Thoughts On Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

What are your impressions of the new runes and the changes in patch notes?

2. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Hunter equipped is worse but the equipment gives deflect.. Hinder movement got a CD increase so hard to tag ranged battle leaders. But lot's of things got a bit cheaper so we can see how the fae turn out!

I like the new tree but everything feels designed towards delim these days.. Sometime you just wanna play plants and not force them to die for stats boosts :p

The elf looks really strong, quite a big enabler for magic amp decks.

Unsure on the centaurs/spell, will have to see/use them to decide.

The equipment does a lot for it's nora.. I think I like that!

Xirone likes this.
  3. Xirone

I'm glad KF got a new Favor champ. Fairies (Sprite) and Plants (Sunglade Dryad) now have in-theme Favor. I think Favor + Logistics: Flanking could make the Sunglade Dryad quite useful in regular Plant decks. She summons Saplings that can't be killed on the first 2 turns they are created. The Saplings can then run up to an opponent to trigger Flanking on the Sunglade Dryad. She'll be 8 SPD in FF KF once Logistics: Flanking triggers. She needs the damage boosts to do any noticeable damage, though.

newsbuff and EnigmaXIII like this.
  4. Xirone

I am quite excited for Conclave Concordance. It may not be super good in a meta deck but should be very useful in a Fairy deck (or even a Wizard deck with some Fairies in it). It summons a Sun Blossom with upgrades (Reinforcement 1 and Illuminate) and 5 AP. With no other Fairies in play it will have 5 AP and with 7 Fairies out it will come into play with 11 AP. Though probably rare, 11 AP is enough to get two attacks off and a Blind. The champion is summoned at spell range and has a range of 5, meaning you can cast this spell and hit a champion very, very far away. Plus, it can leave an annoying roadblock behind for 2 turns. The rune does need to be play-tested to see how it performs in real games, of course.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Woffleet likes this.
  5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Centaurs are cool I guess, Exo is super strong in theme.

Cool another Favor champ.

Oh my god that elf looks stupidly broken Jesus.

Spell: cool. Don't really play fae so not too pumped.

Equip: Wow this thing does quite a lot for the cost. Unfortunately both its abilities counter the same thing, we'll see how useful it is I guess :)

Overall: I like it. A lot devoted to centaurs though and I'm not too excited over them. Nice job though.

Xirone likes this.
  6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

I'm really happy to see Mystic Opposition (used to be Lifeshield.) At 25 nora it seems really strong. It's single target protection and front-loaded, but I like it.

I kinda wish they'd get rid of Grimlic's Mirror (or change what it does.) It's gotten worse and worse and with the amount of champs that have been released it's not really needed (not to mention it keeps breaking things.)

I really like the new Burning Oak Seed, but I think it might be too cheap.

I'm really impressed by the sheer amount of tweaks done. Most of it I'm very happy with.

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Haven't got round to looking through the giant list yet, but have looked at new champs.
    Holy crap that elf is gunna be good.

While I agree with this, I think the only way the new champ reflects de'lim is just attack: fire, and everything else looks normal treefolk-y. Except no take root I guess.

I like the fact that we got more favor, but it's in the same boat as sprite I think: doesn't do enough to justify running it just for favor in an adaptive sorta deck.

Didn't even realise that sun blossom has reinforcement on U1, what I thought you could do is use aurora investigator's footprints. Both work I guess, but still only has 8dmg tho. Probably best when banner is out and you have an honor coin and crown of petals on a fairy.

Equip is basically you're opponent doesn't play spells any more.

8. Xirone

Things I learned today...

If you give Gift: Magical Training to Tortun Mortar it then does full damage to any opposing champion within 2 spaces of the target (+50% from Fire Blast and +50% from Magic Blast).

Magic Blast doesn't trigger off every attack made with Cleave, only the original targeted attack.

If you use the Shrine Mulligan ability you are not guaranteed to have your Preordained champions revealed.

