whole "like" thing, is all I'm saying. The numbers you are quoting are stupidly inflated.

20. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I think people don't realize that liking a facebook page = Following that page and get news from them.