UD Tanks

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Cinder405, Feb 24, 2016.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I run 1 of each in all my ud bgs, my more expensive bgs I run x2 sacrifice.

2. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

I always have at least 1 sac in my UD bgs, but I found myself usually leaving Retri out.

3. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

This is the first thing that came to my mind. That calcify can really do some work and mess with opponents math. Then if they mess up he can hit and heal for a ton with the deep wounds. Two together is even better and the cost is pretty low.
    I usually run one of each. Sac is more situational, but there are so many times where my opponent transfigures their shrine and I need retribution to finish it off.

4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I think it really comes down to the nora cost of your champs. Sacrifice is NOT more situational than retribution, since it is nora gen. Nora gen is always superior to damage.

5. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

How often do u find yourself using it?

6. Alakhami

every 2 or 3 games probably, hard to say. But if you run masochism, you definitely need to run sacrifice.

Cinder405 likes this.
  7. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

Sacrifice feels better and better lately for me. It's not x2 worthy but sometimes that 6 rounds cooldown isn't ending fast enough. As for tanks, Pincuchion is great. Votshair Reaver is tanky too and I even considered Stitched Tyrant in ff. Not like it wasn't played before.

Don't forget that UD has quite a few tools of keeping key champs safe such as Demon Shield, Molten Cloak, Masochism, Mindslicer Obelisk and Orb of Protection.

8. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

I think I meant to say ret there. I wouldn't say nora is always better but its always useful where damage is only sometimes. Still, if I could only run one other the other I'd go with ret, right now I try to have one of each.

9. Alakhami

for dem avatar killzz boi? :D

10. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I use it for that too. But I actually failed earlier today. I miscalculated by 3 HP. I lost the game.

11. Erenoth

Erenoth Member

That and while sac is always useful, when ret is useful it is just so much better its worth the times when it isn't. If that makes sense.

12. Alakhami

I hate when that happens. I had that cause I didn't get out my griefbearer fountain.