True 'Snow' BG

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Eadbusta, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Eadbusta

Eadbusta I need me some PIE!

So I made a snow bg. Not frost amp, not elementals; snow. I made this deck because it is everything that Savage Tundra means to me: An unforgiving land of harsh cold and near impassable terrain!
    At first it was just a fun fluff bg, but it turned out to be really strong! I got a 7-0 win streak yesterday, which has never happened before for me! And it has taken me to exotic league, and I'm still climbing.

So, here it is; a true Savage Tundra BG!
    [​IMG]

Still needs improvement, as with everything. Stuff I'm kinda iffy about are Tardigrade, Snowman, Whitestar and Ice Statue. I have been toying around with the relic slot a bit. I've tried Glacier Engine and Endless Iceberg as well, though Ice Statue has been the best so far.

It has some problems dealing with Flying and other ST bgs, because they don't care about snow. Flying is dealt with by grounding from Blizzard Elemental, Snowed In and Ice Storm though. Other ST bgs are hard, it just kind of has to power through them.

If your wondering about any of the other runes, they do serve purposes in this bg (I think)!

Feel free to ask or give critique, as I really like this bg and want it at it's best (while still maintaining a true snowy theme)!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Woffleet likes this.
  2. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Titan not having Ice Font just ruins the entire champ for me. Its so sad. I also like snare fairy over frostseer

3. Eadbusta

I use Frostseer because it has Shattered Summon, which has proved kind of useful. Have been thinking about trying Snare Fairy out, might try switching out Frostseer for a couple of games.

4. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

honestly i run a similar deck to this, but all Jakie, i run frostfall orb, as it can produce quite a bit of snow by it self, as well the relic that gives all jakie snowstrike, which is better then the snare fairy imo.

5. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

If you're not married to the titan, try the Hammerfall Lonx instead for a few games. The guy is almost always my mvp. The Twisted Frostvine is also fun, if you can produce snow or ice without much effort. (Orb of Frostfall). I've actually also found the Fast Friends spell to be pretty solid. I haven't tried the relic that gives jakei snowstrike, that sounds interesting.

6. Eadbusta

Care to show it here for me?
    Elemental Nexus seems nice, but I get Snow Strike from Snowdrift Charm, as well as Domain: Snow. It also gives a Bane Shift ton of damage after a couple of turns for very cheap. But I might try switching out Ice Statue for Nexus some time.
    Since I have Orb of Frostfall on my 2 Doomballs already (and trying it on Rimeweaver currently), I don't really need Orb imo. But As with Nexus, I might try switching out Ice Statue for it.

7. Eadbusta

I think I'm going to pass on Hammerfall, I love how tanky titan is, and don't feel the Lonx is gonna do any better. I don't really need more damage either. A bit curious about Frostvine though. Switched out Whitestar for it, since I just put it there 'cause it's a good rune.
    Let's see how it fares!

8. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Maybe an elemental core instead of the titan if you tank a beefy frontliner. Or an Icelord?

I was running a similar deck, and I realized that I simply was too expensive so I downsized, tried to keep everything under 75. (Still ended up with a hammerfall and a frostlord). But things run a ton smoother now.

[​IMG]

I tell ya what though, in vote for best tank ST, I'd vote for those tardigrades. Poop snow, impossible to kill. Easy to buff up with equipment or spells if you want. Cheap as sin. Good times.

Eadbusta likes this.
  9. Eadbusta

Hmm, I really like titan. Not so keen on trying Elemental Core, don't really like the champ in general. As for Icelord, never played him. He looks like a potential candidate for the role of tanky melee brawler (like titan). Might look further into it.

Oh yes, tards are amazing roadblocks. Love the little buggers! I do have one in the bg, think that's enough.

10. Eadbusta

This is the build I'm gonna try out today. Dropped Snowman for Snowcharger, since I only used him for Snow-Fall. They are the same nora cost (+1 nora on Snowcharger but whatever) and Snowcharger brings more to the table.
    Trying Frostvine with Tunnel: Snow, gonna be interesting to see how it fares.
    Also switched statue for Orb, see if it is necessary.
    [​IMG]

11. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

12. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Which Snowcharger? Cavalry is pretty beefy and dishes damage.

Let me know what you think of the frostvine. I was on the edge when I first subbed him in, but I've quickly become a fan.

Don't forget the orb has shadowspawn :)

The Extinguisher is an extremely solid, able to be built cheap 1-2 range unit. Have you considered dropping one charm (they have fast cooldowns), and adding something like Star Catalog or Everfrost Manacles? Everfrost in particular, I continually find use for both offensively and defensively.

13. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

I just took a screenshot, cropped it, posted it on snag.gy then click the image button while posting and paste the link.

14. Eadbusta

Jakei Snowcharger. Switched out Snowman for it. Love Snow-Fall 2 on large champs :)

I get so much value out of Charm, I don't think I want to drop one. Actually considered adding Wish so I could get another one on the table!:D

15. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

Check out Snowfall Dragon if you prefer ice over snow on the ground, that -1 speed lowers attacks vs just the approach slow from snow.

16. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

well if you think about it, lets say with charm, you have a Bane Shift ton of snow out right, got your 4 atks in with it, now, you have surge:tundra, or something like, so +1 damage for every two units on snow, some of my units have had a decent +6-10 damage from the charm, the manacle I prefer using it as mostly def, unless I dont have a orb of frostfall

17. Aquifn

Aquifn Member

what do you think of frostvine?

18. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

if you're using a lot of snow, i can see tunnel snow, and if you have a lot of frost damage, frost acolyte would be nice, it seems like a nice champ but it seems like it would be taking a lot of damage to get decent amount of use out of its snare ability, but if you're using for the dragging attack to better position attacks against enemy attacks, but to me only doing one attack each turn, or two if you didn't move the turn before, but if you know how to utilize it then it can be a great rune.

19. MouseSoul

MouseSoul New Member

but imo, I'm still a newish player with only 4-5 months worth of experience

20. Eadbusta

I have been using it, and I can't quite say if I like it or not. I need to test it out some more.