UD/SP ZOALT!.dek

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by SPiEkY, Sep 7, 2014.

1. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Alright, this BG is the result of ages of trying to make a BG centered around the almighty, unending, all-ruling Zoalt.

Specifically, I focused on elemental aspects to make effectively a hybrid Fire Amp/Lightning deck that Never lacks for alt damage.

Anyways, here it is:

https://poxbase.com/deck/C6-c8dc8aC3ncl_CdIcbc4gcfIci0CwHcoys5QS2ls8Js3tsOs4xS82s5wrAr3Xe1Je2g

I'll edit this post to explain some of the ideas behind it a bit better, but I'm too lazy to do it now, so y'all will have to wait.

Edit:

Alright, so, this BG plays primarily in waves of fire and then lightning (or visa-verse), with each wave forming its own module of sorts.

Fire Module: Demon Lich, Dirtbags, Giant, Flameweb, Lavaflow, Bombers, Wasp + spells

Your fire tanks are Gonna be the Giant (Colossal, Tough 2, probably equipped with the cloak) and the Flameweb (max him out, trust me, it's only 71 nora and he's a boss disregard that, I'm running him cheapo now), with their support coming in the form of the Demon Liches (Cleanse, Acolyte) and Lavaflow Devourer (Amp, Flame Web), and the Dirtbags (Stall, Impair) are your pseudo-range as well as Give support (Stall + Spark Curse is a deadly combination, I hear). The Firebombers (max 'em) are standout in this deck as font cappers/beaters: They've got high damage that gets amped to ridiculous pretty quickly and they've got Fire Bomb, which combos well with Ember wasps.

Lightning Module: Sparkles, Stormflyers, Marid, Ele, + spells

Stormflyers (Acolyte, Dmg shield 3) function as undying tanks due to Static Aura and the damage shield constantly proccing Acolyte. Marids (Jolt 3, Distract) are the font cappers that could, and can for days with Tele 2, plus Jolt 3 gets nuts after a few turns of teleporting away and attacking once while harrassing. Sparkles (Jolt 2, Aura) keeps your enemies at a slower pace than they might otherwise be, just make sure to keep things shocked. Shaman (Acolyte, Relieve) is mostly a nora gen counter, but he can provide vital support with his lightning attack (procs stormflyers' acolyte, as well as its own) and relieve. He manages to stay alive longer than You might think despite how squishy he is, due to Acolyte keeping his health Up. Edit: I've since dropped Shaman for the newly buffed Lightning Ele (Aura + Jab, unless they break that when they fix him to not have jab on both lines), and he's performing fantastically.

Zoalt (maxed, duh) goes where he pleases, giving huge damage Flamestrikes in fire amp modules and cursing large amounts of enemies with Lightning Storm with Sparkles + friends. He plays best if you play around his Tetra(lol)-shield, playing more aggressively when you roll Phys resist, and playing around the other two.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    19madfox95 likes this.
  2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

why is Zoalt a leoss god but u cant even run him IS/ST

3. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Because he's too cool for them, duh.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

UD/SL dragons makes zoalt happy, you have neat tricks like rumbler + sac/retri/avenging flame, rapid assault + vexian neodrak, you can RB zoalt, and you can use like a lot of initiative champions.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

True, but I wanted to stick to Zoalt's actual split

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Oh, I understand, you are not cool enough to split with SL, got it.

afk.

OchiK and Sirius like this.
  7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

QFT

also, OP edited (finally)

8. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

finally stumbled upon this gem, did not know your dragon linked me here

going to have to try this out

also, have you found any good splits with the other two fish splits with UD? the (almost)cthulhu guy and jyx look kind of cool

SPiEkY likes this.
  9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I actually just recently made it link, like a week ago or something

I actually don't have the corrupted overlord, so I haven't tried yet, but that's a good idea for a new BG

10. EmperorSauron

EmperorSauron I need me some PIE!

Corrupted Overlord splits great into a UD/FS with Sixul and all that, ill post mine up if anyone wants it.

As for your bg i love the idea behind it, but i was wondering why you're not running Lightning Ele or Tinderboxes. Im sure Tinderbox on Zoalt would be pretty awesome, thoughts on it?

11. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

Eh, tinder is best on someone with fire for their basic attack

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I couldn't fit tinderbox in, and Lightning Ele is terribad at the moment.

13. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

i miss my green flame web spider.

14. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Hey, I made one deck like your too, but with some modifications:

http://poxbase.com/deck/cwJc8dc29c3ncl_CdIcbc99cfOcfICi0CwHcoys6@s4@S2ls6_s3ts4xs5wr2ZeNe24e1Je2ge2f

Fire Elemental (FA3 and DSF3) for maximum fire dmg, also, his aura active ember wasp for amazing dmg per turn. Nefari Fireslinger equiped with Demon Shield make him a great snowball champ, that kills everything with that lots of Amp Fire. Peaks Ifrit for me is better than Fire Giant for tanking, he have aura, and fire acolyte, equiped with Firelight Gem makes him a monster. The spell with big name is for when you are in number disvantage, this is spell is GREAT for cleaning the map. Fading Recolection to deal with some bad ass champs. Havoc's Touch and Zeleatory to make someone even better at killing. And Protean Chains for making Zoalt a MONSTER! Really, two Deflects makes him really annoying to kill.
    Hope you like ^^

OchiK and SPiEkY like this.
  15. OchiK

OchiK The King of Potatoes

We must be like soultriplets, for I too have been working on a zoalt split deck focusing on fire/lightning which is slightly closer to @Ifem21 BG style. However in working on it it birthed a lightning deck that's FS/SP split with corrupted overlord and no zoalt.

Well I say "lightning" I think it's 9/8 lightning/other champs that bring added utility or help cover gaps.

Ifem21 likes this.
  16. Ifem21

Interesting @OchiK can you post it for us to see?

17. OchiK

I don't have the zoalt deck in my rune manager anymore it appears I think I temporarily sidelined it and it's saved on my home pc as a poxbase bookmark.

But this is "lightning" BG.

[​IMG]

My usual modifications that I use at any one time are dropping the voil sorcerer for another stormflyer.

Dropping an overlord or paladin or both for more electric fish like the shock pomfret? Or slipworm.

Sometimes I find room for flood and slipwater.

I've been messing around with lightning elemental he's meh I know his glory days are gone, but I like to let him believe. I'll probably drop him for a pirahnid tempest when I get one and then maybe drop an overlord or paladin and wiggle a second stormflyer in.

The vault is nice because even though it's only half lightning guys it gives the rest spot lightning damage and gives my pirahnids and overlords regen and spot stealth and it's an extra source of water.

Ifem21 likes this.
  18. Ifem21

Nice bg, I suggest putting one more mundunugu, they are amazing (well, I perssonaly love them so...) and drop the Sorceress and one overlord, for one Stormflyer and one Tortun Inventor (have you try using him?) or Slipworm for font costesting.... ^^
    Yeah... I hope my Lighting Elemental get away from my shoebox and shine again in the battlefield...

19. OchiK

I love tortun inventor! Such an awesome rune, I was thinking about finding room for him. And yeah the mundugu...dugu...mu? Is pretty fun too!

Ifem21 likes this.
  20. Ifem21

Yeah, find dome place for him, and it will become great :D