Thoughts On Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The patch helped out a bunch, IMO. Elven Archer is a bit better and can be pretty good in an Elf deck. Circle Messenger is kind of interesting, too. He's not super powerful but with the expanded number of rune reveals at the beginning of the game you can deploy him first and give him enough +SPD buffs to nab the middle font before the opponent can get to it. Wizard of Ways is much cheaper now and can be an affordable source of Pull (to help out with Elven Strategist's Pull duties). Speaking of Elven Strategist, with an Honor Coin equipped, gives out +4 DMG and +1 DEF to champions within 4 spaces of him.

I guess what I'm saying is Elves are in a cool spot right now. It would be nice to have some additional development in Non-Delim sub-themes of Elves but the patch did help out. Try them out, elves can be decent.

Maybe this is a post-patch high and the optimism will fade. Who knows?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Tweek516 likes this.
  2. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

I think the point I was trying to make is that Elves, being the most prevalent race in K'thir, should not be decent. They should be tier 1, at least sub of their subthemes. As for your thoughts on WotW, that guy is cheaper but not more useful. He can no longer move relics, and he had Pull before. They should remove his second attack and give him back Relocate Relic for versatility. To decrease his cost, decreasing his range is a good counter. I mean he was the first at portaling abilities, and now, he is the worst. Circle Messenger didn't change for the better other than being more cost worthy. His granting abilities do not fit his kit. Vigorous Cry and Horn of K'thir would have been more appropriate. Sok's changes are not great.

3. Xirone

After trying out the various new runes, I'd rank them as...

1) Elven Curator
    2) Conclave Concordance
    3) Centaur Commander
    4) Sunglade Dryad
    5) Centaur Bolter
    6) Centaur Banner

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Wow ranking conclave that high? Haven't played it at all but I'm surprised.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Magic blast on something like Menalaus is pretty strong.

6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

conclave is the spell that summons a fairy, not the elf. Silly dwarf!

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Curator starts with a C too! Coooooooookie!

8. Xirone

It's not very good in most decks but it is pretty darn good in Fairy or Fairy/Wizard decks. It can be a surprise double attack, a surprise attack and a blind, or a surprise double attack and a blind. Additionally, it can serve as a temporary roadblock. Lastly, on certain maps you can use it to contest a font very, very far away, if you have a relic (summon the champ at 7 spaces, with 11 AP, and you can reach a font 18 spaces away from the casting champ). It isn't super powerful (i.e. it seldom will kill a champ) but it has many uses.

I just wish Reinforcement worked with Class and Race instead of just Race.

9. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Oh dang that would be sweet.

Also, for the millionth time, why are reinforcement and initiative priced identically, makes no sense. :(

@Sokolov

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Cama, reinforcement, call to arms will all work with class as well next patch.

Etherielin, Tweek516 and ChiaoLung like this.
  11. Xirone

Sun Blossom to Shaman, Wizard? That might be too much but who knows?

12. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

13. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

no what?

14. Xirone

I think he was disagreeing with my half-suggestion of giving Sun Blossom Class: Wizard. I thought it might be too much and it seems like he agreed. For what it's worth, the post was more polite than I am used to from him and so it was oddly appreciated. o_O

ChiaoLung likes this.
  15. DrakeArron

DrakeArron I need me some PIE!

You must of missed it, he came back to the light side, stopped using black magoi, etcetera. he posted an apology thread not to long ago :p.

16. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

i know he was disagreeing. I wanted to know why. Not agreeing with anyone here, but just saying no does nothing.

17. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

At one point after he apologized someone used that .gif and Pede liked and decided he would use it anytime he disagreed but was too tired to make a wall of text instead of flaming. My guess would be that he thought Cama on a wizard in KF would be too strong.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't specifically see a balance issue with her being a Wizard, but I don't like dual classes unless it makes a lot of sense generally.

Also, she's clearly too cute to be a Wizard!

Xirone likes this.
  19. Xirone

Anyway, back on topic, Centaur Bolter with Blitz is kind of awesome. Ranged Blitz is very nice. That champ is definitely moving up on my list.