They wrecked her where the sun doesn’t shine

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Skullferno, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I think Sok is just trolling you at this point, man.
    Unless Im missing something, and now Empathy is a new form of Bodyguard.

2. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

He was making a joke. i'm fully aware of this.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Oddly enough, this approach would make it a negative ability... which, if coupled with a nora cost adjustment into negatives, could actually potentially make this a buff, particular on something with Intensify, lol

(Not that I am serious about it.)

Pedeguerra likes this.
  4. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

5. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I've seen the ~89 nora build with cleanse, heal champion and a magic attack and it looked fine to me, esp after Intensify procs. I don't get why everyone says she's so bad when she's in fact one of the most useful magic dmg dealers in FS. Also, I don't get how anyone can possibly expect her to be a great healer while also being a good damage dealer.

6. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Sounds like an aoprot ability.

7. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

See...Sirius....the problem is....FS players don't care for the whole magic dmg dealer. We really just want a healer.

So when people say "well she is a great range magic dealer...we don't care. We have a guy named Kartch and another guy name Draksar Psion, or our dear friend Arcanist, or a little birdy named FS Doom, or in fact the one guy named snaptooth ancient, or in fact Snaptooth Shaman too.

We don't need magic dmg. We want the heals(but in all honesty we don't need that either)

8. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Because she's expensive and it's generally and either/or rather than a both/also on any given turn?

Because cheaper healing-focused champions like Boghopper Shaman or even Almsgiver have the healing but not the damage? Because cheaper damage focused champions like Savant, Psion, Spitter, have generally more damage but not the healing?

Essentially, she's a generalist, and you pay for that expanded utility with Nora.

*shrug*

Who knows, maybe all this really means is that Darkmarsh Witch gets another look. Her healing might not be as convenient as TL2 was, but it's arguably stronger, and she's a good deal cheaper than AoN with Heal 3/Cleanse.

Really though, most Angels are still over-efficient for their stats (setting aside abilities). Maybe that just means that the new Intensify needs to be cheaper, I don't know, but if not, it still seems to me that stats should be addressed before abilities.

And on that note, I still think the main problem people really had with TL2 on AoN was that it amplifies the problems with over-efficient champions.

Not that my opinion matters for much of course.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

That's what I keep thinking.

What kind of healer do you want whose role is not already occupied by the Boghopper Shaman or any of the other healing options in FS?

At least the Angel is pretty unique when taken as a whole, making her a cheap healer to compete with the Shaman just isn't something I am sold on.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I think she could stand to be change into a psuedo buffer support, instead of a psuedo healer support.

BigToastie likes this.
  11. bagoftrick

I don't really like the idea of her being a 'psudeo' anything. For instance my gripe with the Boghopper witch is that shes a jack of multiple trades but the king of none which is basically the fundamental problem with her and the reason she doesn't see more play. people typically pick runes during bg design that excel at a given role that they want to use in that bg to its fullest extent. the boghopper witch is a psudeo buffer, she can generate you ap as well as provide healing as well as provide damage and isn't used.

The AoN was the king of something. problem was she was the king of two trades. best magic damage in FS. best Source of healing.she then had flying + intensify to wrap all of that up into a nice neat package that rewarded you with an instant return almost every time on your nora investment. Making her into a psudeo something will go one of two ways. Sok either makes her the king of one of those trades backed up by the other utility that she'll offer which could simply make her op. Or he makes her mediocre at everything and nobody likes her new design any better than the current one.

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Darkmarsh Witch is a good example of creative design and she fits in well with squishy easy to kill fs champs. The more champs that die the stronger she becomes and she can choose to decrease that dmg by healing others. Why do all champs have to fit one role? If everything in this game fit your idea of design it would be boring. Every time FS gets something fun some guy always has to cry about it. Seriously fawk the stupid angels I could care less if they turn into a big pile of garbage.

drathys likes this.
  13. bagoftrick

your right, she benefits from the death of her own units. grand. not even going to discuss the multiple problems with this argument. And creativity has its limits. a line has to be drawn. you cant simply have units that offer millions of options and then justify them as creative as that would be counter intuitive just as much as making everything stale would be.

They don't all have to fit one role. but a champ that has intensify has to be intensely scrutinised because its a buy one get one free champ with the second been the more potent.

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I think the reason people dont run darkmarsh witch is because shes so squishy and a 5 range. I love the idea of a strange healer with potions. Intensify is a stupid annoying ability that punishes people. As long as the champion is compensated with another a bility or a lower nora cost why not just remove it.

15. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

I think this nerf happened to AoNourish because I started playing FS/SL poison deck and she was one of my staple runes. -
    Now I have no sustain at all, because 1 health per ap is beyond poopies

='[