They wrecked her where the sun doesn’t shine

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Didnt old voil infernal?
    http://archive.terhix.com/#!/champion/1080

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

To be fair, that's probably our fault. If you might recall, I mentioned before that it seemed unlikely that going to TL1 would solve most people's complaints about FS angel, and both of us agreed that Cleanse or something similar would be a good-ish thing to have on her.

And Lumbering. And, for me at least, it's the Lumbering which kills them, rather than Deficiency.

On a related note, when is the Slider going to learn how to swim in it's own slime?

Hardly important as far as post-revamp stuff though.

And really, it's stupposed to be a family friendly forum. Feel free to cuss like real men elsewhere, but you can't blame them for wanting to keep a clean image as a company (at least relatively speaking).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  3. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Family friendly. When Dyrad gets a wooden dress we can call it family friendly.

drathys likes this.
  4. HardyGames32

HardyGames32 I need me some PIE!

It's funny how people are just so concerned about her when Firks are so much stronger than meta now anyway

5. Skullferno

Dude wtf why would you say that. Now they are gonna get nerfed next. Great. Just great.

Just don't bring up mirefo......

Firk.

6. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Mirefolk still get that 9 spd draw win on some maps. I mean with the Berserker Pirahnids.

7. Skullferno

They also have surge 2.....on a multi unit.

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Whoops.
    Now erryone knows.
    Fs op.

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Eh, it's pushing it sure, but it's still not explicit. Same with "where the sun don't shine." I understand where you're coming from mind, I'm just saying that as far as a company forum goes, them choosing to censor alleged profanity and such makes sense.

Anyway, in the long run, what should be taken away from this (and really before this) is that no Council Members have any real decision-making authority. Don't expect it, and recognize it as being primarily a (not literal I think?) sub-forum for discussion/feedback and that's all fine and dandy. You aren't part of the design team, you're just another player voice (albeit with more weight behind it).

*shrug*

In the mean time, remember that some day, as the filthy waters rise up from the swamp filled with corpses and filth, the players will cry out, shouting to the Angel of Nourishment: "Save us!" And she will look down on them and whisper... "no."

And even some of the lessers can get effective 9 SPD with a Resurgence follow-up.

Don't worry, no one reads this sub-forum. Heck, I don't read this sub-forum. I just post random sentences and somehow it comes out as some sort of coherent statement... well, most of the time.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
    Leadrz likes this.
  10. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

She doesn't seem worth running.
    Shes a bad healer for 89 nora cost. that's insanely over priced for her.

Empathy is a useless upgrade (but you'd take heal champ 3 anyway)

I mean AFTER 5 rounds
    she gets 11damage/ 7 speed / 2-5 range with a heal every other turn. she covers neither a good supporting champ, nor a combat unit, especially at that cost.

I never understood Pox's balancing technique, nerf AoNourishes but leave stuff like Dark Familiar
    49 nora cost
    AFTER 4 rounds
    he has 12 damage/8speed /notincluding his other talent modifiers.

I mean she did need a tone down, but why not just give her TransferLife1 instead of 2, and give her Regen1 base...

Osidan likes this.
  11. Skullferno

The fact you think, that I think, that I have any real power ohmin is a hoot. I am just saying that what is the use of a council, when most things get pulled from Cactus Crate. Why ask a group of peoples opinions when you can get it from a general discussion forum?

I no I have no power. I haven't had power since 2008 when I was the Grand Master Dragon Slayer in my WoW guild. No one but Sok has real power, we are all just pawns in his glorious game against himself as a wandering cactus through the desert trying to prevent the floods that would wash away his forsaken majestic beauty of a kingdom.

The real question is, why do you assume that I have such power? From text? Words? Actions? For the real question is, people who assume are the ones who are the assumed.

Thank you I will be here all week.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Didn't mean to imply you did. Was more a general statement.

I THINK (and I could very much be wrong) this is a "Masses vs. Elite" thing. The Council as I understand it is mostly made of known, more ore less good, active players, who probably have a different perspective on balance and stuff from the general playerbase. Doesn't mean that one will get weighed more or less than the other, but it helps filter things in terms of feedback.

*shrug*

I'm not defending the system mind. I'm just saying that no one should be surprised by this sort of outcome, pretty sure it's not the first time.

And really, you missed the opportunity to say: "those who assume make an ass out of 'u' and 'me'"?

That was served up on a platter!

:p

My guess? Because Abilities are over-costed in general, and giving her an 81 mana cost again wouldn't solve people's "problems" with her, while increasing her general cost would.

Now time to be rather silly.

On the plus side, Empathy isn't completely horrible. All you need to do, is cast Forced Evolution on her, and then she'll constantly hurt and heal herself from Aquatic and Regen, allowing you to heal adjacent minions for 3 every round!

Totally. Worth. It.

Clearly.

13. Skullferno

"Empathy rework in the near future"-Sokolov 2k15

14. Osidan

Osidan I need me some PIE!

I think Transfer Life 1 would have been better than Heal Champion 3. Cleanse makes her too expensive, in my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  15. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

probably increase its range to 2. better yet his buff will in fact be a nerf.

I seriously hope empathy gets an actual buff, otherwise Sok's going to come under some serious ridicule.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Any suggestions for the nerf?

17. bagoftrick

Im struggling to devise a nerf for Empathy as I don't think it can really get much worse. suppose she could have anti-fascinate, attracts your own units towards her.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Empathy: "When a friendly champion is damaged, this champion loses HP equal to the damage."

Iskandak likes this.
  19. bagoftrick

Lol. AoN to the Angel of Pity.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

When a friendly champion is damaged, the damage is halved, and this champion takes an equal amount of damage.