UD and range

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by HannibalFee, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Just run Mindslicer Obelisk and 2x Breath of Ash. Problem solved.

Hekwit likes this.
  2. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Yeah we definitely have the counter range to succeed right now. I would like to see themes like goblins have range though. (good as goblin only)

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

lol by the time you use orb protect breath of ash and obelisk you end up spending same amount nora on equal to like 3 champions it such a waste of nora

4. Authyrtyr

I wasn't entirely serious. Although, I didn't say Orb and you don't need to play both Breath at once, you play them over the course of a game.

5. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

You should get by fine without range, if you run 2 priestess and mindslicer obelisk

6. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

Than make all UD champs demons please.

7. Authyrtyr

Why? They don't all need to be demons. That takes away the identity of the demon deck and just turns it into the faction identity.

gillo and theKraken like this.
  8. gillo

Non demons have more range than demons I think. Stitched, Harbs, Goblin Archers etc.

9. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

...Minotaurs? Spiders?
    Spiders have nothing that doesn't get the full +4 (>3 range), except Cinderpede in lava. Their range 3 unit is also a demon.
    Minotaurs only have Culler after 2 turns of not attacking.

10. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Spiders should get more pulling / trapping mechanics, and minos dont really need ranged

11. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

It was not meant seriously. I was a bit annoyed by the "run 2 DEP" answer. Because I feel it is partly true (just not for out of demon themes) and since I don't like my demons having to hide behind a priestess. Having a shroud champion would be nice.

12. Baalzamon

Baalzamon I need me some PIE!

Or if they just made Demonbarb 3-6 range it was the spider ranged option anyway.

13. gillo

Minos would be stupidly OP with range. The poke potential would be insane. The amount of mobility Minotaurs have more than makes up for the lack of range.

14. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Of all the themes in UD, the one MOST in need of range is the fragile, weak one with no real cohesion or racial synergy. There is literally NO reason to run a Goblin BG right now. Not a one. Now, if a few Goblins were reworked or released with 3-5/4-6 range, coupled with some solid Goblin synergy, you'd have something. Goblins can't use Demon Shields (which is huge), and they are super-fragile (again, huge deal). Range is pretty much the only thing that will make them playable at this point (barring a broad rework of numerous existing Goblins).

theKraken likes this.