UD range unit review

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by chickenpox2, Sep 6, 2014.

?

Which champion would you like to change and comment why?

1. Seeker of the blood

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Goblin Archer

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I was think lets see how to improve the range so we can make sure DOG has no need to give anymore range (but i doubt it )
    so lets start thinking
    i was thinking making seeker of blood a melee rune

Dmg 9 |Speed 6 |Range 1-2 |defence 1 |Health 48 |
    Attack magic
    Blood magic
    Boon of undead
    relocate bloodball

Upgrades 1
    Bleed/ lifedrinker/ life siphon
    Upgrade 2
    Blood knowledge / hunter righteous / spell swallower

Does she really need relocate blood? i romoved it and added +1 range it much better

Deep elf Temptress
    Dmg 8 |Speed 6 |Range 2-4 |defence 0 |Health 44 |

Attack magic
    Punish

Upgrade 1
    Charm 1 / charm 2 / charm 3
    Upgrade 2
    Fear 1/ fear 2 /fear 3

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I like relocate blood on seeker. I would hate to see her range changed if the cost was the loss of relocate.

Leadrz likes this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

both are fine imo, goblin IF ANYTHING could use nora decrease. Even then it's fine.

4. chickenpox2

i like he original range 1-4 if it possible to give her that i would prefer this way we can get of bad range runes and try to convince gedden to make better new ones which can fit into more bgs
    I'm the opposite i think archer could have more i would rather use goblin dirtbag cause for -3 nora you get 2 good abilites which can be used to defend against opponents

5. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

goblin archer isen't there for abilities, it's for his range that makes him good and coupled with multi attack. Range that high AND multi attack is a god send (or a sheoul one) for UD.

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Seeker of Blood is odd right now.
    2-3 is one of the lamest ranges that exists. Also, Relocate: Blood Ball will often place you in melee range (since Bleed spawns a blood ball adjacent to the champ you hit), and Seeker has no melee attack... Though relocating to blood balls spawned by the fountain could have the potential to be a clutch save.
    If it becomes melee, it should not lose the relocate, IMO.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would like to see 2-4. Relocate often allows me to move back from melee range or foward for better blood magic positioning.

8. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Range 2-3 is good on seeker, he does not suffer from mindslicer obelisk while being able to stand behind a melee champ since his survivability is not great.
    Also his mobility is great and dmg output combined with heal potencial as well, any buff to seeker would make him overpowered.

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

People run widow maker on him and jump for the kill with relocate.

10. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

What the F!? GUys are you for real using Seeker of Blood?

Guys, it only got race: Demon because it made so much more synergy with Splits rather than FF. I can't believe you really think you can win games using this guy thrown in the middle of a Demon pithole!

No, seriously, I already say him used in a Demon BG, and all it did was just cast Blood Magic, then still hoping to survive for another turn. I don't really see it, somebody explain it to me. Specially why is that people is so hyped on comparing him to our best ranged unit.

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Bleed BG FF UD is not that bad. Seeker of blood helps buff that theme too

12. chickenpox2

well true but demon bg bearly have synergy they pretty much work alone which is kind of shame i wish they had a ability which make them into a solid theme like
    demon's fury (given to all demons ) - When 5 demons in play this unit gain fury

13. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

UD doesn't really need more damage. We already have plenty and as for a racial benefit we have beckon demon (which is kind of powerful with only cd 1). Then we have blood balls which are delicious to our champs and heal them and hurt all others. The only thing a demon bg would need to have more synergy is what kind of demon you put in, since a large bulk is already demon anyways. Demon is only there because, well they're demonic I guess, but plenty of actual races live within them, like bok and deep elf for example.

14. Leadrz

Might be too much like draksar.

I rekcon some sort of camo or something to reduce range dam.
    Since heavily melee.

Or demonic resolution : the first time this champ engages another champ all melee damage is reduced to 0 for 2 turns.

(Jus spewin out ideas)

15. chickenpox2

how about this?
    demonic resolution: whenever the demon is deployed all freindly champions gain resolute for 2 turns

16. Leadrz

I think that'd cost too much nora.
    (But i know what you mean, it'd just be a huge buff i think. Abit too much of a strength.)

My idea was because of lack of range when the demons close the gap and have no ap (depending on opponents positioning) they get some defense.

Also i think if people want to discuss this^ I think it'd be considerate to have a new thread so we dont clog up this ranged thread.

17. chickenpox2

let's make a new thread about it?

Leadrz likes this.
  18. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

That's pretty much the flavor of demons.
    Besides, there are as many demons in UD as undead in FW, but FW splits the undead into groups for synergy.
    UD should do the same (Bok synergy, etc)

MEATMAN likes this.
  19. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

too stronk it would be like a semi-chtaria´s ability and op in a faction known for being anti range to have now global anti melee

MEATMAN likes this.
  20. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Why we don't simply stick to runes with racial benefit?

It's better for balance if we declare one kind of race to have priority over the other ones. Specially in a faction with such elitistic background lore. Imagine it this way; demons, high lords and rulers of all Sheoul having plenty of vicious spells tailored to favour their kind only. All other races must either find strengh on their own (cow people), or with others sharing their racial or theme (arthropods, fire, beasts). Demon-bound spell only grant benefits to demons (Masochism, Demon Shield); or grant benefits at a high-price for everyone who can use it (Sacrifice, Blade of the Snake, Eye for an Eye, etc).

So, this way, we can preserve our best runes for ourselves, and limit the access of other factions to them, justifying bigger benefits for ourselves.