Trading ignore list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by waylandwalker, Mar 16, 2014.

1. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

I was wondering if there are any plans to implement a no trade list or ignore list or anything like that. I wouldn't mind trading with people, but I'm tired of seeing the trades full of spam from the same idiots that are still (even with the shard system capping value) looking for ridiculous overbids. I won't name any names (but everyone who's looked at the trade list knows who they are) but I'd love to be able to filter them out and see the people who are actually serious about trading. This would cut down the 20+ pages of trades probably down to just a few, and would make it easy to browse all of the 'real' trades without seeing the dozen or so idiots filling the trader with stupid overbid requests.

2. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

We know who they are. It was kinda peaceful at soe when the sharks left. I think anyone caught conning a new player with a massive underbid should get a year ban, the trade revoked and all their runes locked.

singinsammy likes this.
  3. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

well the problem with this is.....noone can really say what an underbid is......sure most of us work and operate with the same prices.....but prices are subject to opinion.....meaning things can be worth anything that we choose. and the only ppl that can ban are DOG......and they dont really have a "value" system.

that being said......i dont think a ignore trader option is a terrible idea.....altho i really doubt they will implement this as its not necesary or vital.......it would be neat tho.

4. Scarebear

This is what I want to happen to sharks. How I want it and how it is are very different things.

There is nothing subjective about runes that PB has in stock. They have a fixed value as set by deconder and as the only automated trading outlet we have this is the median. Sure it becomes subjective when it comes to runes PB has out of stock but rarity is rarity. LE > LEG > Exo of the top tier. Anyone that has been around awhile knows a blatant underbid.

Guess its disheartening because there is guys blanket spamming the trades with underbids on anything they think is an easy mark. The majority of this community is great but these leeches are probably ripping off newbies and chasing them away.

Saying 'oh well rune values are subjective", is a cop out. I will call out these parasites whenever I can. Fight the good fight!

5. Monyx

you dont seem to understand what im saying......all runes are equal to DOG.....the owner of pox nora. unless of course they come forth and say they acknowledge poxbox as the official price guide to pox nora.....but otherwise theres nothing the owners of pox can do to ban sharks.....trading is a open market......this is the real world.....u can trade anything for as much as you can get for it.......im not saying its right......im saying its how it is........but if DOG wrote into their EULA that they have the right to ban anyone they consider to be ripping off new players......then of course that would prolly stop sharks.....however that seems like quite a commitment lol i dont think they are gonna do that. anyways i wish everyon on pox traded fairly but yea rune prices are very subjective.......for instance if u even think poxbox is right abotu everything then u are far far far mistaken........look condor fury vs royal condor fury on the poxbox.......anybody that knows anything about runes knows that royal condor fury should be worth at least twice or 3x as much. yet poxbox as royal condor for less. i wouldnt trade a royal condor for 5 condor furys. anyways i was never saying i think sharks are good...was just tryin to tell you that....theres nothing the owners can do about it that i know of.

6. Scarebear

Dude im not saying DoG should/could/can ban them lol. I was saying thats what I think should happen to them. Read carefully. There is no argument here...really.

7. RockPaperGiJoe

RockPaperGiJoe New Member

That is partially true. PoxBox is still just as bad, if not worse, then a rip off artist. Don't get me wrong - it has an easy to use system that is sorely needed in this community but it's the only source and that's bad when one non-official site has a monopoly on the game's rune value. Also PoxBox can set a price on a limited edition rune - any limited angel for example - and then sets it absurdly low. You trade it in because you saw they are a trusted community resource and you believe them setting a fair market value. The rune then "disappears" from inventory and suddenly shows up in their cash shop for a ludicrous amount of money. I don't think a limited angel, which is a collector's item now, is worth a few exotics. Pox Box doesn't either because they are selling them for 50 bucks a pop, yet the website will only let you take out a few bad exotics for certain limited angels.

This would be different if the single rune store would open again like when Octopi opened single rune purchases back in the day. Hardcore traders tried to buyout hard to get exotics like Grimlic and resell them on their own websites for twice the price, but one day there was no out of stock limit put on these runes and it crashed the cash market and deflated the value of Grimlic and many other hard to get exotics at the time. The single rune store was the single best thing to happen to accessibility in this game, despite the uproar it caused with trade values since it gave a dollar value to a rune, the ability to get it without trying to pull it from the 50 boxes you just bought, and shut down sites from charging you 50 dollars for a rune like Pox Box.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Basically, never trade with the following people:

• bla bla overbid bla bla
    • 'X runes up on trader'
    • I don't play but trade 24/7

Tarathil likes this.
  9. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Actually..... I keep 6 on 'hold back' of pretty much any rune just so I have them and indeed can sell them for cash to earn something out of it. Can't blame me for that. BUT as you can see in the cash stock I just keep 6 of each rune max, meaning all the runes I have more than that add up in the normal store.... (And if overstocked etc the prices of cash store automatically lower!)

