Tide Master

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Makorov, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

It would be really nice having access to High Tide on a unit that isn't legendary or ridiculously expensive (in nora).

What if he had Domain: Water replaced with High Tide? This would limit the amount of self-synergy he has.

Also, he's a freaking "Tide Master".

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

Yeah I agree, high tide should definitely replace Domain: Water. After all, he should need his fancy bandoleer to get that. ;)

3. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

But he has the bandoleer autoequipped :/
    But still yeah. He should still definetly have High Tide as an option. I dont think anyone disagrees on that. Not even other factions.

4. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I disagree :mad:

Just kidding.
    But if Desert Walker is ridiculously expensive (it is), I think High Tide might also be, thus why runes with it are ridiculously expensive.

5. Makorov

Well, Domain: Water is 4 Nora and High Tide is 8 Nora. On upgrades, Domain doesn't change the default Nora cost of the Tide Master. So I'm assuming that, if Domain was changed to High Tide and High Tide was selected, it would be a 4 Nora increase to the champion, which puts him at 80 Nora. And that's pretty ok considering his range and the utility something like High Tide brings to a faction like FS.

6. Zythraak

What about giving him a unique skill called 'Call The Tide' where all water spaces are increased in size by two squares? Would be nifty, but I have no idea what that would cost.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

We need an FS/UD split champ with an ability called "Hell or High Water" that turns all shallow lava/water into deep lava/water.

8. Zythraak

Lol that would be cool, make Jyx useful and give it to him. He's fire immune right?

9. Makorov

Ctharia has High Tide now!

But she's legendary :(

10. AmmonReros

I dont think that High Tide would be that expensive really. Looking at all other champs that have it as an upgrade selection it is only like +3 in comparison to other skills that are Water Veil, Splash and Trail Water.

11. Zythraak

The paladin has high tide, that seems useful. But i'm an IS player, I like tanky healy things.

12. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

The Paladin's high tide seems so random. Not that, I don't like it, but why not Tidemaster?

13. AmmonReros

just read about the Paladin too and was like "lolwut look at FS forumz!"
    so the Paladin is more like Boghoppers only while Tide Master would be more versatile.

14. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

We're actually running really low on champs that gen water for us that arnt expensive both in nora and cost..

I tried using sludge wurms which was okay, forglar paladin was cool getting high tide but I really think pirahnid warrior should have got it instead. The paladin already had a role.

15. Zythraak

Yeah, it did for sure seem kind of random on the pally...but hey, it gives you something else to play with!