UD/ST Brutal Doh

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Ginx, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Ginx

Ginx Member

The ideal behind this split it to take advantage of ST new found defensive abilities thanks to Nohkando spam dodge/block. As well as cheap UD champs with low dmg, but have useful availabilities such as block and or multiattack. The main ideal being that the ST portion of this bg will focus on slowing down enemies with Nohkando as well as giving some key UD champs increased survivability with train Nohkando, containment unit, blizzard cloak, and focused nexus if things get too crazy. While on the offensive side there are a multitude of cheap UD chaps that have multiattack which normally would be hard to use. But with brands of brutality (2x) their damage can reach crazy high levels. With access to swap, relocate demon, damage redirection, and Nohkando training these units can get in and out and deal lots of damage. Blade mandate from sheoul provides healing (only 25 hp though), but more importantly it gives champs +7 dmg on any melee attack, basic or not and hunter hero. Combined with the multiattack, brands, and champ relocation options, this ok spell can do quite a bit of damage, able to tear apart most champs that get caught in the crossfire. I would have to say the star of this bg are the warfoots, who might have stupid names, but combined with 7 spd, Nohkando, blitz, pummel, and ripose, if they can get into the game and get brands cast on them or even mandate from sheoul, they can do crazy amounts of dmg bery easily. Especially when they have the final rank of pummel, they can alternate between not moving, having 3+ dodges (7 sp/ each 2 = missed attack) and then being able to quickly close the distance and deliver 2 attacks for 30+ dmg if they have been branded or at the very least 2x 14ish damage without being equipped with anything. Did I mention ripost attacks also get the bonuses from blade of the snake and brands of brutality?

Anyways I would love if anyone could take a look at this bg and tell me what they think. It still needs more testing and editing so... yeah.

http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cyhc3NcyCzC3BcpLCduc1@conC9OcjxckkcNcuAs7Ks7@S6qs58S2Ls8fs7dsOsAr3d

And last 2 things. Scorpic is might seem like a weird choice, but it is cheap, has clamp, and multiattack which is my counter to ranged units since this bg has all of 2 champs that attack at range. Also considering finding space for my deep elf fanatic since maniac has good synergy with brands since the maniac attack happens on the next turn, meaning the dmg should be doubled.

2. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Bok Enforcers (for harassing by axe or going right in the fray)
    Minotaur Flamecrusher (I still think he's good even with the nora increase... too flexible: can harass, good upclose, and pretty thick in hp)
    Yeti Spirit (goodstuff)

3. Ginx

Ginx Member

I actually tried the enforcer before and her lack of multiattack or block hurt her rating with me, although axe throw and command block are quite useful. When I tested her out it was in my BG which had a temple of brutality which I no longer use because it is not allowed in rank so perhaps things will go differently if I try her again. I have not tried the flamecrusher before, but with flamethrower, absorb, and pummel he does look like a really good (and expensive) addition. The yeti spirit not so much since it has no attack, but for defense if it were to have Nohkando and was able to get to an opposing front it could just sit there and be super hard to kill, all for 60 ish nora (the price of training and the rune). These all sound like great ideals, thanks!

4. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Swap in some Deep Elf Manslayers (Warguard + CA + NKD seems okay) and Ferren/Deep Elf Assassins for Brand targets. If you focused even more heavily on NKD, Stealth, Warguard and/or Reflexes champs then you could try swapping a Brand for a Temple of Brutality.

5. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Temple is currently not usable in ranked, if memory serves correctly.

6. Ginx

Ginx Member

Yes you can't use the temple in ranked sadly. There are too many people better than me who probably broke it in the past in ranked play. I do plan on running the Manslayers when I get them to lv 3 so that I can have them running around for 73 nora with rend 1 and changing ca to execute (which can be equally brutal). Having a champ that can take 5 hits before dying in a bg that is centered around massive amounts of melee damage is awesome (and the 7 spd does not hurt at all). I might try a little bit of stealth in this bg. I am more of a straightforward, kick down the door type of guy so normally people can see what I am aiming at quite easily. Perhaps a bit of stealth could help remedy that.... We will see. Having a hard time figuring out what to take out right now :/

7. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Haha, forgot about the ranked ban.