This is my last rant post/thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pedeguerra, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok, I think my message has come across at this point. I'm against the whole council idea, and I think Gedden has his notion of balance totally screwed up by being away from the game for the last 6 years or something.
    However, I'm done spewing my negativity on every post I've made. It's making me feel bad, and probably making others feel bad as well. I LOVE POX and I wish to see it thrive, and we will probably be seeing an influx of players in the near future, and I dont want to be the guy that keeps bashing the game.
    However, I will leave this last rant post/thread with an advice: GEDDEN, IF YOU HAVE ANY LOVE FOR POX, TRY BALANCING THE GAME FROM THE TOP END. For that, you will need 2 things: log in to the game often (I dont know how many times, just do it); challenge a player online who is on the top 25, and tell him to play at his best level. You will then not only improve your gameplay, but also realise how OP some things get when they are in the right hands. Its a simple task, really, and if you do it Pox will be in a much better place. Also, kudos on the new map, much appreciated.
    With that, I rest my active participation on General Discussion. I never liked it too much in the first place, but I was forced to dwell here in the last few weeks due to being against the things going down at the council.
    I'd like to think that I have become a Jakei Elder now: sniping things from far away, being able to disengage without extra AP and being immune to harm when I so choose.
    You guys will still see my posting constructevely on ST forums, or trolling a little bit in here or making complements when (if) they get things right.

SaintKiwi, Sepulcher, Pipster and 4 others like this.
  2. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Good advice for Gedden! Lets hope he listens!

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

An inexperienced player facing a top end player won't show them what is OP. Watching two skilled players face each other and talking to them after the game will. An inexperienced player might not have synergy between their champs, or use a spell at the wrong time, leading them to believe something else is OP.

I agree balance of meta has to happen at the top level, but balance of themes can happen further down, my thought is around the top 200, not top 25.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have to agree with this but also agree with pedes general message.

JayZillaGT likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It really doesn't. Because if you're bad at the game, it can be hard to identify exactly what is broken. Top players still make mistakes, sometimes more than others. In order to balance this game, you need to play it to some degree.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That's why I said to talk to the players after the game.

8. Pedeguerra

Hahahaha awesome.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Talking to someone who has just lost a game probably isn't the best idea. Worth the shot I guess, but I doubt it'll come up with good results. The fotm players and one trick pony bgs are hardly going to be unbaised.

TheBulwark and BroWatchThis like this.
  10. JayZillaGT

JayZillaGT Member

@Goyo hope you dont mind but id like to steal that picture

BroWatchThis and Goyo like this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, you have to take their response with a grain of salt. Just like you have to watch what you take from the forums.

There is a certain amount of natural talent that cannot be learned just by playing a lot of games. I don't think you can get to the top 25 without it.

12. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I can be reasonable balance wise...but if you ask me about a bg i just lost too... pretty sure id tell you to shoebox the sht out of it! haha.......

Ye... people need time to cool off after defeat

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Playing vs skilled players and discussing the game will elevate your gameplay very rapidly.

BroWatchThis and Ballballer like this.
  14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Jakei elder is also op, so theres that to consider

BroWatchThis and Pedeguerra like this.
  15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree, but I don't think it will ever get you into the top 25.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

How do you think I got there?

17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Never <3

18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think you have some talent for tactical games. While I enjoy strategy games, even after studying them, I know I'm not as good as others.

19. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Lots of practice and repetition, and playing players who changed the way I thought about the game.

Ballballer likes this.
  20. Pedeguerra

Yeah, I echo this as well.
    Once you get a guy who really plays the game well to teach you stuff and you really put effort on it, your skill skyrockets.
    Gladly my tutor was Ryvirath. :D

Ballballer likes this.