Tortun chopping block. (feedback needed.)

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Hekau718, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

This is my attempt at a Tortun chopping block bg. Currently it is only on Poxbase. I plan to make the real bg in the near future. Doing so uses up most of my funds though so I`d love some feedback on it, as I haven`t played chopping block before. ( except for the public bg to get the basic hang of it.) - Is there anything important I`m missing? - I know this wont be exactly competitive, but I`m willing on giving it a good shot anyway.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cu_Cawco7Cg1cyDCyACyHCyUCizs6ZShS1gsnS5aR1qrWr1r8EA

Thank you for your feedback!

2. Hekau718

I was thinking that Tortuns are great for chopping block. - Big hp and def on most of them, Long fuse bombs and grenadier, the disease from Bokor, good single target abilities.
    As far as the current, unplayed bg goes: I added the Flesh helms for extra tankiness and the dot. Seemed perfect for Torts. Spells and relics are basically mimicing the public deck - This is where I need most help and I pretty much picked the basic Torts that a lot of people play.

3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

When you start building a chop deck, you should cover 4 issues first of all:

Antihealing:
    decay spell is costly and doublesided, but reliable option
    venger lost decay ability, and it's available now only on a relic
    dark healing is available on several champs, however it won't stop regen and divine favor
    and if you want to just inhibit/rotting blow stuff, you need enough defile options

Starting champs:
    venger was perfect for chops not only because of decay, but cause he also was quite potent staller, able to tap anything with lol-aoe, and in tough situation he was able to efficiently sacrifice himself with deathpact. He lost deathpact as well, so you need to find a replacement too
    forced reconstitution can help you with sacrifice at least

Global damage:
    in case stuff runs away at low hp, you need to finish it - dark favor, pain curse, grim harvest help here

Getting globes:
    if stuff dies by chopping, you really want to get dat globe yourself.
    Dusk is great soulcollector, but his poor survivability, which is not really important in any other deck, can hurt yourself here. Vamp collector is more survivable, but needs to get quite lots of globes to pay for himslef.
    Cast: despoil is completely gone, but you can always use actual spell.

4. Hekau718

I removed Marsh songs and the flesh helms. ( Really like the helmets, but I have some room issues.)
    Added Skull of Decay for antiheal. Got the Forced reconstitution for sacrifice, Global damage is 2x Festering Wounds. - Not sure how well they do. Might change one.
    Added despoil for nora, cause the Vamp Collector doesn`t fit in, I got some mayor nora problems with all these relics.
    Also changed the hero.

https://poxbase.com/deck/Cawco7Cg1cyDCyACyHCyUCizcufs6Zs6=s4IShs81snS5aR1qrZrWr1r8

Thank you Logan! - Any thoughts on the bg so far?

5. Hekau718

So I`ve finally built the bg. Done a few games, so I can tell, that this bg is actually pretty darn viable. But needs a lot of ironing out. I start by getting a good amount of tortuns in game, while playing defensively. When I have some stability in-game, I start putting down the relics. Chopping blocks are perfect for Tortuns, as every attack is important - the blocks finish most of my kills. Adding a Desecration for one Festering Wounds. - For killing the Long-fuse bomb and finishing off champions. I might replace Gunslingers for other torts. - They are very good, but I think I need to use some cheaper tortuns to partially counter the relic-cost.

6. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Your idea is sharpening me to play FS/FW with Turtles - no chops - btw, you deck seems pretty cool, my thoughts:

OUT OF TURTLES:

*Add a Frostvein Witch/Stitched Hexer for drudgery, with this, your Steal Life will always work.
    *Desecration to destroy your own Fuse Bombs for AWE TONS OF DAMAGE.
    *Timmy for swarms

7. Hekau718

Yeah, I even thought that if chopping blocks don't carry their weight, I'll just redo it as a regular fw split, could be hella fun.

I am surely adding Desecration, and omg - Drugery! Is awesome cause all torts are unstoppable. Not a fan of Timmy though. The summons might screw with the chopping blocks if the opponent plays smart. - Timmy can be awesome in a regular split though. If you do start that split, let me know how that goes!

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Uhh.
    Festering wounds now enemy only.
    = no heal?

9. Hekau718

Still awesome.

So, I`ve been playing them for quite a few days now. And I can say that you should rather just play Chops FF. Got too much greatness in there. Choppytorts are still awesome though. - My experiment with them is over for now.