Two changes that would go a long way for SL.

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by BurnPyro, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I think some folks are confusing Synergy with Versatility.

2. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Really I was just trying to make the point that while the "You can't use any spells after this" clause was put onto DB and Quickening because these spells in combo made for extremely powerful powerturns, this negative effect can be overcome by using Quicken or 2x quicken instead of quickening. I don't find it offensively powerful..... just making comment to the synergetic interaction.

If anything, actually, my comment should bring up the debate of whether or not Quickening or DB still need that clause.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Every time I see that clause about no more spells this turn, I think about how it felt like a knee jerk reaction to the Dark Rising, Mobilize, DB, Quickening combo.

When I see DB's nora cost, I just think that the cost is too high for the benefit. I feel the price was raised to give it a longer cooldown.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mm. Well I feel like it's not too rigged with just one extra attack, instead of the whole board smashing face. Quicken doesn't need the spell clause.

I definitely feel like Quicken and DB need it though. I mean, if the SL player gets that much nora he's probably stomping you anyway. But I really don't see DB + Quickening being balanced lategame. It would push the faction even more into stalling + powerturning. The stats and the AP gen + the extra attack seem off.

Honest question, why did Mobi never get a spell seal clause? I can't remember.

5. PurpleTop

I think it was along the lines of "FW doesn't have other powerturn spells like SL does".... which is a silly answer

Also it was nerfed from 5 AP to 4

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think Mobi didn't get the clause because there's no other global spell in faction that it interacts with on the level of DB/Quickening.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Also Mobi was the original "Let's nerf this spell by changing it from a common to a rare"

8. PurpleTop

uncommon iirc...... still tho

9. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

here comes new DEV!

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It went more like this @Dagda

[​IMG]

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

If Sandsnipe is to stay a Sandlion, he needs to get a pulling ability (perhaps Fascinate) a la Antlion pits.

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You mean like not another mobi?

hue hue

13. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Agree with everything above. Supporty champs in pox get these discounts for the longest time and fly under the radar cuz they don't melt faces from across the map. Dwarven sergeant , grief bearer, magnate, veil walker pre revamp as well as post to some degree were the biggest offenders imo.

- But once the face melters get finally toned down we can hopefully look at "all" champs with honest eyes. The grief bearer literally did everything ...no detection now and dep lost shatter (speed is still suspect) so that's a start but also I know if they are nerfed too much (even to a balanced level) people,will drop them from decks because the power isn't splashed all over the screen it's more subtle. LoL anyone...Sona/Janna wins games.

14. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

This looks fairly good I would trade Hidden sand for Desert camo. The hidden range unit can be a major pain to fight back against. Hidden sand is what made it very strong in almost any deck for the longest time.

15. PurpleTop

janna... meh
    Sona yes

You also forgot soraka

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Firking lulu being played in every damn position.

PurpleTop likes this.
  17. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd say Valdac's Soul looks like a pretty good change.
    Now, the question is if the cooldown reduction is for abilities or champ respawn cooldown. If the former, Mutate and Haste erryturn erryone!
    Imperator would like to double AoE erry turn with rage band :p

18. Emries

Tested it with a chosen mauler and well, it didn't really reduce the ability cooldowns at start of turn. So I'm guessing that means it the champion cooldown or something :p

19. Emries

So Valdac's Chosen thing doesn't seem to go on K-wing Alpha. Might be because of Arthropod as his first race before Dragon.

20. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Give it like 2-4 range and preparation. Bring DMG down accordingly.