Trading directly with friend

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by Throderick, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Throderick

Throderick The King of Potatoes

Hello all,

This is probably a colossally stupid question, but my google searches and forum searches have been unproductive. My friend and I just started, and we want to trade runes with each other now and then. I know there's a three day wait period, but is direct trading possible? All I can find is the auction house style listings.

Sorry for the newbishness, and thanks!

2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

afaik the trader is the only option (so max 100 items per trade etc)

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

there is no way to bypass the trade block.
    All the trades are public, but you have the option to choose the bid that you want so you can arrange trades with whoever you want.

4. Tricky1

Tricky1 I need me some PIE!

also, both parties would require runes in the first place ( free battle group runes can not traded)

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Once you both have runes, all you need to do is create a trade, then the other can bid on it. The trader has a search function that allows you to search for a specific player, that way he can find your trade easily. If you put a title on it like "Private trade" or "For Throderick" other people won't bid on it. Even if they do bid on it, as GabrielQ said, you can choose the bid that you want to accept.

6. Throderick

Throderick The King of Potatoes

Ah, okay, thanks everybody. That seems a little wonkier than just having the option to do quick trades via messaging or whatnot, but I haven't been playing long so I'm assuming there are factors I'm not entirely aware of that makes that less practical.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The only thing that makes it less practical is the need to code multiple trade systems. Pox was developed by a small shop, then bought by SoE, who had no interest in adding anything that didn't line their pockets, and is back to ownership by a small shop.