Thoughts on my Dorfs BG

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Scrambles, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Scrambles

Scrambles The King of Potatoes

http://poxbase.com/deck/C5IC8QCw9Ch7cFctdc6nC8Wc1tcgac4-c3Or1uRirYR3te1uE5ehe2OE3i

Was think of replacing Brubaker Brothers, While they can get buffed up to 25 damage 6 defense tons of hp easily they are too unreliable and I just dont know what to replace them with. Not sure on weaponsmith he is working pretty well when I use him.

Units Im thinking of replacing Brubakers with are Ironfist agent, Rugolth's Revenge, Nightwatch, Glider, Mogaslicer. Not sure on what to go with looking for some input from the community.

2. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Hello Scrambles.

Your champion lineup isn't too bad, but I would actually go with a little more ranged. Dwarven Magister is a good choice along with Dwarven Sharpshooter and another Scarlet Wing. Ironfist Agent and Nightwatch are good champs for stealth as well as pilfer. One good trick is to give brew out with Brewmaster then Pilfer it to cause Enrage, which you probably already know. Ironfist Agent and Nightwatch are good champs to do that with. You can also use the spell Disarm. Another good champ is Silverclan Tinkerer with Invigorate, Shatter and Craft. One champ I like better than Battle Matron is Ethereal Priestess with Heal Champion 3, Haste and Soften. If you prefer using more tanks, the Glorious Charge spell might help make up the distance with ranged opponents.

I notice you do not have any spells. Any reason why? There are some pretty good spells out there. One combo that is in almost every IS battlegroup is Hammer Strike and Bane Blast. If your battlegroup is heavy on Physical Damage, Strip Armor is a good spell to have. Blink is good not only for removing their champions, let's say from a font so you can control it, you can play it on one of your champs that is about ready to die and he will come back fully healed and cleansed. This is really good for the expensive heroes such as Dwarven King, Euan and Talgar. Other good ones to keep in mind are Macadamize, Instill Panic and Unobstructed View.

I'm sure you have a planned strategy with all your relics and equipment. Using Forge Hammer with relics is a good strategy, but you may be overdoing it with so many. Using Armory with a lot of equipment is also a good strategy, and if that is what you want to focus on, I would also recommend a champ with the Craft ability, such as Silverclan Tinkerer.

I hope this helps. Good luck and much success!

3. Scrambles

Maiden is the backbone of this BG, Inspire on Brewmaster to get him to upwards of 40 damage which you may think doesn't happen often but he gets up there in damage quickly and with a forge hammer and guard tower thats an instant +8 damage. As far as no spells I just cant justify and of the spells over anything that I use currently. For the Lack of ranged during matches I never really feel a lack of range hindering me, the Hooligans and scarlet wing make 3 which is a little but Axemans, Brewmasters and Talgar all have strong Pseudo Range. I mostly keep the Brewmasters at range and use him to throw out 30 damage aoe bombs. Playing IS I can mostly ignore spell spam from enemies as it does much less damage and even when they try and cc the tanks I the Battle Matrons have cleanse. With all the buffs on my champions tanks they normally sit at 20+ damage and 7 defense+ rarely do I get one rounded and all of the nora some people waste on spells I spend on more champions out on the field for more presence. Ive decided to put in one Agent and one Nightwatch use em both and think about maybe 2x one of them or replacing one. I mostly wanted to use them because of the enrage through pilfer so Im going to try them out. I never really need a champion with the Craft ability as armory shortens the cooldowns already and they arent really all that long anyways. I like this style and If there ever is a spell that I think would be vital enough to need to include I might take out a sepulcher and a Manual but other than that I cant see replacing any more relics and equips. But yeah I just always liked no spells My favorite BG pre-revamp was SL Sand no spells with a tainted statue out.
    But I feel like in the skill level that I am at people dont utilize the spells nearly efficiently enough to make playing any 1 spell stronger than having more stronger champions, and I feel like being IS and being strong VS the damage spells. But I might consider macadamize cause thats a buff that doesnt overlap and of the buffs I currently use plus spot mobility so I might swap a sepulcher out for that. I honestly think that Battle Maiden is hidden op in a full dwarf BG. If you just sit her back with a Brewmaster and buff him every turn and have him just throw out a bomb each turn you need to and keep him safe. He gets to 40+ easily and throwing one bomb and doing 30+ damage to every enemy champion it hits even if its just one is still strong. Plus pretty fun. I suggest that you try out a bg like this with few spells and see how it goes for you, I would like to see someone way better than me give it a try.

So yeah theres a wall of text for you if you have a few hours.

4. Scrambles

5. Gaedel

I doubt I'm way better than you. Anyway, I do like some of your strategies and will try them out. Do you use the Brewmasters and engage them with opponents to take advantage of Thirst for Battle? Regarding Inspire, how long does the damage increase last? Does it expire? I would think it can only increase the amount the Maiden is able to decrease, with 7 damage it is only +6/-6, right? I always used Drive on maiden instead, but I will try Inspire to see how it works out. Does the Enhance Armor on Armorer work the same way as Inspire? Is it a permanent increase or temporary? I has always thought it was temporary, and I can't remember when I did use it. My old brain does not retain like it used to. Kids, enjoy your young days when you can remember everything. It doesn't last forever.

6. Gaedel

7. Gaedel

Have you tried a battlegroup using Houndmaster and/or Sarnghavian Herder backing up the Dwarven Wings with Boost Beast 3 (+3 damage, +6 HP, +1 defense for all within 6 spaces)? Boost Beast 3 backing up the Scarlet Wings is pretty nice.

Houndmaster can provide free meat with either Drive, Invigorate 1 or even Throw Axe (I prefer Drive). Herder can provide AP gen with Invigorate, Grant Mobility, plus a boost if it gets destroyed. I think it's a toss-up which one to use, or use both. Using two Scarlet Wings and one of the Boost Beast 3 champs would be pretty good range support for your battlegroup above.

Platinum Wing would be a descent range addition with Boost. 9 base damage, +9 with Piercing Shot 3 (and +1 AP for 7 speed), Strike to eliminate defense (increase damage), Precision so he can't miss. With Boost Beast Platinum would have 21+ damage every 3 turns.

However, you may disregard if you prefer keeping a pure dwarf battlegroup.

You can even mix it up more using the Barbarian beast units (Elite Skirmisher, Fist of Bastion, Mounted Hawkmaster, Mounted Kinsman), and Ironfist Doombringer with Warcry 2 and Doom for good measure.

I wonder what a similar strategy you have with Maiden would be like in a Boost Beast battlegroup.

8. Scrambles

Inspire lasts forever even if maiden dies. and maiden has surge dwarf which is what makes it op! She gets + damage for every dwarf out and its really easy to give a huge boost to the brewmaster. I keep the Brewmaster safe most of the time and if its a safe thing to get use of thirst for battle I will go for it but only if im sure he wont get 1 rounded. Its insane how easy it is to get brewmaster to 30+ damage with forge hammer+guard tower and a Maiden. Maiden could work well boosting any ranged champ I know one limited play uses it on Glider and does really well with it. I like it on Brewmasters cause aoe bombs with 30 damage is just fun!

I havent tried IS Beasts but I will look into it. Maiden will still be useful there because alot of Beasts are also Dwarf all of the wings are and some of the mounted ones.