Tree BG's Power

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by dsjtheman, Mar 24, 2014.

1. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I have been running a full tree bg lately and doing very well with it. In "full" trees i mean i run a few plants but I do not run vinetouch pedestal shenanigans. Ive won a good few ranked matches with it the last couple of days and I am surprised how well they do.

In middle font matches they really shine, making it quite an easy match on most cases. I am actually surprised we dont see more people playing them. Here is my current build if anyone is interested. Id love to see some of the better players in our community see how far they could get with trees. Consider it a challenge!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c7MC7Ic9zc3HCaTc6FCaWCaYc1CgWCk9S6NS2tS6Br2YR1drqrUe2ue1t

until we get some detection in trees, grimlics eye has to stay. :)

Gorebucket likes this.
  2. RedDain

RedDain I need me some PIE!

Nice deck. The only things I would tweak (if it were me with my style) is to add a burning oak seed for fire damge, maybe change out the rejuv. ring for withering fern, and maybe replace oaken defender with another Deadwood Strider.

The really difficult part about trees is pacing: they're not rush, but you can't just turtle either - gotta know when speed is of the essence and when to slow up and consolidate.

dsjtheman likes this.
  3. dsjtheman

Yea I might add that second deadwood. I never seem to deploy my oaken defender anyways. Thanks for the tips!

4. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Don't remove the Rejuv ring though, it's so darn good on the Tanglefoot, but pretty sure you already figured that one out! ;)

Sincerely,

Josh753

5. dsjtheman

Tanglefoot was the main reason I ran juvie ring. Depending on draws I either deploy my tanglefoots with my spikewoods or I run surge plant champs.

Tanglefoot and spikewoods work so well together. Natures connections heals tanglefoot extremely well on its own ... But juvie ring is even extra.

6. RedDain

I guess my issue is that I've basically given up on healing, except if it is an knock-on effect from something else that I need.

dsjtheman likes this.
  7. TheCitadel

TheCitadel New Member

I'm currently in the proccess of building my Tree Deck as well, so hopefully I'll have some good draws in the next box I buy.
    But while this thread is here I thought I'd ask some questions:
    - What are your thoughts on using Murder instead of Rev. Ring as equip for Tanglefoot?
    - Why take along the Patriarch? He's dirt cheap but the Willowwind and Treecaller seem to be better overall.
    - Is a Woodmarshal worth the space in a Tree Deck?

8. RedDain

Murder is ok except for the uselessness of charges on Tanglefoot. Strike/Precision is nice, tho.

Best equips on Tanglefoot are not in KF, unfortunately.

9. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Lashdown is OP

10. dsjtheman

@ nidhogg, have you played a tree bg before? Id love to hear how you did with them if so.