Trying out new vamps.

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by MakarovJAC, Oct 26, 2015.

1. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/CwdCd4C4mCpqcpLcoOclVC5_Cg=cuAsysgs4@S2HS7ds7Gs5pR3or2irZeq

Latest Vampyre zealotry bg. I've got to be honest, even with cheap meat, lately it´s kinda hard to get a runable one. Thankfully, now I've got more range than before. YAY!

My solution? Combos. Now I used Vampirism + Skull of Decay (+ Elder Bloodbinder) to give the vamps a boost mid-game without risking that the opponent that much life at all.

The other ones are history Masochism + Bloodcrest (+Demon vamp), Masochism + Maddening Echoes. And Bodyguard ad nauseum.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

I'm sad that to play Vamps properly its needed to split :( btw nice BG, would like to see you playing to know how they work out with this setup

3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I like the simplicity of your bg, makes me think i've over-complicated mine.

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Once upon a time it was a thing to cast vampirism, attack for the heals then cast decay. Next turn you would cast soulreave. That was before the decay nerf I think but in theory this should still work ( though if it's worth it is another thing).

5. MakarovJAC

Actually, Decay sounds terrific. I wanted something like that, I just couldn't figure out which spell or relic could do that.

6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

upload_2015-10-27_23-48-34.png
    this is my vamp/bleed deck. I really wish bok where demon vamps with thier bat wings and bleed synergy for blood crest options. Bloodbinder Count is one of my favorite champs, i would drop vampyre for a second Count if i had one. Tomb Raider is one of my favorite champs as well. (Dude is just good)

If I had a second Count i would be using despoil for sure! Counts signature ability is really strong, i would probably even slip in a soul reaver for anti cleans/ spot cleans.

The bok not being race demon vamp holds this bg back a little bit. Maybe I should give up on the idea and just go with the dmz themed vamps/bleed bg. The idea is the range champs do not need life siphon, just bleed to keep the beaters alive.

7. MakarovJAC

That's some good reasoning behind ranged bleed. You can try DMZ, can you tell us the results? Personally, I think DMZ is not strong enough as a theme.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  8. OriginalG1

Sure, i will let you know as soon as i get a second bloodbinder count. It might be next expansion, but i will give count a forge prioritization

9. Djangoguy

I never liked Count as his signature ability don't sinergies with Vamps at all, what is so especial about him?

10. MakarovJAC

Cheap, melee-and-ranged, alt dmg, inmune-to-spells, bleed vamp. He has so many uses that the only thing he's missing is the demon racial.

Djangoguy likes this.
  11. Djangoguy

Thanks for the reply, when do you pick Bleed over Siphon? (I'm trying to play FF FW)

12. OriginalG1

His signature ability can allow you to stall and let you set up a power turn, even just by himself. Over an increased DMZ, like from despoil he can make this ability an AoE 5. Soul reaver would stop cleansing. DMZ would help prevent spell AoE from unparalyzing units. I dunno, I can usually tank better with bloodbinder count then demonvien. Units with DMZ around them are awesome. Count fits my play style well.

I usually pick bleed over siphon on all range champs, it makes them generally cheaper, and making blood balls in a combat zone form a distance and help create board control, plus keep the beaters alive. Life siphon on the beaters for the most part.

soul collector and count run the show to me, everyone else has a range or some kind of support role to me. A lot of the champs are just flavor as well.

Djangoguy likes this.
  13. potatonuts

They cost the same now.

TeaScholar and OriginalG1 like this.
  14. OriginalG1

upload_2015-10-29_0-45-42.png
    newest version. i want to drop mistress for another bloodguard, need to get one. Thinking about trying ff fw vamp. death bird would work well

15. MakarovJAC

Regarding the simplicity, the whole idea is to keeps vamps alive. Beat the nora out of your opponent champs, while preventing yours from dying. That's possible, with a certain degree of success. That's how I have kept up with that BG.

@OriginalG1 How does that BG works? Maybe I can steal some ideas from it.

16. Djangoguy

Isn't Anathema better then Decay to Counter Vampirism? And I see that you guys are not running Breath of Ash, no worth?

17. OriginalG1

Spellkiser is my anti healing/ font threat/debilitater. Molten cloak is my spot anti heal. (+spot immune fire/ice)Essence Drain or raining blood can make for great power turns. Setback can make a great power turn, use like a punchline at the end of a bad joke. Tomb Radier is for sneak/range/ relic counter (shatter option is avaible, but life siphon is good) Nefari Informant is a sneak/debilitater/detection. (Hinder movement, Trickster) Declare vengeance is good. Let Nefari Informant be a demon, elf, vampire. Want to drop mistress for another bloodgaurd. So much debuffing befoul makes sense. I like to have a way to nab the globes if the fight is going to shi... Soul collector and despoil. Despoil can work with Count but having ways to shield unit with DMZ is good. Demonoilgist is a summon counter. Bloodgoyle can close the distance fast.

18. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Playing FW/UD vampyres in the top 50. Seeker of Blood is very good, imo.

19. potatonuts

He does look good to me but i wonder if Bloodgoyle fills the same role