Tundra Reformation

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 22, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I don't really understand the suggested change because it doesn't really decrease the upfront strength you're still going to be facing a champ that will have a 6hp buffer before it reaches combat. In short it's stronger and would probably receive a nerf at 6hp buffers and at that point it would probably have been best not to change it at all in that regard.

Since SL is the closest possible thing to ST as far as bonus's the current ST bonus unlike SL also provides help against DoTs, Spells and AoEs in the form of raw hp.

The reason I'm opposed to the change because it's another one of those things you have to remember and you have to check for as opposed to just looking at hp. Also the stacking that would be nerfed thing I mentioned.

2. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

power wise it seems comparable or even better ( upfront vs potential long term benefits ) but it is more complex and I'm not really sure if it would be changing much of anything, namely ST having more effective HP. Not really seeing the reason for the change.

3. undred

undred Devotee of the Blood Owl

are there even split font bonuses ? why not give an ability like SP font , something like tough would be cool :p

4. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Even though the "uniqueness" and "different" qualities of the various Faction/Font bonuses are precisely why we're encountering balance issues impactful enough that entire factions expect pre-nerfed runes?

Impeding + 4 Damage isn't too far off from the existing 2 Damage given that ST is going from nothing to Impeding. My point is: I actually don't like having Faction or Font bonuses at all given that it deprives runes of certain individual opportunities for supporting their faction's identity. I'd almost rather have players select either a terrain or static bonus their font would generate based on their faction(s). It's similar to an idea for overhauling Avatars bouncing around both in and out of the Player Council.

Bottom Line: the more complex and specific these bonuses get, the harder it is to avoid overriding portions of each faction and forcing certain playstyles (see FW).

5. KingJad

Thought I'd mentioned the UD bonus is 4 damage (2 on entry 2 at end of turn).

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I dont like anything close to the proposed font bonus just because it is so much stronger for P1 than P2

7. KingJad

Which
    -1 ap on entry and every space moved within it
    -2 ap on entry
    impeding snow

IF impeding snow I agree it does make it hard for player 2 and on some maps would lock them out of mid unless they have an early relic to drop.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It depends on how they go about it. If it costs extra AP to enter the space it will lock people out. If you lose extra AP after entering the space I suppose it can work but it still is a disadvantage to P2 as opposed to P1. Especially with the possibility of Annex.

9. KingJad

the on entry are after the unit has entered. impeding snow is well impeding snow.

10. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I'm opposed to nerfing ST even further. I mean, why not a buffer of max 10HP?

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Because buffers are very strong. They are basically tough X. It can also regenerate.

12. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

10 hp is fine as is.

not against changing it or nerfing st again or any of that stuff.

but doing what you request would be a lot of work for the devs, will more often then not be drastically weaker then 10 hp and at best be nearly identical to 8 hp, and will not be very visible having users need to constantly check created stat trackers to see how much buffer that unit has, which slows down the game and makes damage math frustrating.

it also seems near identical to the sl racial of every unit having regen....except they also have their damage reducing faction bonus as well.

badgerale and Pedeguerra like this.
  13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This is an idea for a new racial synergy ability for Ferren. It wouldn't be on all of them but would be scattered onto the master types, replacing NKD where appropriate.

Ferran focus: AP 4, CD 7, Nora 5

This champion becomes immobile and pacified for 4 turns. For the duration of this effect friendly ferren gain majestic blows (when this champion successfully attacks, the target of the attack becomes awestruck for 2 turns).

Could also diversify it be multiple ferren focuses -- ferren focus: chill (gives chill to all ferren), ferren focus: distract, etc - probably need to be stronger abilities than these but you get the idea.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  14. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

This would make sense ONLY with NKD, and even so it's unappealing. I would remove NKD from the game rather than seek for passive synergies with it.

15. badgerale

You disable a champ for a while in return for a very strong ability on all your other champs, I don't see that as unappealing at all.

Edit: though you might be right about working with NKD

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  16. calisk

personally i think it's a great ability, i don't really see it as a racial. I also don't think it needs to be a ferren ability.

think it could be a very good class synnergy ability like. all champions that share a class with this champion gain X so long as this champion doesn't move or attack.

17. badgerale

I did think it could be a monk ability, call it 'meditation' or something.

Since ferren are all monks (i think), If you splah some boost abilities on ferran as well you then have a reason to run both a mixed monk or an all ferren deck.

18. calisk

well ferrens could be the only monks with it and it would accomplish his original suggestion, I just like the ability as a class support ability which few exist currently.

19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Immobile for 4 turns it's too unnappealing for me. I like Calisk suggestion more since you can move after using the ability, or keep the effect on.

I keep disliking NKD and anything that boost it's gameplay, so I would focus the latest attention toward other abilities.

KingJad likes this.
  20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

NKD would be fine if it was reverted to old NKD - everyone liked it and it is in no way, shape or form too "complicated" or "convoluted" for new players. I mean, just take a look at the new abilities being released and tell me how those are any more complicated then giving a champ Block/Dodge 2.

nakaruru likes this.