Things like Icesnap Akakios etc 2x on the field at once.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Things like Icesnap Akakios etc 2x on the field at once are just.......

can we drop 1x BG limit to all "named runes" ?

Morfeas likes this.
  2. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure anyone else has noticed, but heroes don't have mythical anymore. Nothing says you can't deploy a hero twice or have two in your bg. Akakios isn't as strong as he used to be either, he should be fine, but Icesnap on the other hand is a different story.

3. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

It's only hypothetical, but possible considering none of them have Mythical or any other descriptions that negate the possibility of there being two of a hero.

4. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Hero's still have a deck limit of one based on the deck limit thing at the bottom of the rune page. There is no language saying you can't have more than one in play at a time though. Someone needs to test Grim Mirror on them cause that could be a big problem.

I have a really hard time imagining someone really wanting two akakios in their bg let alone on the field at the same time.

KingJad likes this.
  5. Schmacko

Grim's mirror and clay form both specifically say they can't copy hero champs. So unless there's another way to do that the having multiple heroes of the same type on the board at once theory seems dead.

Dragons and 150ks losing mythical is a different story.

6. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

is icesnap even its name or is that just what it is

7. Schmacko

Name. He was part of the release were every faction got a named exotic dragon.

KingJad likes this.
  8. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Oh Metamorphosis, you break so many things :rolleyes:

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

FTFY

SPiEkY and Dagda like this.
  10. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Metaclone heroes has always been a thing.

11. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I'd rather they just rename the second one. Like, if you deploy Icesnap, the second one is named Icesnapple. Mairdreth of the Rot becomes Fairdreth of the Hot. Drakon becomes Wah-wah, because why are you deploying Drakon?

Boozha, MovnTarget, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  12. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

TWICE.

Boozha likes this.
  13. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

There are reasons to want to have the named dragons twice in yor bg (the herald's special abilities), but having them not to be mythical isn't pretty.
    Also, mythical should have a negative cost associated (currently is 0 nora) because it is clearly a disadvantage against other runes (imagine running 8 mythical champions x2 instead of 16 reglar champions).

14. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

You USED to be able to metamorph a hero or mythical champ, and proceed to grims mirror, then morph the new copy, and mirror again.

However, I have since tried on almost all heroes, and split heroes thus far, and have had no luck duplicating them. Even while metamorphed, they still die. Which is a good thing, it was a really lame old bug that allowed for some very silly things. It was fun, but so unbalanced.

So no, unfortunately you cannot duplicate heroes or split heroes.

However, I do agree, mythical should be handed back out to some runes that lost it.

15. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

I remember the old description for heroes specifically stating you can only have one in your battlegroup, but presently it doesn't say that anymore.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But it's got 9 damage though

17. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Only thing you wanted akakios for was for the nora gen of the priests of fury in first place, so you did want 2 akakios in your bg and you weren't attacking with him either so no need for damage.

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Supported.

Lauremoon, Nemorga and Tarabostes like this.
  19. Nemorga

Nemorga I need me some PIE!

Aye

20. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

"Oh, you're K'thun the Ancient? Me too! What a coincidence! Now I can keep myself company as I wander. How delightful."

"Coragh, this is Coragh, a friend of mine. Coragh, meet Coragh. If you'll come with me I'll introduce you to Magnus and his best friend, Magnus. They're both successful inquisitors."