UD patch notes and reaction thread

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Nov 14, 2014.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

UD relevant ability changes:

Surge: Demon Elf (New Ability)
      • Description: This unit has +1 DMG for every friendly champion with the races Demon and Elf.
    Stitched Symbiosis
      • Description: This champion comes into play with 2 Stitchling Riders. At the beginning of your turn, this unit heals 2 HP for each Stitched Rider on it. When this champion is successfully attacked by a basic attack, if this unit loses a stack of Stitchling Riders, it loses a stack of Stitchling Riders and a Stitchling with no upgrades and 15 hp is summoned adjacent to the attacking champion.
    Colossal

• Nora Cost decrease (-3)
      • Description: This champion takes 33% less damage (after DEF) from small champions.
    Fire Acolyte
      • Nora Cost increase (+4)
    Counter Attack: Ranged
      • Nora Cost decrease (-4)
    Summon Imp (rank 2)
      • Nora Cost increase (+5)
    Summon Imp (rank 1)
    ---

Champions:

Not in notes but Hekatian Arbiter also got a -7 nora decrease (on top of the counter attack range reduction) is now running at 79 nora with bloodlust and impaling strike. This was actually more than I asked for, but lets see how it goes.

Servile Brute
    • Damage decrease (-3)
    • Starting Abilities: Attack: Physical, Demon Elf Bound, Pace, Surge: Demon Elf
    • Upgrade Set 2: Berserk Attack 2 (default), Berserk Attack 3
    Firemaw
    • Upgrade Set 1: Death Nova: Fire 4, Death Nova: Lava 2 (default), Death Nova: Lava 3
    • Upgrade Set 2: Fire Aura 3 (default), Flame Nova 3, Lava Storm
    Bok Mistress
    • Damage decrease (-2)
    • Starting Abilities: Flight, Attack: Magical, Bleed, Blood Dispersal
    • Upgrade Set 2: Soften , Subsume (default), Blood Knowledge
    Relics

Heart of Fire

• HP increase (+10)
    • Starting Abilities: Immunity: Fire, Mythical, Fire Feed
    Equipment

Demon Shield

Any problems jumping out at people? Other Thoughts? I especially need to know about any bugs people spot (ones related to the patch I mean).

I'm not going to have a chance to play these for a few days so let me know how things get on.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  2. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Servile seemed a little silly with surge but once you take into account he can only max 7 speed then lots not too bad.

Arbiter price looks good to me, she has a spot in my fly chicks bg

3. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

He can have berserker 3: 8 speed, 15 damage for 53 nora (and demon elf bound)

4. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

He's a beast/brute so vulnerable in a DE deck due to grimlic's treachery and superiority & can't be moved by priestess. I think he's like Christmas for my DE bg, but in a lot of others he might have a hard time fitting. Plus DE Summoner took quite a hit, so it seems fair. Sheoul Demon's cost increase makes me sad. Firemaw's changes are nice but he got +2 nora so running with lava storm is now 97 nora. Ouch!

5. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

you forgot the ninja nerf to succubus and pimpspawn with curse change
    also could you try to push another upgrade on paingel instead of stab now that she is physical?

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Eh? Succubus doesn't have curse.

Pimpspawn is terrible enough anyway that becomeing more so doesn't seem an issue - though I would love to rework him at some point.

7. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

oh, you are right, i guess i missed the patch where she lost it, my bad
    also wow at +5 for summon imp, it's the weakest summon and no other summons were touched

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

my mistake, didn't even get a chance to really look since I was at school on my phone, internet at my home is up now

9. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

does seem harsh that no other summons got hit but summoner is still great, was dmg nerf mentioned?

10. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

As per my other thread, the only real issue I have is with untouched upgrade paths containing multiple ability ranks. I read your response to that, but I don't agree with your opinion. Because it's a larger topic that would derail the purpose of this thread, I'll just state that these changes were solid sans the mentioned concerns.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

anyone plam on using stitched first in ff bg? Reconstitute+DP+transfer life pretty OP

12. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

first + bok gatekeeper noble sacrifice maybe

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

first+hook fiend relocation combo's

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It's nice that Gedden included something in the patch notes to give a nod to deep elves (giving Brute Surge), but there isn't really enough tying deep elves together (a fact brought up quite a bit in the main patch discussion thread).

Currently the only deep elf synergy consists of Grimlic's Treachery, a conditionally powerful global damage spell, and two non-demon non-elf champs with Demon Elf Bound (one of which has what basically amounts to a relic's job: sit near the shrine and pretend you don't exist).
    The problem is, these two synergies do not synergize with EACH OTHER: Grimlic's Treachery does not gain damage from the Bound champs and will actually DAMAGE both of them. Which is bad, of course.
    ...unless I missed something?

On the topic of the Bound champs, I still dislike Deep Miner (and by extension, the original Nora Miner), because their jobs are basically to do nothing (and if they can actually go somewhere and do something, people complain).