Trying to make a death-benefit bg

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Joker, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

So, i've been trying to build a deck of death benefit but i've been having some trouble. I have never tried a deck like this one, so i don't know if it's runnable.

BG: http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/C6c93C9fCdYc8lcf2CjLCkycwpctTc9dcuPs6Zspsgs2=S5fsns4fs5ar1IrZe2ye2J

Basically, i want to have things exploding at the face of my opponent all the time and benefiting from it, getting back my nora and buffing serkan with vengeful. Below i explain each champion and its purpose:

• 2x bile zombie: Meat for explosions, They combo well with goresplosion.
    • Death Harvester: Because of death harvest and detection.
    • 2x DeathCaster: Seems much more viable now after the revamp, can counter super-strong champions, has death nova and soulsift.
    • 2x Dusk creeper: Extremely important, has soul collection and dead eater, along with improve range.
    • Gravewatcher: In case something that shouldn't die, dies.
    • Lich Magistrate: Good for spamming revenants from hell and boosting serkan's damage with vengeful.
    • 2x Mindflayer Queen: I heard he was bugged before the revamp, but i don't know if this is still the case. If not, i'm running 2x him because he can explode at the opponent's face and resurrect to explode again.
    • 2x polluted martyr: Strong meat, soulsift, double the nora, what else do you want?
    • Havenwraith: Has souldrinker AND vengeful making her a good include.
    • Revenant: Leaves double the nora, has fair damage, gets 1-3 range if boosted with dusk creeper.
    • Serkan: This guy has been terribly nerfed, but things are that i have tested it and he is not that awful. He is fairly weaker now, but i wouldn't know what to run in his place.
    • Librarian: Shatter.
    In case something is wrong with my bg, please comment below.

About the spells, most of them are auto, but i included 2x goresplosion to combo with bile zombie or mindflayer queen. Also i thought about running 2x mobilization but i don't know what to remove...

If you have any opinions, please comment. Thanks!

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Xulos has more benefit in Death Benefit than Serkan.

3. Joker

could you explain why?

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Grace of the dead for healing when he dies and dark favor for global damage when he is summoned.

5. Joker

hmm i see... I might include him and use exhume from gravewatcher on him

thanks for the hint :)

6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Db comes with strict nonchamp set: wtd, haunt, DR, altar, vendetta

Then if you want raven, you need to include hex doll, repurpose, and a donor (like devourer)
    The only reason to run revenant is if you have necroweave, so you can make an altar armageddon near deployment zones

lost queen is now pretty auto in any ff bg imo
    and now the hardest part - you still have to manage to include allaround grunts for early game.

7. Tal3234

Tal3234 Devotee of the Blood Owl

wow... a Yihad BG... :D ( Bile zombie + goresplosion= 38dmg + DoT ..?? fantastic combo )

8. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

undeads got regal presence and improve range? damm.

9. Joker

Thanks a lot logan!!! a lot of spells i didn't even remember that existed, like necroweave and wake the dead...

what do you mean by "donor (like devourer)"?

can't polluted martyrs do that job?

10. LoganMkv

Something cheap to deploy and repurpose onto her on demand. Devourer, death guard, skellybers usually.
    Grunt job is to cap/contest fonts and stall till you deploy main forces. PM isn't really suited for this job, he is more a nora loan to reinforce already present fragile champs with meat, and deploy something really expensive later.

11. Joker

12. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

As far as I can remember Mindflayer Queen only has nova from 2nd form

There was another posting on this kind of build Boom Build might be of some help - oh it was b4 revamp

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  13. Joker

That is somewhat part of what i intended to do, thanks!

about the mindflayer queen, I was not sure if the death nova issue was a bug or something intended.

14. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Exhume cant be used on Heroes. It works like Reanimate.

15. LoganMkv

You included necroweave without revenant. The idea is to have altar near deployment zone, then cast weave, and deploy/sac revs, getting globes with creeper.
    I've just noticed that devourer got cost increase for some reason, so he is now not an option. guard/bers are still cheap options, and statwise behemoth or fleshblight are ok.
    Vendetta without serkan is questionable.
    You also need bazaar and at least 1 mobi.
    And since raven lost shatter, you need a shatter champ.

That's why the bg is hard - you don't have enough slots for everything, so you have to choose whether you want superraven or superserkan or superexplosions or superrevenants.

16. Joker

lol forgot about that :rolleyes:

thanks

17. Joker

ugggh this is fustrating, but i won't give up just yet :p

i'm going to redo it all over again and post it later.

thank you a lot!

18. Joker

19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

who wants inmortal on polluted martyr?

20. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

A more important question is, who would ever concider taking Disease Breath on it over Soulsift???? (How can they be valued at the same cost?