UD/ST Perseverance BG

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Kristian Skjold, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Okay. I have posted BG once.. But i still believe it's playable since i cant see any big nerfs to any of the part of the BG. I've won a lot of matches with this BG. even made some people ragequit, and i'll explain why I'll give you guys a few tips on how to play it and i hope you all will find it funny, interresting and as addictive as i do.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CkXcozCgvCh3Cz2cy_CuACaqCpxcgzs7Ks7@s19s4@S2lS5qSOSAsN

The main point of this Battlegroup is to get the Chronomancer out asap so you're ready to use Spellshift as soon as you need it. All units with perseverance is a perfect target for your Sacrifice or Retribution. Make your opponent angry that they dont got an unit with damageshield or Auras nearby!
    - Yes.. Aura and damageshield does counter Perseverance... that's really annoying.
    But you'll find yourself very often in the situations where your champ got 1 hp left... Then u get as much dmg out as u can with him.. and then Sacrifice and gets your nora back.. Thats great since almost every units with perseverance got a pretty high noracost. Win/win!

Angel of Perserverance
    The ST angel is a very usefull rune in this battlegroup. Mostly because of the Perseverance but as every angel does, she intensifies. which makes her a bigger threat. I keep playing her defensive early game. but as soon as she gets intensified i tend to get a bit more aggresive with her.

Chronomancer
    Chronomancer is one of the core runes in this Battlegroup. i use to get her out as early as posible so i can use Spell Shift when i need it.

Keeper of Memories
    now what the hell is that yeti doing here? i've been thinking alot obout that. And can't really figure out if i should keep him or throw him away. His range is nice.. so is his Nora generation. Frost amp is dangerous in this deck.. not to the enemies but to yourself.. so that's not good.

Shardseer K'aeyun

I dont find myself using K'aeyun that often. Mainly because there's other champions in the Battlegroup that is better. But it is nice to have some range and with multiattack, more dmg output.

Throatrend Lonx
    Now this guy... He's the main champion on this battlegoup.. Enrage.. makes him a powerfull beater. and i usually get out atleast +75 dmg before his time expires. Combine him with "Hasten" and you'll have a superfast superbeater that will pox up every tank in the game. Ohh yes!

Yeti Tracker
    This little yeti is a great way to shatter.. Combined with shadowspawn makes him a nasty little stealthed son of a Yetilady. But that's pretty much his only job to be honest.

Vothsair Reaver

Now.. you cant have a good Battlegroup without a few tanks. And Reaver is perfect to that job in this Battlegroup. Both arroweater, 3 defense, 52 hp and blood frenzy makes him an awesome little tank and a decent beater. Perseverance is just the dot above the i. just Perfect!

Minotaur Battlemage
    Battlemage is a really strong champion.. no matter it is in a split or a FF minotaur Battlegroup.. His deflect is awesome aswell. His Empower is normally pretty strong. but in this kind of Battlegroup it can be very dangerous to pop at the wrong time.. Magical Aura is countering the perseverance, sadly.

Minotaur Portalwalker
    Portalwalker.. now this is interresting. He doesn't help with the purpose of the battlegroup. But he really is a good champion.. Especially if u combo him with the Minotaur battlemage.. Swap... Swap and you'll become a nasty beater.

Sheoul Magus

I got a bad feeling with this guy... Well he do got perseverance... but that's pretty much it. I normally use him as a semi-tank and try to keep him alive as much as i can. But he doesnt bring as much to the table as the Reaver for example.

Ancient Implications
    This spell makes oyur Reaver a hella lot worse than it already is.. (just make sure you dont generate Nora with your Keeper of Memories when it is active... Learned that the hard way!)

Blizzard Cloak
    Sometimes.. your chronomancer needs help.. and thats why i got this one.
    - If she dies... U're ****ed!

Snow Blind
    You want to make people rage?? Snow blind then!

Cleansing Storm
    Somethimes you simply need some cleanse.. Enough said.. it's a must!

Fading recollection
    This spell is a nasty little one.. i mormally use it to take out superchamps or even units with damageshield or aura.. It sucks when a little 50 noracost champ with Aura smashes ur Throatrend Lonx..

Fireblast
    Not much to say about this.. Everybody needs some AoE damage.

Healing Hand
    Just in case u dont got any sacrifice on your hand.. or retribution that can do harm.. This is your go-to card. Use it to protect your champions for death.. As longer time they're out.. the more damage they cna do!

Sacrifice
    The core spell of this Battlegroup.. use it when Perseverance is popped to get your nora back! It really rocks.. It's CD is 6 turns.. and Chronomancers spellshift reduces it with 5 turns.. So you can use it quite often.

Retribution
    This is the last Core spell of the Battlegroup.. Use it just as u use Sacrifice.. If it makes sense that you deal around 45 dmg instead of getting your Nora back.

That's the BG.. I hope you enjoyed looking at it. Please let me know if you got anyquestions or suggestions to make it better.
    -Peace Out! <3

IronStylus likes this.
  2. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I thought Sac and Retribution didn't trigger on death effects

3. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Well the point is to cast Sac and Retri AFTER Perseverance has procced.
    - I dont believe that Sac or Retri will proc Perseverance

Qucas likes this.
  4. Qucas

Qucas Guest

Ohhh, got it now.

Kristian Skjold likes this.