UD Faction Bonus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxLordQxx, Dec 23, 2014.

1. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I havent played alot to really know the state of dmg across the factions.
    I do know that in the past i felt that UD's dmg was muted by other things available to other factions and they had generous dmg.

It use to annoy me that a UD rune could have like. 6spd, rng 1, 13(18) dmg, 1 def, 44 hp and abilities like res fire 3, fury, charge 1(3), block 86 nora
    And a Prot rune would be something like 6spd, rng 1-2, 11dmg, 2def, 48 hp, and abilities like Throw axe, hostile, assault, purified, deflect 75 nora

So u have 1 more range than me, your 11 dmg can attack at range 6? and reduce def, it also can be boosted to 16, you take 1 less dmg than me and have 4 more hp.
    You also get free attacks and every few turns you bounce one of mine back while cleansing every turn.
    Fair, balanced.

I know good and well that my example doesn't represent any runes that actually existed. It does accurately represent the sentiment of UD in the past before the Creeps came and blended all the faction lines and gave us stuff.
    We still felt in a box while other factions were able to share abilities and champion stats. We were like a T-Rex... BIG DAMAGE, little arms.

If this is the same now, i can't say. I can understand the sentiment though.

I still remember when every1 flipped there Bane Shift over UD angel for having Range ( "Oh my! no, UD no range, flavor, faction identity, OP, no!")
    Then as soon as it was nerfed all the angels i knew were far worse got whined about in spades, cuz they ACTUALLY were problems.

2. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

TL, DR: Do abilities factor into damage? Does Good Stuff Meta represent the flavor of faction identity or the faction as a whole?

Questions id ask

Does UD's damage compensate for lack of gated abilities.

Does the average damage of Meta UD runes outdamage the average damage of Meta other faction runes?

That is an important one.

In a UD BG the average damage may be 18-21 and average range of 2-4 maybe?
    People are always so cautious about giving UD too much range because a ALL RANGE or HEAVY RANGED UD BG is out of faction identity and Over powered.

However do people look as closely to the Damage other factions get in the same way?
    Can other factions throw together the GOOD STUFF and get an average damage of 16-19? <<<IS that low enough to qualify as still faction identity and not overpowered?
    Also, do we count abilities in damage?

I think that a UD rune with 7 base getting boosted to 11 and has no dmg increase abilities is a worse rune than another faction rune that has 8 base damage but piercing shot 3 or a rank 3 DoT.
    Is that fair to think that way?

3. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

I don't think the UD faction bonus needs aimplified past its current point.

The argument has already been stated in this thread and others numerous times, but I'm also of the line of thought that faction bonuses should increase flavor, not power. The current UD bonus does that well enough already.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Ud ff bonus has become so that champion with a certain base damage is really benefits anything below with poor abilities get shoeboxed
example galroon has 17 base so he is useful but champions like soulthirster got shoebox because of poor abilities and damage and poor synergy