Tortun [Insert Title Here]

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Ohmin, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

More or less inspired by the Risen Grenadier's deployment of Relics at a distance.

Tortun Stormrider/Scuttler/Whatever

Faction: FS/KF
    Nora: ??*

DMG: ??
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 3-4
    DEF: 3
    HP: 46

Attack: Lightning
    Tortun Shell
    Ponderous

New Ability: Deploy Mystic Whirlpool
    Deploy a Mystic Whirlpool with ??** Health within 4 spaces. 3 AP/6CD

Upgrades 1:
    Pillage
    Tortun's Trade (Default)
    Banditry

Upgrades 2:
    Wind Aura
    Entangle (Default)
    Chain Lightning

*(I don't care to guess what the nora value of a new ability would be. Plus, I haven't figured out the basic system yet since the revamp anyway, and it would likely be a function of DMG and Whirlpool Health as well.)

**(I'm thinking 15-20? Point being that it probably should have a fair bit less than the 40 a normal version has. Note that it would still have Font Aversion and should react accordingly.)

Basic concept: Fairly obvious, it's all about the Whirlpool, and careful use of it. This could also help make Artillery Strike more reliable, as well as Long Fuse should people ever find the Risen Grenadier to be worth using.

The upgrades are fairly up for grabs, I just chose what I think might be appropriate. Wind Aura or Entangle can help ensure that it's not too easy to escape the Whirlpool, while Chain Lightning could take advantage of the Whirlpool keeping enemies relatively clumped, and fit the " sea storm" motif. But really it's whatever makes the most sense to the Devs if/when they choose to implement this or parts of this idea.

A "regular" non-ranged Deploy for Mystic Whirlpool could also be useful as an ability. However, specifically for Tortuns, I think having a ranged Deploy would improve the theme more. It would allow their longer ranged units some additional time before the enemy closes on them, and as previously mentioned could help give some extra fear in the face of Artillery Strike, without putting the Deploying unit in as much danger. Though I suppose Fire Immunity could also effect that (like, putting it on a Salaman), but it seems unlikely to fit the theme of Tortuns in general.

A Ranged Deploy ability also makes it that much easier to put the Whirlpool in precisely the right spot, and while it's true of almost all Relics with a local effect, the positioning of the Whirlpool is one of the more important parts of using it well.

But who knows, it might be rather frustrating to play against.

Any comments or questions?