theRed would like to be a moderator

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thered, Jan 17, 2017.

1. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

I understand man. There is no rage on my part. To be honest in the regular scenario I actually agree with you. Its almost like from game of thrones if you get the reference. Someone who needs to say I am the king is no true king haha. Its all good man

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Red from what era are you, cant remember seen you and everyone else seem to know you

3. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

you know if we look past the jokes and everything ..I think why not give him a chnce? he is a great pox player ;) he didnt vote for trump and better yet he runs the current worst faction as his main ;) @Sokolov and @sensh I really think you guys should give him a chance, and maybe set a system up where one person from the community gets to be a moderator temporarily :) you can make it like a mini election where the person with the most like status wins. Each candidate can write a mini statement about how they will make pox better xD

Gnomes likes this.
  4. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Please fix in the next update...

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That would require a time machine.

Bondman007 likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

You can buy a clock in most convenience stores.

7. thered

what is this clock you speak of?

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

You know, one of those machines that does something or other with time. Tracks it, probably.

darklord48 likes this.
  9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

A time machine.

darklord48, Etherielin and SPiEkY like this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I don't think he should be made a mod yet. Big fan @thered , but you haven't been back for long. Stick around for another 2 weeks or so then chat with @Senshu about it :)

11. thered

That was actually the plan. It doesn't sound like it was happening any time soon and that was fine with me. What I had in mind was as long as it happened before or right around when we hit the ps4 I would be a happy camper. I really just want to help streamline the launch as much as possible. Even if it wasn't me, I personally feel like we should have more than just Markoth as a moderator once that happens since I am thinking we will have a lot of new players around then.

And I wasn't really asking for an immediate response to this whole moderator thing. I have no problem proving I am not going anywhere.

Too bad I don't have this clock thing you guys speak of so I could go to the future to see how this whole ps4 launch thing will plan out. I guess I will just have to keep using this sun dial thing to tell time until then. If anyone knows where this secretive "clock" thing is, let me know.

Tweek516 likes this.
  12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Did no one ever replace me when I left, really was hoping someone got the role because pox chat definitely needs a couple occasionally. Would be a shame if a certain few people ruined the experience for the PS4 incomers.

Tweek516 likes this.
  13. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Gtfo of here ghost

14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I really don't think Pox needs anymore moderators do they ? Pox chat is fine from what I see, although I don't check it much, and the forums are moderated very well atm. Also, if someone wants to be a moderator, I genuinely hope that a person posting a topic "make me moderator" wouldn't get the position, and please don't ask me to state the reason.

15. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

usually when applying for some position, , say a job,,, the whole idea is to state that you are the best candidate , followed with reasons why. Heh. its not like hes trying to be pope,,hes just trying to be a mod.
    And more importantly, as said before,, with the big ps4 update coming,, and the hopeful influx of more/new players,,, it cant hurt to have as many greens available on line at all times. mtgo always had mods in lobby, , I found it to be helpful when I first joined.
    markoth is great, , yet hes one. (that I see)
    At 00.00$ an hour,, I think we can splurge.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I don't want this social justice tumblr warrior having control over me, thanks. I'd rather we have less mods and free speech, an not have to deal with political correctness than to have someone who's job it is to make sure that people's feelings aren't getting hurt. PoxNora doesn't excatly attract immature brats for the most part, it's a non issue, and I am against things that restrict freedom unnecessarily. I believe it was John Adams who said "government is a necessary evil at best, tyranny at worst"

17. thered

I don't want to restrict anything. I want to be a recognizable name for new players can come to. That way I can offer advice and help them with anything they need. I will still do the job a moderator needs to do, don't get me wrong. But I just want to help new players out. I don't think that is a bad thing to ask for, is it?

18. Ballballer

I am so 100% in agreement with you, except when it comes to the ps4 launch. I dont want some jackass scaring away new players with a rant or by making fun of them

Tweek516 likes this.
  19. Ballballer

That being said, if anybody tries to mute me it will not go over well (looking at you markoth)

20. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Nope
    Yep
    Good Clarification on your original comment.
    Perfectly reasonable question.
    True too, but it depends if it was a general question or if it was a serious question about actually wanting to be a moderator or not.
    Let me check my 8-Ball for the answer.

Tweek516 likes this.