tips for playing against SP and SP/X

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Tarth, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Looking for advice on how to tackle these hyper efficient units. Mostly Kanen and Moga combined with SP bonus is making it hard to keep up. Any tips?

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I see no reason not to run 69 nora CWS with a construct module in a dwarf BG. That would be rend1 and swarm upgrade. TBH, I'm glad to get away from spit. Thats what really made it vulnerable to AOE plays due to Numerous.

With out fac bonus, it greatly counters the downside of numerous leaving you with the upside of Evasive3.

2x Dwarven Engi, 2x Silv Engi, 1s Handler. I'm liking Brewmaster, Minister, Euan, Scarlet, Sarge, FS3 SS, Magister, Medic and EP or PoV.

3. Tarth

Im running a barb/dwarf/construct mix right now. I use medic, EP, and Sarg for support. 12Spd Wild Chiefs are funny to say the least. I think My biggest issue is the rate at which they deploy and the general cost effectiveness of those units. If lower cost units were significantly weaker then they are now it might go a long way in balancing the game as a whole. Cheap spam isnt really helping things. Ill look into CWS as right now im only playing with GST and pult.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Doom bringer has access to war cry 2. Just a note.

5. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Handler is a must in every dwarf/strux bg now

6. Tarth

That doesnt help you fight Moga or kanen. Its just dumb over powered. Those 40-60 nora champs with those stas and abilities is insulting to the rest of the game. and even their more expensive ones are drastically cheaper with their bonus.

Is it better to rush moga so they cant set up? If so what do you play to do that?

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If you can kill Moga faster than the can deploy (about 1.5 per turn) you can keep the Ghern weak. Swarm really helps with this. If you see Mika though and you can't kill her she'll end the rush quickly.