UD faction bonus needs to be fixed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alakhami, May 4, 2016.

1. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Netherzen, newsbuff, Tweek516 and 8 others like this.
  3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Disagree, fine as is. More damage is not what we need.

Tweek516, IMAGIRL, Qucas and 4 others like this.
  4. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I'm disgutsed... degh.

5. badgerale

I actually think there shouldn't be any damage bonus on range 3+.

The faction would be much more interesting to me if it was purely close range, and so was forced to play in a different way to the other factions.

mortal ix, poinl, Goyo and 2 others like this.
  6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Can we fix the FW bonus as well?

"Oh but it isn't broken"

*dies inside*

Netherzen likes this.
  7. Alakhami

So you're fine with other factions outdamaging UD, both in melee and range?

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

it's okay yobanchi. I want FW to be just like every other faction too.

9. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Of course not , but just giving us more damage will not fix anything. (also power creep)
    What we need a more refined way of buffing, finesse abilities over damage increases.

IMAGIRL, Qucas and JellyBerry like this.
  10. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

It was already like that previously. They changed it for a reason, because having a shitload of damage on a ranged champion just by deploying it was ridiculous.

11. Alakhami

All the range units in UD feel weak. Since there is now a formula where everything is more or less equal (especially since range has been adjusted) i think it is time to change it back.
    Should I remind you that this change was made back when UD got Grimlic released, and a lot of range units before the formula were also released at a completely different cost quite often with above average damage.
    If any of the range units after this become OP (there probably will be a few problematic ones but I doubt it)then we could just tweak them individually.

12. badgerale

Yeah, UD doesn't really do the kind of buffing setup tactics that other factions like IS do. We are more a fast and loose sort of playstyle.

So I don't necessarily think it's a problem if some factions can get better melee than UD, as long as they don't get it without added effort/runeslots/time.

IMAGIRL, Ohmin, Goyo and 2 others like this.
  13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

This is not a balance issue , its a play-style preference issue, hence i dare not say this or that is true.
    It seems UD players enjoy the Melee focused style of play.

MogaBait likes this.
  14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Da fuqq are you running in UD if youre consistently getting outdamaged????

15. Alakhami

I do too. in almost all of my BGs I run Mindslicer Obelisk. I just think there's no reason for the range option for UD to be so weak and closed.

16. Alakhami

Melee UD is fine, when was the last time you seen UD range in play? I'm not paying 95 nora for a 16dmg 4-6 range unit with no defensive abillities and only an AoE attack.

17. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

What you guys need is for DEPs beckon demon to get a cool down of 1 again.

18. Ballballer

Lol more like blatantly op in some cases. Have you seen sheoul demon? Gahlroonling is still insane as well, people are just too stupid to run him.

19. Ballballer

The new naria is good in UD, as are harbs (but i understand that theyre insanely hard to get), the 4-6 range girl with ammunition is good, etc. You cant get insane melee champs AND great range too. Then youd be IS

BurnPyro and OriginalG1 like this.
  20. Alakhami

Sheoul Demon was recently buffed, I don't agree that he's INSANE. But he is strong indeed. Although I may be biased, since I haven't actually played it.
    Haven't seen gahlroonling in play for a while, did it change last patch?