Thoughts on things you want UD to change?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Revengercm, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I want annex removed form Messenger. I want to use her but damn. Her nora cost is a bit too much with annex.

Make Prince Malandur hero. Nobody runs him x2 and his name just tells his should be a hero. Don't want it with Korona though. She seems to have a name that doesn't necessarily represents one person.

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd like to see some nora shaved off of Shadow Hunter so I don't feel like an idiot for using him.

He's too cool to suck this much.

drathys and Revengercm like this.
  3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I would like to see more thematical abilities i don't think that UD has a lot but it would be a nice change if we had more

4. Dreaddoll

Dreaddoll Devotee of the Blood Owl

attack: magic on angel...

PiPPoInZ9 and Poxlife like this.
  5. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

Damn I wish I could like something more than once

6. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

bleed theme viable

Sunutsu likes this.
  7. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

Have every theme in the faction be useful.

Poxlife likes this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This is something which I think will be worked on soon, so it would be good to take stock of the state of the themes right now:

Minos -- very good (a little OP maybe)
    Spiders -- very good
    Fire -- good
    Stitched -- good
    Imps -- bad (edit, they are better than i thought -- really good theme)
    Bleed -- bad
    Deep Elves -- bad (edit, apparently they are decent, though haven't tried them yet).
    Goblins -- very bad

Of these, Imps seem like they would be easiest to fix since they have everything in place they just need a couple of champs buffed. Bleed I think can be helped though there are difficulties I can see. Deep elves are problematic since they don't really have a 'thing' right now, they are just tied very loosely together by a couple of unreliable runes. I doubt goblins can be helped without an expansion full of new runes for them.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  9. Poxlife

Poxlife Member

I feel like deep elfs are OK could use lil work in places but no way there no the level imps\bleed

10. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I need to check out spiders and stitched...and btw, when u say stitched, do u mean FF UD or FW/UD split?
    Fire still relying on borghas/wasp bombs ftw?
    Surprised to see you says DE's are bad...seems to be a lot of people playing them and doing ok with them.

11. Revengercm

12. badgerale

Fire decks are pretty varied, I don't think they rely on any one rune. Fire/beast decks are pretty good with bunny lord. Though I guess fire may have taken a hit from the recent fireblast change. I haven't tried it.

Stitched I mean UD/FW.

Deep elves may be a lower league thing, I struggled trying to play them.

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Deep Elves are a bit overly efficient, for the most part, but there's nothing beyond that and Treachery really holding them together, so they tend to fall apart against decent players.

Spiders, I feel, are probably OP, mostly due to PtN and Arachnablade spiderling spam, but they require the ability to micromanage, so there's at least somewhat of a skill requirement (not that it makes PtN & Arachnablade OK, but it's not exactly a deck that's dominating the meta atm).

14. Revengercm

Is Maxxarek ok? I don't use him because that's 3 spaces I need to waste for only one champ and I love the artwork as you can see but he isn't that reliable in my bg. Haven't tried spiders but I'm so afraid klzik will get nerfed. To the point where the spiderlings have less health and he surge can go to lvl 1 only. Imps is something so damn unique in UD that I might not end liking it but I would like to run a bg.

Bloodguard needs to lose the pet and idk, add blood magic or/and bloodseeker and 10 extra health.
    Demonvein needs bleed on upgrade path 1. He's so simple to use and has low health so Sometimes he doesn't even have time to recover enough health and basically I need to add a demon shield so he actually does something. That or a lot of blood balls are laying on the map already.
    Firemaw: decrease the fiery death nora cost and add range 1-2. You can even remove the relic that never works to like around 80 nora champ.
    Vanguard: if in FF UD, 2 other arrow eater champs active vanguard. I haven't been able to use it and that's the fact that I don't want to run pincushion for one ability.
    Soulthirster: needs some way to gain AP, gluttony is not the way or something. Bleeder is not better only because of losing 5 hp if it didn't attack.
    Sheoul disciple: idk what can they do to her. Maybe remove immunity: magical and make replace vengeful with soul siphon since she looks like could be run in a soultap bg? Which by the way they need to add more stuff so it can go FF UD, we already have bleeder and thirster as the keys to the bg,

They updated demon, elf and minos with new runes but for next expansion I would like to see, if it were 6 champs again... new mino, new fire champ, new soultap, new goblin, new imp, new spider so some themes get hyped and not just elf, anti range and mino (which we had portalwalker before).

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Are you implying that pincushuion isn't runnable for any reason other than Arrow Eater? Because that's just plain wrong.

Poxlife likes this.
  16. Revengercm

Oh I know it's good. But I don't want to run him and vanguard is better if you do.

17. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

This is so wrong. Like so, so wrong.

You can't remove annex from a diplomat. They are a set of 8 runes and Annex is what makes them a set.
    Malandur should indeed be a hero, for no other reason than being a named rune. All named runes should be heroes and 1x IMO (might have to change up what "hero" does though).
    The reasoning you give for Korona is pretty silly though. There's one Korona, and she's a hero. You either give Hero to everyone who deserves it because he is a unique, named entity, or you stick with how things are.

18. Revengercm

But you can easily run x2 korona. Running two mals isn't that good. I still see prince one person role more than korona, bok huntress. I just want Mal to be a hero. An example is akakios which sounds like a hero's name but if you would add like dwarven king then it would make more sense. Then again, pox screws with logic.

XD still don't see how it's wrong, so wrong. Why should all the free legs from all factions have annex? Screw faction's unique champs and make it all the same. They should all have annex removed, stupid ability imo. I'm just trying to help messenger here. I tried skeletons before and spectral emissary should have it removed as well lol.

19. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

Some thematic ability for the Bok. Say:"when you have 4 or more champs with this ability they get Areal Supremacy". And if it doesn`t increase their nora cost, that would be great.

20. badgerale

Morfeas likes this.