UD/SL Punishing Aura

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Authyrtyr, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I would really like to build this BG. I haven't gone to get the runes yet because they're a little hard to come by but I thought I'd ask for some input first.

A. Do you think this strategy is any good?
    B. Can you think of any ways to synergize with it? I've got some invigorate champs so I can give the enemy AP but maybe some stun would be good as well. Are there any better ways to give AP in these factions?
    C. I've got Garin in there right now but that's just because I dislike running <15 champs, any ideas on what I might do with that slot or do you think that Garin is a good fit?

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I don't think you get enough from UD to justify the split. KF control will serve you better IMO.

3. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Ask zwind, I've seen him running this few times.

4. flash88

flash88 Member

good bg,make the opponent spent ap,have some heal.
    But why not try split SL/KF so you have carnivorous vines spell to help punishing aura
    *Punishing aura 3 ou more champions + rooted = OP

use grimlics mirror to compensate the lack of kf champions with the ability

5. Authyrtyr

Hmm, wouldn't have ever occurred to me to use KF for this strategy. Could you provide an idea of what to run in KF to "control" the opponent? All I've ever done in KF is Treefolk Superchamp which didn't really concern itself with control.

6. GabrielQ

In kf you have carnivorous vines and lash down that can root your opponents, you can pacify them if they are still dangerous in that situation using soothing serenade and reclaim. You also have knockout units in elven shade and ranger elite, and lot of tricks like fairy permastun with oaken mace, pacify + force barrier and illusion spam + reclaim to lock people down.

7. flash88

flash88 Member

exactly, Kf is a perfect split for this bg type.
    i already tested this,for opposing mlee units only rooted enough,only for range units you need pacify or if unit have some ability to spent ap.
    also can add some KF punish champions like Kodiak

8. Authyrtyr

I would definitely not run punish in this bg, makes the enemy lose AP.

I'm unfamiliar with "fairy permastun", oaken mace, "illusion spam+reclaim" or what the good pacify is. Could you please clarify?

9. flash88

flash88 Member

KF-SL punish/stun bg:
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/CkHCogCf=CpUC1jCgNcuLcdfc1bs7isjSkS8ws7usYs4Ks30r2qr2IE22e8

my advice is to try split with KF, how damage opponents with punishing auras if they dont stack ap and stay always moving? so KF have imobilize spells and abilities.

Sprite with force barrier imobilize champion = rooted
    Fae Oracle have force barrier and sooting serenate (neutralize and imobilize ranged champions)
    But caution with spent nora,isnt a cheap bg

10. Authyrtyr

Why are Cavalier, Wild Elf, Bloodthirsty Blade and Timberjaw Alpha in there? Rest of BG makes sense.

11. GabrielQ

Fairy permastun: Nectar fairy has recharge so she can bypass the cooldown on stun to permanently incapacitate a champion
    Oaken mace is a equipment that grants stun
    If you surround a champion with illusions, and this champion is pacified he won't be able to free himself and move.
    Pacified: this unit cannot attack

12. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

If you use UD as part of split , you can try Demon lich and use set ablaze it deal dmg(have stun effect) and your punishing champ can deal dmg while enemy under "set ablaze" condition.

13. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!