Traps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BrokenNeck, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BrokenNeck

BrokenNeck The King of Potatoes

What is the Difference between Deploy X Trap and Lay X trap? besides Deploy has a +2 cool down than Lay

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

deploy trap x: is an actual deploy, meaning there's a relic on the field. It occupies a space on the map and has a higher cooldown, generally a high impact trap. Goes off when people move 2 spaces from it

lay trap x: covers a space on the field, but it doesn't occupy it in the way that it blocks of the space. lesser impact traps, either straight damage (fire or rock) or damage+utility (frost and frozen & poison/poisoncloud & acid / scoured). Goes off when you stand on top of it.

Hope that helps.

edit: deploy traps can be destroyed if you destealth them, you have to run over lay traps to stop them

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Goyo and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Deployed relics are 'real'. They prevent movement on the spot it is on, and usually triggers in proximity.
    Lay'ed relics trigger when walked on, and allow movement.

EDIT: BP beat me to it.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

ninja'd with a wall of text

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

BP pretty much covered it. To be a little more specific, Deploy: X generates a unit that occupies real space, like any other relic; Lay: X creates a terrain layer element, similar to firewall from Fiery Ambush or Trail: Firewall. As a result, Deployed and Layed traps have slightly different targeting rules for spaces, and interact differently with other effects.

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Demolish does not remove 'lay trap', but it removes 'deploy trap'. 'lay trap' can only be removed by running over it and something that removes terrain thingies (new KF spell might work).

7. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty