thinking about replacing Icesnap with Glacial Titan

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Adam B, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Adam B

Adam B The King of Potatoes

the nora diffrenses will be titan - 93 icesnap - 90 or 86
    in a kind of a mate bg not a frost one. id like to hear opinions. thx!

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

looks like a good change, you gain +14 hp and +1 speed.

3. Adam B

Adam B The King of Potatoes

he is always on ice so i think its 2 speed ;)

4. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Icesnap is flying and synerges well with shaman if u run her.
    Also those frostcones are really deadly.

5. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Without the proper context of a BG, our opinions are largely meaningless. They both have compelling reasons for use, but those reasons aren't entirely the same. It's not so easy a decision as "+14 HP and +1 speed."

daeminicus likes this.
  6. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Personally I dislike 2x2 champs unless they are flying. Also as Entre said it depends on the deck.

7. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't, titan doesn't bring much to the table while snap brings ALOT.

8. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Can you elaborate on that statement? I kinda fail to follow you here.

Titan has a bunch of HP, more DEF, basically 8 SPD thanks to the trail and more damage potential than Icesnap. It lacks the Icesnap related synergy stuff but by itself I'd consider it at least decent and on par with the 'Snap.

9. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Cone makes the difference. Knockback is shyt.

10. calisk

cone pseudo range, amp, flying, synergy with another amp champ jakei shaman, ward to protect from targeted spells.

glacial titan is a 2x2 ground unit that can't be swapped or moved with gale, he's melee, with no pseudo range option, no amp and no synergy with any other unit, aside from an amp deck in which case snap is simply a better choice.

if you want to run him in a meta deck again their is better choices I wouldn't run either in most cases except the synnergy with shaman makes him decent in a meta deck.

11. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Guess it's an opinion thing. Snow Blast is an option for pseudo range, though the cooldown is inferior to the cone you can get some utility out of it thanks to the impending snow. No amp isn't really a concern in my opinion considering that a base attack from the Titan will deal ~19dmg on a non-arctic 0 DEF in the first turn and has the potential to hurt some more. And the "no synergy" thing is questionable, I guess. Attack: Ice with 15 base damage is pretty OK in an amp deck and the ice created by the trail can be semi-useful for everything ranged that has arctic.

Overall I probably prefer Icesnap over the Titan as well. I just can't agree with the statement that Titans are vastly inferior to Icesnaps.

12. calisk

i don't like snowblast because it doesn't work in mirrors or against flying( the deep snow part anyway ).

aside from that, the question is not whether titan is good it's if he's better then snap, and in the respective frost related decks snap wins, and in any other deck it's hard justify either imo.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
    Goyo likes this.
  13. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

This is a rather shallow comparison.

Glacial Titan
    is very clearly associated with ST Terrain as a strong front-line beater with above average damage. He enables other abilities like Domain, Tunnel and Surge: Tundra with a better nora:stat ratio than Icesnap in everything but range. The underlying issue is that the other champions currently within the ST Terrain umbrella aren't very good. Most champs with terrain synergy were adversely affected by the revamp such that his theme enabling kit doesn't snowball as easily as Icesnap's. That said, I don't believe choosing between one or the other makes much sense. Their roles don't overlap enough to warrant the question "either/or" instead of "one or both."

Goyo likes this.
  14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Icesnap is better. End of discussion