10. Afterlife

Afterlife New Member

What are you trying to justify? You hold back 6 or 600 or how many ever you want to, and then sell them for money to the suckers who pay you: money that you pocket, how are you any different from a china-botter site that sells gold/currency in any other MMO/RPG game? Only difference is they bot to create their trade goods and you are handed in runes right at where you sit. The only reason why black market sites such as PoxBox came into massive acceptance was because SOE not only allowed it but condoned it by making newer and rarer runes in an expac generally more powerful than the last, and by preventing any easy way to obtain it for both paying and F2P players in their "F2P" game.

Tradeshark scum are only encouraged by sites such as PoxBox, since even though now exotics are actually Given a base price in nora shards by DOG, scrubs are still quoting prices anywhere from 2x to xxx times the exotic's rune shard value and if lucky, get away with it with a successful trade. Or are trying to scam whoever they can into taking in exotics for LE/LEG based on the justification that it might be "valued" more than the rest on whatever site they want to use to back up their BS. Who is some 3rd party gold seller to fix "values" to cards that is against the worth the developers themselves have given it? You arent responsible to anyone decondor and you can jack prices up regardless of if there is an actual shortage of runes or an excess, to further the sales of the "currency" on your site and earn profits from someone else's product. I have seen the "Rarer and rarer cards are soon going into my cash shop" or something similar gibberish banners on the front page of your site, so you might want to hold back on the BS that you are helping the game and the community and not padding your own pocket.

If you are innocently claiming that you sell only 6 of each runes (at a given time), how is it any less horrible than Random Joe selling his account with 2x of only some LE/LEG cards? And the most arrogant part is that you want to state for our clarification that 'you cant be blamed for it'.

11. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Without player stores, this game would have already died. The only reason the market didn't completely crumble under tradesharks is because there was an alternative when SOE's marketstrategy failed.

You have no clue what you're talking about if you're saying Poxbox encouraged tradesharking

rickyjpen likes this.
  13. ykmmmm

ykmmmm Member

despise i love that gif XD afterlife no offence for what im abaut to say is not with maliciousnes i wll say this to you: you foool!!!you have no idea i m a old player from the beggining of pox , the shark you see now is nothing they used to farm noobs giving them common unkomon for exo like 1-1 etc case new player could not buy last esxpansion with shiny new rune,

and people done that cause had no other way to obtain what they need and forced to face shark for everithing messing with they head and even thanking them for being ripoff then finaly some of the first store apear if im not wrong was poxportal bring intermediary between sharks and players and give some common knoledge to te value of runes to players , then of course other store pop up like poxbrothers and our at least my beloved poxbox, that help the traders or and players make the rune flow to one another so you have more chanses find what you need instead freezing the market cause shark trade only for your entire souls and liver and you and me stop trading and keep what you have even if you dont like it cause what else you do gift the shark with them ? or the one that actualy fell in the sharks jaws

yes he can make the value of a rune etc but player can say no if they think that value more look at the bloodguard no one trade it keep her in their hand so tide that from her value now poxbox put her at a value of korona

and excuse me he is keeping a service 24/7 on a server he mast pay and most of us don't need to give him a dime to use his store as some others place can hapen so im ok he is doing his interest too if not why he should spend his time keep all working well and smood ?

as i say no offence i just lived in that shark era and god i even became one of them was so tasty get my revenge on those damn fish but at least i had a morale and didn't feed on poor souls like they done and stores helped us out there lets just say is the lesser evil ,are you willing to go to that dark era look how shark already swim and bite those who don't know the stores and values think if they don't exist anymore what would happen XD ?

14. Monyx

I has no Way shark home will be there is Im done you cant see. ok?

15. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

Thank you for having the store decondor. And I cannot blame you... You deserve the money for having the site operating... As BurnPyro said without your site this game would have already died. The people that are giving you crap about it are uneducated imbeciles with hardly any common sense.