Tough

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BroWatchThis, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

*BWT* thread. Want a medal? Man, you fail even at trolling, Karma!

As you were, son.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

How old are you?

RedScarlet likes this.
  3. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

see

was that so hard

4. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Try this: bookmark every one of these threads, and revisit them in a month a year.

I hope you're young, since the above is dependent on growth, there's an unfortunate alternative.

You can't complain about people not giving you the responses you desired when you've done very little to promote that, and in fact cater to the opposite.
    It's really not a matter of whether this is the case or not, but whether you even understand that you're doing this to yourself, over and over. In all the the time I've spent on these forums I've never been beholden to such a case of 'pointing a finger and having 3 pointing back.'

It's said that the qualities you most despise in others are those you dislike in yourself, if that resonates with you I hope you at least consider doing the first line.

I'm apprehensive to even post since my previous genuine efforts were proved entirely wasteful; I am not keen on wasting time. I just find it sad when this happens, and I like to think the person is just ignorant of what they're doing rather than intentionally and repeatedly cutting off their own limbs, so to speak.

In all likelihood you'll respond to this with cynicism, perceive it as trolling and and a personal attack, but in the chance you actually see the forest for the trees I post it nonetheless.

Imperatrix, TeaNinja, Nea and 2 others like this.
  5. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

These threads are so immature.... it makes me flustered.

Dagda likes this.
  6. BroWatchThis

Dude, I don't view every post as trolling; merely the ones that obviously are. I understand what you're saying, and it legitimately makes 100% sense.
    Going back to the OP, tell me what I could have said after that to make the people trolling stop? All I'm saying is that the elitist-hive mentality of the community is pretty ridiculous most of the time. I understand some of my previous posts have been over the top, but this one was simple and not an over the top one.

Does that make sense? And of course I'll work on #1. Thank you for not tearing down your positive post with a personal jab/trolling at the end. That shows you're not part of the hive mentality.

Good day, man.

7. BroWatchThis

Maybe take an ice bath? ;)

8. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Bro, you seem reasonable on some level, there's hope for you.

In case you're still wondering wtf happened here to deserve such a treatment, I'll fill you in :

1) Them screenshots of you going all ********jew on your opponents multiple times. That didn't help.
    2) no u ad hominems when someone disagrees. Legato pointed that out. This thread is full of them. All your other threads were full of them. I can respect not backing down when the "mob" goes off on you but seriously, you should cut that out.
    3) That's pretty minor but taking your point of view as an absolute truth when bringing up something rubs people the wrong way (just go look at your Latch On thread for example). Like I said, this isn't much but added up to everything else, that's just asking for people to go off.

The thing that bothers me is that you should already know all of this. You sound like bobby. Bobby wasn't dumb, he played it right. Sometimes.

Who are you?

edit : also forgot that whole "I just lost to something and made a thread about it" part. That's self-explanatory.

Dagda, TeaNinja and PurpleTop like this.
  9. BroWatchThis

The whole latch on thing, I admitted that I didn't think it fully through. All I did was complete that with saying, "I guess it doesn't make sense that a flying champion wouldn't be held down by something latched on to it." That's close to what I said verbatim.

Yes I understand what you're saying. I let my Xbox live banter carry over to Pox. I understand that community is completely different than this one, mainly because it's vastly larger.

Pipster likes this.
  10. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

If you are having a problem with tough + healing, use disease dot for inhibited, inhibited, rotting blows, anathema, decay, and, if the source of healing is the damage capacity of the said unit, place a tank in front of it.

If you are having a problem with tough + colossal + regen, use the healing counters above, loss of life, 2x2 beaters or just put something on the 2x2 way and focus other targets.

If you are having problems with tough + defense, use bombs, abilities that ignore defense, train strike, strike units.

Sunder units are your best friends in any case.

For a more focused hint, please inform us of what you are playing and what you are specifically complaining of.

Furthermore, if I were you, I would check your rage outbursts if you really want to be taken serious. Every time I saw a post of you, your respect pool was at least 1 drop shorter. Swearing all the time like that in written language, belittling your fellow poxers both ingame and on forums, answering any criticism with pebbles on hand - all those actions do you no good in your efforts - if serious - of communication.

11. BroWatchThis

I hear you, and I already said I understand. I'm wondering if you read the OP? I know some responses weren't ideal, but you can't choose one side of the argument. Look at it from both sides and maybe you'll find party #2 to be just as, if not more, at fault.

In regards to your advice, I know bombs and spells do not pass through defense, so a 65% or 80% damage AoE attack becomes the same damage as just straight up attacking. Anti heal suggestions are pretty standard. Decay may be the best option (the actual spell).

12. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

BWT, I think an important first step is to stop looking at what others are doing, and look to and focus in on yourself.

You're actively trying to place blame, and justifying the recourse and the choices made, despite people admonishing against it, the truth is that they're completely irrelevant. Even in a situation in which there actually were trolls 1, 2, 3, and 4 on a vendetta against you, and you had a valid point, devolving into a flame war just drives away from that and your reply to them(trolls) will be the only consistent aspect of every interaction, would be the one that would be perceived as an enabler if not altogether the cause.

That's the real world. Perception is everything, I'm glad that you've taken some of this to heart, and are actively listening and I look forward to the growth that follows. I think in general you should impose a rule on yourself about making nerf threads if it's something you lost to in the past 10 games.

There's also the issue of the way you approach things. You never ask "What could I have done better?" Or even talk about your BG, or if it wasn't your game, what you saw, the situation or the rune in question(usually your threads are really about just 1 rune but you make it about 1 ability/interaction that affect upwards of 20 units) or any other contributing factors. The way you present your case is very important (Perception again) if people see you've actively explored what you may be doing wrong, or if you present a specific situation or interaction as supporting evidence people are much more likely to heed your argument on whether or not something is overpowered and deserves a change.

The other regrettable tendency with habitual 'forum trolls' is that their threads simply get ignored, due to their past demeanor. This is unfortunate and undesirable since sometimes they may actually have a point, but it falls on deaf ears (Think: boy who cried wolf).

This is not about just this thread, but the general trend of what I've seen from you.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Imperatrix and Dagda like this.
  13. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

None of your posts are ever constructive nor do they provide a sufficient amount, if not, no evidence at all. The posts you make are troll posts, not what other people reply to you. They reply in a troll-ish manner because that's the level of your posts, trolling. You lost to tough, tough luck. I remember seeing one of your games where you'd rather summon a Skeletal Warrior with Tomb Lord instead of grabbing your font, that just shows your comprehension of the game is pathetic on so many levels.

How about you stop trolling all together and maybe you can take your own advice and get a life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.