UD help

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by George №1, Jul 17, 2014.

1. George №1

George №1 The King of Potatoes

So I've been playing UD for quite some time and after the new patch I abandoned one of my two main UD BGs and I made some changes to my other one (Spiders) and made a new one.
    Because I don't have much confidence in my BGs I wold like to ask for you to look at my decks and give me some suggestions about what to change or just rate them -Do you think they can work or not.
    Deemon Elf- http://poxbase.com/deck/CoICa4C3BC6-Ca8C99ca9C7DC5=s2vsys4@S8fsOS1lR2irAE2g
    Spiders- http://poxbase.com/deck/C5MCw=CuXC8Kc3VC5yCfBCqqCqysys4@S2ls4kS1FsDr2r3TrAE1U
    Panda- http://assets.worldwildlife.org/pho...e_(c)_Michel_Gunther_WWF_Canon.jpg?1345515244

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Demon Elf--w/ 2 manslayer, I think you should include maddening echoes x2 instead of the 2x mandates. Warguard + combat awareness synergize well w/ it. I'd include a deep elf scout-pilfer source and detect instead of acrid smoke--most people have a cleanse Also, I think you might have 2 few champions (since you've only got 15 real champions when you take out the dwarfs). A grimlic would help...since you don't have much range otherwise. I'd consider adding at least 1 grimlic's treachery (global detect, lots of damage w/ enough elfs). I'd probably remove 1 or 2 molten cloak's since you don't have fire giants; and 1 or both griefbearer's fountains (imo, UD is kill or be killed, not heal w/ bloodballs). I'd add 1 head of osarius (stealth contester; cheap aoe damage source; pers. counter); 1 sacrifice (to enable power turns when you need the nora); probably 1 orb of protection since you have 2 dwarfs and enough fire damage;

3. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

What he said.only I'd definitely replace both fountains with sacrifice or one and retribution.probably a tinderbox instead of molten cloak.how often do you use demolish?
    Definitely need at least one more champion.grimy is an excellent choice or bok raiders will never let you down tho not elves obviously

4. PiPPoInZ9

PiPPoInZ9 The King of Potatoes

Regarding Spiders,

I`d drop one Fire blast for a Superiority (damage diversification + detection) if not the two of them.
    Would be thinking of adding a Mindslicer Boomerang for a combo with Pshychic Jab on Soulcrawler.
    Would remove Trap Spiders as champs and add one Spell (summon trap spider).
    Would add Nightfall spider. I don`t like him too much, but he`s good for magical damage and forcing your opponent to detect in some situations.
    I`d remove one Protect the Nest and maybe Firelight Ruby.
    Maybe remove Shatter since you are running Rust Demon x2.
    Would add Breath of Ash, Fiery Ambush, Sacrifice and or Retribution, Mindslicer Obelisk (if you have it, maybe Orb of protection if not).

Those are just my thoughts it all comes down to your play style.

5. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Demon Elf:

Remove Demon Lich and get in DE Fanatic. You'll only need one priestess, so get in one DE Scout for Detection, Pilfer and Font Contest. Remove Mandates, Add x2 Maddening Echoes. Remove Griefbearer's Fountain, add x1 Sacrifice, and x1 Purefire. I did remove the Twins to get in x2 Ritualists. For magic damage which you lack, and need. Remove Molten Cloaks, and fill the spots with whatever suits you fine. I did recommend geting one Grimlic's Treachery. It comes in handy when dealing with 1 hp Avatars on the other side of the map.

Other suggestions:

Grimlic x1
    Orb of Protection x1
    Head of Osarius x1
    Purefire x1

Spiders:

I did suggest using Price of Victory for Spider synergy.

Mandatory stupid suggestion: ever tried to make a Fire+Deep Elves BG?

6. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Demon Elves: You want to be running these 2x
    Priestess
    Redcap
    Reaper
    Caverunner
    Demon Lich
    Ember Wasp
    Scorched Midget
    Grimlic's Treachery
    Borghas
    Sacrifice
    Head of Osarius

1x autos:
    Summoner
    Grimlic
    Scout
    Purefire
    Fire Blast
    Retribution
    Banner
    Mindslicer Obelisk OR Price of Victory.

7. waylandwalker

waylandwalker The King of Potatoes

Demons: Off the top of my head, it looks good, though I can't help but ask where Grimlic is.
    Spiders: I don't know too much about spiders, but I would think that mandate from sheoul (which I know you have; it's in the demon deck) would be good here. I put one mandate in all my UD decks.

I usually use 2x maddening echoes as well in UD. I notice you have 2x superiority in the elves deck and 2x fire blast in the spiders deck, which fulfill the same role. I'm just curious why you picked superiority in one and fire blast in the other. I'm not saying one or the other is wrong, it just seems a little strange to me is all. You could easily run superiority with the spiders, too, but you could just as easily run fire blast or maddening echoes, too. Echoes has a higher potential damage, but is crappier against just one or two champs. I prefer echoes because it's usually the hordes of cheap meat that undoes my slower style BGs, rather than one or two superchamps, but that's just me. I think fire blast would be better in the demon deck though, because the demon liches have amplify fire.

8. George №1

George №1 The King of Potatoes

Thanks for all of the input so far guys! It really helped with the spider deck and Im still trying to get 1 or 2 more champs from the demon elf deck to level 3 for some skills before I take it to ranked, but the spider deck has really improved.
    If you want to see how I changed them and discuss them some more (although I think Im gonna stick with them as they are now)
    Here is the demon elf BG-http://poxbase.com/deck/CoIc4_Ca4c3Bc5tc60Ca8C99ca9C7DC5=sys4@s2xs2Hs8fs86sOsAS1lr3TrAe2K
    And here is the spider BG- http://poxbase.com/deck/C5MCw=CuXC8Kc3VC5yCfBCqqCqys4@s2ls4ks6ls1FsOsAs1lr3TrArFE1U
    Again ty for all the help
    P.S-maybe the BGs havn't improved and I just got lucky with my opponents XD

9. Raikan

Thanks for posting Devilsrath's BG ;)l Is 2x sacrifice necessary in your opinion--it has a lot less value when the only expensive champs are caverunner and grimlic?

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I run 1 sac and 1 ret, personally, though it's down to taste

11. gillo

What?

12. Raikan

I had just watched a game of his. He's running something very similar/identical to what you posted.

13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

because its pretty much UD meta atm

gillo likes this.
  14. gillo

I know he runs a Treachery deck, but prolly not identical to what I posted. I believe he runs Manslayers and recently saw Pincushions.