today in gaming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

poxnora: I played my daily's. still 25k short of a box. estimate another couple weeks

hearthstone: got a 300 gold reward, grinded out another 100g, bought 4 packs, got 3 exotics, 4 rares and a legendary. crafted an new exo for a paly deck.

just saying

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

K.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

4. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Nice Koro get.

Drafting in PoxStone, 900 nora shards later, one of 8 cards in pack is Leg, and just look what it's around it, omg!

5. Ragic

that hearthstone is more rewarding for time spent

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I didn't feel like that when I played.
    0 reward for ranked play, forcing me to play thing I didn't wanted and a format that I don't enjoy if I wanted to get some advancement in cards.

Baskitkase likes this.
  7. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

If you happen to get lucky and get a legendary. Goodluckwiththat

8. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I actually hate how bad HS it about losing. At least you get something here when you lose.
    That and the fact that losing has much more to do with your own actions in Pox.

9. Ragic

It's true that pox is a skill game and that luck of the draw is a significant factor in hearthstone. It's also true that HS is more rewarding for time spent.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

How's that community over at HS? How's those lobby and in-game conversations?

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Wish you'd just ******** to HS

12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Today I read a Ragic thread about Hearthstone on the poxnora forum.

Again.

Boozha, Saandro, tangmcgame and 2 others like this.
  13. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, I don't want to get into this whole HS Pox debate, so this post is mainly directed at Ragic.
    After playing for 6 months, totally for free, this is what I got for rewards:
    Legendaries: Edwin Van Cleef; Milhouse Manastorm; Old Murk Eye; Harrison Jones; Hogger (one regular one golden).
    Epics: Ancient of War; Gladiators Longbow (x2); Ice Block; Pyroblast; Sword of Justce (x2); Avenging Wrath; Shadowform; Cabal Shadow Priest; Preparation; Far Sight (x2); Earth Elemental; Twisting Nether (one regular one golden); Brawl; Gorehowl (x2); Doomsayer; Big Game Hunter (x2); Murloc Warleader (x2); Southsea Captain; Mountain Giant.
    The only legendary I ever crafted is Ysera, and so far I havent disenchanted any card. I'm pretty satisfied with my rewards, but that's mostly becaues I keep a good record of always getting at least 5 wins in Arena, and every so often I get 10+ wins (only managed to get 12 victories once, though).
    Ranked play is obnoxious, though, so I dont get in there much.

14. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I'm still kinda' curious to see how the monetization evolves for HS moving forward. Have they given any specifics on Naxx content? What about the next full expansion? Will that be available for gold? Will there be a markup, and if so, how much? Right now, I think the business model for HearthStone is, "get them hooked then make them pay."

Or, in other words, HearthStone is a hooker.

15. Ragic

I feel no incentive to spend money on hearthstone. I also feel no incentive to spend money on Pox. And its still true that HS is more rewarding for time spent.

16. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

It may be more rewarding, but it's not a particularly great game. I'm pretty much done with it right now.

Baskitkase likes this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

QFT

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

It's not a bad game either.

For babby's first CCG it might be the greatest thing since sliced bread : it's easy to learn, it's polished as **** and the carrot is pretty close to your face already (as this thread shows).

If you ever played Magic (or something similar) semi seriously in your life, you also find it incredibly shallow. Besides being able to build a decent mana curve and having a rudimentary concept of card advantage, HS doesn't ask you very much.

But it's pretty.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. Ragic

and rewarding

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Are you saying that ccgs are like women? The pretty ones catch your eye for a while, but if there is no depth, you'll get bored and move on to the next one?