Transparency

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pipster, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

As unhappy people are with the most recent patch that we've waited over a week for, I think we as a community would be a lot happier in general if DoG were a lot more transparent with their intentions with the way (slow, 3-5 changes per patch) they are conducting their patches currently.

This transparency won't need any coding, or hard work on DoG's part, just a rep like Gedden or Senshu stating their intentions and what they plan on doing in the near future and next patches.

For example, this patch would've gotten a lot less backlash is they said something like "Now we're aware a lot of you are going to find this patch underwhelming, but our intentions are ... ... ..." and if their plan is to slowly nerf things to find that sweet spot as opposed to nerfing them out of existence, then say that! If they think trees are fine in their current state with the "nerfs" that they've done, then say that (and suffer the backlash). If heroes in general (and especially SP) were untouched because they didn't have time to address them but are aware they have issues, then say that!

Right now we've put our faith in you, and been left in the dark for a week, only hearing tidbits of ideas and possibilities from council members, for something entirely different and uninspired patch to come out at the end of that week.

Keep us updated on your intentions and keep in touch with your community like you were doing pre-revamp. We need transparency.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Pheezy and Goyo like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I want to hear it from Gedden what's up (no offense senshu). He's the lead dev, he's the one who calls the shots.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Pipster

Sorry DMr, I'm not familiar with the cactuar crate. What is that?

4. Pipster

That sounds exactly likely the kind of thing I and I'm sure a lot of the community would appreciate coming back. Sokolov is always good at reacting to general opinion and giving feedback, which I think is essential for a dev team these days.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

6. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I definitely feel that communication has almost completely gone dark since the revamp.