UD need changes!

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Plant, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Plant

Plant New Member

As a faction we dont excel at anything. Our spells are mediocre, our champs arent the strongest (even though we are consider the DMG faction), we barely have any synergy, and are champs cost more nora than other faction champs with the same abilities.

The question is, why are we being left out while all other factions are getting what they are asking for?

Ps: We dont need some OP champs, just an extensive rune rework.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Just wanted to comment on these 3 things.

UD is good at rushing. I feel like IS and UD (and KF) are the best factions for rushes.
    UD doesn't have a mediocre spell set.
    I don't think KF has the fastest champs? Nor does ST have the champs with the most HP. Maybe in the past KF was supposed to be the fastest, ST the most HP and UD the most damage, but the game has evolved past that.

Alakhami likes this.
  3. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Right now every faction seems to have equal speed distribution but for me ST champs always felt like they had like +5/+10 extra health without counting the bonus. Might be just me.

As for UD; it seems fine right now. Imps and Deep Elves could use a few tweaks but everything else isn't that bad. And I think our spellset is one of the best in the game.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't know it may seem like ST units have more HP, but that's simply because of their bonus. I just looked through some ST Champs in my BGs and most of them are in the 40s unless they're high in cost then they have 50ish base hp.

5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Arthropod, Fire and Demon race ought to be fixed too imo. Also, has it ever occured to you why UD damage boost is a stat boost, while the SL bonus is a defensive bonus that works not only on basic attacks but on damaging abillities in general, which makes it somewhat a tough 1 in certain cases? It would be probably be difficult to code additional pure damage to every possible attack, so that it bypasses certain defensive abillities, but it just seems unfair that UD has a bonus that is restricted to only dull basic atk dmg.

Spellset is not the best, but definitely has it's respective style. Although I think a good number of spells could be reworked, especially ones that work with themes.

6. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Right, I forgot arthropods. They are not horrible though. Fire has many options and it's viable imo but what do you mean by demons? The majority of UD champs are demons. And most fit a theme/ synergy/ gimmick. Votshairs have anti range. Hekatians more or less fit in the bleed deck etc etc.

And yes, it's common knowledge at this point that faction bonuses are imbalanced. UD's probably one of the worst. And sometimes it almost feels like our champs are balanced around it, with their squishiness and low base DMG.

The thing is that every faction has it's unplayable runes and it would be impossible to have all of them balanced. I sort of like this slow rotation system DoG is doing but sadly not many seem to do.

7. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

almost all champs in UD outside of themes are demons. That creates a lot of restrictions.