Trump's pick for Education Secretary is the new Sarah Palin

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Jan 19, 2017.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

NevrGonaGivUup and Geressen like this.
  2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Actually...

He may have truly wished for your aid in turning him into butter, as stomach churning as that prospect may be.

More importantly, "I have the power to effect healthcare!" can be correct (and indeed "affect" incorrect) pending the implication. "I have the power to effect healthcare" meaning that person is saying they can bring about healthcare. "I have the power to affect healthcare" meaning that person is saying they can change or alter already existing healthcare.

In this case, since the topic is whether or not @profhulk can, through some action or inaction, provide healthcare to others, the "effect" version of that phrase is arguably more appropriate in this instance, and at the very least it is not incorrect.

Geressen likes this.
  3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

6. Sokolov

Trump: We are giving the power back to the people.

People's Petition: Release your tax returns.

Trump: No.

Tweek516, BurnPyro and Geressen like this.
  7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Half his gig is holding up he's insanely rich. I don't think that at this point there's much chance that he has been truthful about just how rich he is (although it's probably more than rich enough, just not rich enough for Trump), because if it were to be measurable the myth of "I make the best deals, the best this, etc" would be debunked or at least lose some appeal.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I mean, what Trump said in his inauguration speech was mostly pretty damn awesome.

It's just a shame I don't trust him to follow up on it. Who knows, maybe he'll prove me wrong. But some of his staff picks have not exactly inspired confidence.

Geressen likes this.
  10. Sokolov

I thought it was a bunch of populist hooey.

He did do the whole TPP thing though - which I think is a mistake, but it's easy to hate on the TPP.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Trump has always been good at talking the talk. Just say everything and see what sticks.

I'll enjoy watching his billionaire administration convince the average joe that they're looking out for them and that they're draining the swamp, because they're such honorable fellas.

Etherielin likes this.
  12. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

House of cards?!

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh btw, Rep. Mike Pompeo as the new CIA director?

Guy defended torture to the point that he defended the people who did it, calling them patriots. Recently said he is open to "torturing again". Remember who tortured in the first place? Oh right, the CIA. Warcrimes, not a problem.

Same guy who said he wants to execute Edward Snowden for revealing the whole NSA illegality, because when your 4th amendement rights are breached, you shouldn't know.

This administration is starting to look really good.