Trump: Dawn of the 3rd Party

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the muslim religion needs a reformation. A little islamophobia might just be the push they need.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Is this like hoping mass shootings by nutjobs will happen frequently in order to push for more gun control?

Wait..

Geressen likes this.
  3. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Or creating a mass homicide in a major city and masking it as terrorism to try to manipulate public understanding of international relations, resulting in less skyscrapers and a full scale war?

Wait....

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

#conspiracy?

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

PT is actually a jedi master.
    [​IMG]

PurpleTop likes this.
  6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

December 15, 2015

Following his proposal to temporarily bar Muslims from entering the country, Donald Trump has increased his lead in the Republican primary to its largest margin yet, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The results are the latest sign that Trump’s outspoken comments on immigration and terrorism continue to find an audience among rank-and-file Republicans in spite of sharp condemnation from Democrats, GOP leaders, some of Trump’s rivals and a chorus of world leaders.

The survey puts Trump’s support at 38 percent among registered Republicans and GOP-leaning independents, six points higher than in October and November. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, who also is running an anti-establishment campaign, has surged into second place with 15 percent, effectively doubling his support since last month.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...555e30-a29c-11e5-9c4e-be37f66848bb_story.html

7. DarkJello

December 15, 2015

So dominant is Hillary Clinton's polling in the presidential primaries, notes the press critic Howard Kurtz, that the media have essentially stopped paying attention to the Democratic race at all. The logic, for a media organization, is simple: Why lavish limited resources on a fait accompli? The Democrats, after all, have spoken. They are fully ready for (or perhaps fully resigned to) Hillary.

That's certainly not the case on the Republican side, where, we are told (ad nauseam), that the race is still "wide open." With "no clear frontrunner" on the GOP side, the contrast between the Republican and Democratic contests could not be clearer. It will be Hillary representing the Dems, and it could be just about anybody (well, maybe not anybody) who ends up leading the ticket for the GOP.

Yet are the races really all that different?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trumps-primary-lead-is-bigger-than-hillarys/article/2000234

8. DarkJello

Here is an opinion piece by Matthew Yglesias of Vox.com that does make a few correct observations. (It is wise to know what the enemy is proclaiming).

Republicans are trying to beat Trump with wishful thinking and it's not working

December 15, 2015

Speaking of the cycle of Middle Eastern wars inaugurated under George W. Bush, Trump asked a rather profound question:

"We have spent $3 trillion and probably much more," he continued, "Thousands and thousands of lives, we have nothing. Wounded warriors all over the place, who I love, we have nothing for it."

This is a far cry from GOP orthodoxy, and frankly not even something mainstream Democrats will acknowledge. Indeed, coming from a mainstream Democrat it might strike many as excessively unpatriotic. But Trump's visceral connection with the anxieties of older white working class Americans allows him to give expression to certain unpleasant thoughts without ever raising the specter that he might be less than fully nationalistic. He later elaborated on the theme in a passage that echoed elements of John Kerry's 2004 campaign, but delivered in a world that knows much more certainly that the Iraq War was a fiasco:

We have spent $4 trillion trying to topple various people that frankly if they were there and if we could have spent that $4 trillion in the United States to fix our roads, our bridges and all of the other problems, our airports and all the other problems we have we would have been a lot better off I can tell you that right now. We have done a tremendous disservice not only to the Middle East but to humanity, the people that have been killed, the people that have been wiped away and for what? It's not like we had victory. It's a mess. The Middle East is totally destabilized, a total and complete mess. I wish we had the $4 trillion or $5 trillion.

...The current polling frontrunner said the main foreign policy undertaking of the previous Republican administration was a multi-trillion dollar waste, and none of the Republicans on stage wanted to argue that he was wrong.

Trump as the GOP nominee would be a disaster for Republican Party elites on an almost unimaginable scale. The party line continues to be that it won't and can't happen.

But for Trump to lose, someone has to actually beat him. And for someone to beat him, someone has to attack him — and persuasively. As of right now, only Jeb Bush is really trying and there's nothing persuasive about his efforts.

http://www.vox.com/2015/12/15/10270608/trump-won-debate

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

wow, just wow

10. DarkJello

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Got a chuckle out of me, considering the views of the GOP on Christianity and Islam

[​IMG]

PurpleTop and Geressen like this.
  12. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

One critical thing that came out of the debate last night was Trump closed the idea of him running as a 3rd party. He pledged to support the winner of course he is leading now.

DarkJello likes this.
  13. DarkJello

People profile each other all the time, all over the planet, every single day.

I, for example, profile everyone I come into contact with. This began as an adolescent.

BP, don't you profile everyone in public as a trainee of the law yonder in Belgium?

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I am not suprised at all.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Uhm, do you mean profile as in judge where they are from/riches/job/character/willingness to join my pyramid scheme kind of thing?

If so, probably as an automatism yeah.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I choose to believe DJ is intelligent enough to know the profiling in question was racial profiling. and not only because intelligent people fall for cults more often and I also wish to imply he is in a cult and yet get him to feel like i'm on his side because I called him intelligent,

no he means the same profiling as what is being referred to in this picture;

[​IMG]

17. DarkJello

All of those things, plus if they appear to be a danger to me. I was hypervigilant BEFORE 9-11-01, and that tendency has been reinforced 1000s of times since.

DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON BUDGET DEAL

December 17, 2015 -

(New York, NY) December 17, 2015 – "If anyone needed more evidence of why the American people are suffering at the hands of their own government, look no further than the budget deal announced by Speaker Ryan. In order to avoid a government shutdown, a cowardly threat from an incompetent President, the elected Republicans in Congress threw in the towel and showed absolutely no budget discipline.

The American people will have to absorb higher deficits, greater debt, less economic liberty and more corporate welfare. Congress cannot seem to help itself in bending to every whim of special interests. How can they face their constituents when they continue to burden our children and grandchildren with debts they will never be able to repay? Our government is failing us, so we must do something about it. Who knows how bad things will be when the next administration comes in and has to pick up the pieces?

The only special interest not being served by our government is the American people. It is time we imposed budget discipline by holding the line on spending, getting rid of waste, fraud and abuse, and by taking on our debt. To do these things, we need a President who can lead the fight to hold Congress and the rest of government accountable. Together, we can Make America Great Again." – Donald J. Trump

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-on-budget-deal

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

CALLED IT!

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's kind of comical how his speeches are well written, while trump talks mostly using really basic English. Other politicians seem to fancy a more fancy talk, while Trump (maybe in an effort to relate to the public more, contrasting politicians?) favors very basic adjectives etc.

20. DarkJello