Tweek516 likes this.
  9. Tweek516

Ah cheers for the last one - was wondering that myself.

10. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I'd say my view are fairly consistent with everyone elses

- Tree: Another favor, which i think is huge
    - Elf: This guy is actually insane. Might be the most broken common I've ever seen
    - Centaurs: Im honestly not too impressed. I like the changes made to old ones. I was hoping Sarn centaur would also get 1x1 but whatever. The new centaurs are not very impressive to me. They are just more of the same for the theme. I really think centaurs needed a support not ANOTHER archer and ANOTHER melee.
    - Equip: I agree that its super efficient. The issue is its hard to tell whether or not it will help you in a given game. Its honestly just nice to have though, but im doubtful many will run it due to lack of incentive (other than provision on centaur).
    - Spell: Pretty much what Xirone said

-Other revamps in patch notes (This is the big 1 for me):
    ◙Wisp seems unbelievably good now. I honestly think its meta worthy.
    ◙Wizard of the ways is run-able again, and he was one of my favorite runes.
    ◙Elven fury seems fantastic now.
    ◙Garu Hunter: I dont even know how this guy is so cost efficient. There is no way he should be so cheap without a huge cost modifier.
    ◙Null Beast: Super tank
    ◙Equips: I think all the changes are good

I think I wrote too much lol.
    Now a question for you guys. What upgrades would you take on the Centaur Commander?
    What about *** guard null beast In Fae/Outside of Fae?

11. Xirone

If you are thinking about running Centaur Banner, definitely upgrade Provision: Defense. Once the Centaur Banner is on he'll have Weaken Spells, Spell Breach, Block 1, +1 DEF, Unstoppable, and the next non-champion rune deployed will cost +10 nora. Otherwise Charge 3 because it is cheaper than Block 2.

For the other upgrade, I think Declare Target works really well with Warlord. Drive is nice too. Either one of those.

12. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Your gonna probably find this odd, but i was thinking
    U1: Drive
    U2: Provisions
    Equip: Honor Coin

And to be honest, I dont think very highly of Warlord.
    I know the damage is nice, but the range part doesnt make sense on him or fit his kit. Especially if you pick charge as your upgrade. Whats the point of charging 3 spaces if you can just attack from where you are (Other than specific circumstances)
    I really wish that was one of his upgrade abilities and not base abilities. They should have put one of the upgrade abilities as a base.

Xirone likes this.
  13. Tweek516

Eh, I havent been choosing charge 3. In theme his range will regularly be 1-3/1-4, so imo charge isnt that useful. Guess it helps 1v1s though.

I like warlord, but I agree - his upgrades are a bit lackluster. Oh well.

14. Xirone

I think you are 100% right. Drive, Provision, and Honor Coin is pretty nice. It would definitely be the way to go in a Centaur or a Ranger deck. I alo agree that Charge is a little wonky with Warlord.

15. Tweek516

Hm, my only problem with drive is that he is one of the hardest hitters in the bg - and you want him to be crushing faces not driving (which is just so ap consuming). I'll test it with though :)

Note: All my experiences with him have been in ranger bgs

16. Tweek516

Oh and @EnigmaXIII there was an xpac where the midterms were instead released as commons, so they were pretty bonkers (pretty sure the doctor was one of them)

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Can you deploy a preordained champ and then mulligan to draw a new 8 cards and thus get a free draw?

18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Nope the mulligan goes away after a deploy.

19. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I think it is hillarious that they went another +10 nora on Rally.

I'm pretty ok with centaurs getting another archer and another ranger. The commander has 2 real options, you can use him as a tanky beater, or you can use him as a support to seriously buff surrounding cents. The honor coin + drive build is really quite good.

20. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

The problem with this release is that elves are not in good shape. Elves need subthemes because they are too many in number. Themes like Elven Army, Wilderkin, Wizards, Archers, etc. all need more development, not just Centaurs an Fairies as cool as those are. Now, I know we we got Elven Curate, but that is one rune.