UD balance patch

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Jul 24, 2014.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Underdepths
    • Bunny Lord
      This unit now has Vulnerability: Frost on base.
    • Bok Raider
      Is now less efficient (73/75/80), and has Combat Awareness on Base.
    • Deep Elf Fanatic
      No longer has vulnerability psychic (costs 80/86/93).
    • Redcap Twins
      Have been made slightly less efficient (default deploy has gone from 65 to 70)
    Relic
    • Head of Osarius
      This relic now cost 40 nora. Head of Osarius now has a visual effect.
    Thoughts?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Confused about the Raider change, otherwise I dig it.

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

head unplayable... raider?what?.... DEF lel i don't even care still won't be played.........Redcaps.... 65 nora, still x2 auto

4. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Yeah im confused about the fanatic nerf, Id rather see him get a theme rework at this point.

They really missed a few things, emberwasp is the first that comes to mind.

5. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

OHMYMAXXAREKOHMYMAXXAREK!!! DEEPELFFANATICISLESSVULNERABLENOWHEISMORESURVIVABLEANDSTRONGNOWIUCAN'TBELIEVEIFEELLIKEATEENGIRLMEETINGJUSTINBIEBERBEFOREHEBEHAVCESLIKEATOTALASSHOLE!!!

*Throws a lot of girly jumps and shrieks of excitement*

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't see DEP on there

7. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Combat awareness on the bok raider? Like, really? UD now have 4 champions with CA, which combined with maddening echoes is simply nuts.

I don't think this will last.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

Bunny Lord actually seems playable now (he got a nora cost reduction). I`m considering making a beast/elemental BG.

The Twins and the Head had it coming. I`m good with both.

Bok Rider is kinda strange. He is more costly to deploy, but I think that`s just because Initiative is OP (as an ability in general not only on him), and they had to throw something in to compensate. It also may be an "up and down" approach that aims to eventually nerf Maddening Echoes.

9. badgerale

Bok raider is an odd one, I recommended a cost increase but it seems gedden doesn't like just adding nora without justifying it with an ability. Combat awareness wouldn't be my first choice for a sandbag, since it's well, not - especially in UD.

Something like fire resist 3 would make more sense.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

it would fit with it riding a nefari dragon too.

11. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

funny thing is, bok raider was actally buffed, becase combat awareness is 8 nora and his cost only went up 5

12. caine1138

caine1138 Well-Known Member

I think combat awareness goes well with nuke bgs, cause you can be in the nuke and not take damage. This makes positioning alot easier. Pretty sure pawn works, in that ca negates the damage. I'm thinking Raider is, now, a nice fire bg addition.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Shhhhh. First rule of Fight Club. Repeatedly beat anyone who mentions UD combos. So far with KF in the spotlight we can fly under the radar.

14. badgerale

What are the second and third?

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Think redcaps will get hit again if Sibling ever gets tapped. If there is no plan to tap Sibling then I think Immortal needs to be pulled off.

theKraken and SPiEkY like this.
  16. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Wasp.is lulz

Redcaps are still amazing

Bane shift is still doing funky things with set ablaze

Fire giant feels about 5 nora to cheap

Demonolgist still has role confusion

Some upgrade paths are a bit boring

As an ud player we made out great. Just a few over efficiencies but nothing super crazy. (Im hoping my first post didnt come off as too negative)

The only other thing is id like to see morethemes created in ud
    Aka deep elves, bok, and goblins reworked a bit

Ps I when I wrote my last post I think I was a little disgruntled but the lack of changes to summons (meatspam)

17. badgerale

I didn't take it as overly negative, just collecting opinions.

Regarding summons, I'd really like a review of all the summons in the game, as they are a bit too much generally. But obviously that isn't my call.

It is beginning to feel like the redcap nerf wasn't big enough, but I'd rather let it sit for a while and see what happens to the meta.

The other things you mention (except baneblast) are definately on the radar.

What are peoples opinion on the stitched rider thing (forget the name)? Seems a bit much to me.

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Number #1 priority should be removing that atrocious Combat Awereness from Bok Raider. Then go from there.

BansheeX likes this.
  19. HannibalFee

HannibalFee Devotee of the Blood Owl

why did she even get that ability? seemed pretty random.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

No idea bud, that question should be directed to Gedden.